Simulating Jake Waters

Milnewd

Sounds like Johnson was Waters for the "scout" team. I'm really curious to see this Waters guy. I have a feeling he will be pretty similar to Aaron Murray but a little faster a probably not quite as good throwing the ball.

Murray with better throwing ability but only one very, very good WR option.

IMO Waters isn't nearly the passer Murray was, but is better running. His use and style of play kind of reminds me of Tebow with less power. I don't think of Waters as having the agility or elusiveness of a QB like Manziel, for example.

Not even close to Murray.

Sounds like Johnson was Waters for the "scout" team. I'm really curious to see this Waters guy. I have a feeling he will be pretty similar to Aaron Murray but a little faster a probably not quite as good throwing the ball.

IMO Waters isn't nearly the passer Murray was, but is better running. His use and style of play kind of reminds me of Tebow with less power. I don't think of Waters as having the agility or elusiveness of a QB like Manziel, for example.

Not even close, huh? Last year Murray threw 64.8% completions for 8.9 yds per throw and Waters threw for 61.2% and 9.5 yds per throw. Interestingly both guys are 6-1, 210 lbs.

Not even close, huh? Last year Murray threw 64.8% completions for 8.9 yds per throw and Waters threw for 61.2% and 9.5 yds per throw. Interestingly both guys are 6-1, 210 lbs.

I just don't view them on the same level esp. when you look at the competition each faced. No diss to Waters b/c I certainly think we're going to have issues with him but we do with most running QBs. I just don't believe Waters can carry his team vs. the competition Murray faced. Murray was the player that brought UGA back against us.

I just don't view them on the same level esp. when you look at the competition each faced. No diss to Waters b/c I certainly think we're going to have issues with him but we do with most running QBs. I just don't believe Waters can carry his team vs. the competition Murray faced. Murray was the player that brought UGA back against us.

And Waters gave Okie all they could handle last season, including shredding the Sooner secondary for 348 yards on 12 yds per completion average. KState rarely plays SEC caliber competition but when Waters has, he's been VERY Murray-esque.(You know, the Okie team that pummled Bama?) Your turn.

And Waters gave Okie all they could handle last season, including shredding the Sooner secondary for 348 yards on 12 yds per completion average. KState rarely plays SEC caliber competition but when Waters has, he's been VERY Murray-esque.(You know, the Okie team that pummled Bama?) Your turn.

I mean valid point but that's just one team and "Okie" didn't look all that great against a down UT team last week. There is no way i'm going to say he measures up to Murray playing one worthy team. I just don't view them on the same level. If he shreds us for that much maybe I'll consider it.

Archived