Jameis at it again

eagle76

Jameis is just a typically immature athlete who has always been protected by coaches and school administrators. As noted by BG, you have to wonder how this can go on and not affect the team.

He burned it up early in the season last year but AU showed him to be less than a superstar...a QB who was made to look good by some outstanding pass receivers. JMO, but as bad as the ACC is, FSU is still set up for a loss or two this year.

I agree with you to an extent.... He's not just a "typical" immature athlete as most athletes were never under investigation for rape. "Famous Jameis" wouldn't have as many headlines if it had not been for that investigation.

The crab legs event and this would have been quickly forgotten.

Good point but a half mature major college QB would know by now that he is in the spotlight and therefore would make a bit of an effort to stay out of the cross hairs of the media. Like Johnny Football....lacked (still lacks) personal discipline and that comes back to bite.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jameis is just a typically immature athlete who has always been protected by coaches and school administrators. As noted by BG, you have to wonder how this can go on and not affect the team.

He burned it up early in the season last year but AU showed him to be less than a superstar...a QB who was made to look good by some outstanding pass receivers. JMO, but as bad as the ACC is, FSU is still set up for a loss or two this year.

I agree with you to an extent.... He's not just a "typical" immature athlete as most athletes were never under investigation for rape. "Famous Jameis" wouldn't have as many headlines if it had not been for that investigation.

The crab legs event and this would have been quickly forgotten.

Good point but a half mature major college QB would know by now that he is in the spotlight and therefore would make a bit of an effort to stay out of the cross hairs of the media. Like Johnny Football....lacked (still lacks) personal discipline and that comes back to bite.

I agree - that's why I said I agree to an extent. You'd think by now after how many run ins and chances, he'd lay low or FSU would assign someone to follow him around all day until he commits to the NFL in Jan.

Stupid is as stupid does?

To me, this is simply an eye-rolling moment.

Should he have known better than to blurt this out in public? Perhaps.

However, he didn't hurt anyone. He didn't do anything illegal as far as I can tell.

Some may find it in bad taste, but a.) that's subjective and b.) apparently he's quoting something from an internet meme - so he's just using some contextual pop cultural reference to get a laugh out of his friends. Or at least that's what I'm gathering from reading articles.

And for us to cry about how 'we shouldn't have had to play against him' in the NCG just sounds like sour grapes; no different than Oregon, Bama, Georgia fans saying they shouldn't have had to play against Cam in 2010 because they think there was a cover-up to allow him to play.

I don't think any of us knows all the facts surrounding Jameis's case (or non-case) so I don't judge. Or I try not to.

Does Mr. Winston rub me the wrong way sometimes? Sure. But it's none of my business.

Furthermore, regarding football, there's no real cheating going on here, so I don't see a reason to complain about games that shouldn't have won by FSU.

Just my take. I could be wrong.

I agree in that the situation itself is minor but the fact there have been a culmination of incidents particularly those related to women from Winston I see the punishment being warranted. He should no longer get the benefit of the doubt for minor incidents b/c he's used them all up. I agree with you regarding his rape case in that there isn't enough evidence to draw a conclusion one way or another. However, it has been reported he had a run in with another female as well. Just too much surrounding him just to let it go. Plus he choose to make the statement in a very public place (student union). If it was in his or a friends dorm room then I could see him not being punished.

In his apology he actually said "I am not a "me" person". What a crock!! This idiot is the definition of a me person. Just a sorry person, and btw, he did not sound remorseful at all. Just the same junk said that you always get from him. As far as those who think its no big deal...you constantly bring negative national attention to your school, its a big deal.

In his apology he actually said "I am not a "me" person". What a crock!! This idiot is the definition of a me person. Just a sorry person, and btw, he did not sound remorseful at all. Just the same junk said that you always get from him. As far as those who think its no big deal...you constantly bring negative national attention to your school, its a big deal.

Don't forget...we have some of those too....IMO it's the nature of college sports (mostly football and basketball) where the prima donna kids are identified early in their teens and afterward are rarely held accountable for this kind of stuff. It's life....FSU gave him a punishment...1/2 game....does that sound familiar?

This is way beyond "immature." He is an egomaniac with no regard for anyone other than himself. He is surrounded by enablers who have coddled him at every turn. He has a charming facade and knows how to say what he is expected to say, but his actions prove him a liar.

Well, maybe Coker can get a quick transfer back to Tallahassee. :)

Trickett would be the better get for them. Bammer grabbed the wrong FSU reject!

Don't forget...we have some of those too....IMO it's the nature of college sports (mostly football and basketball) where the prima donna kids are identified early in their teens and afterward are rarely held accountable for this kind of stuff. It's life....FSU gave him a punishment...1/2 game....does that sound familiar?

if you are attempting to compare the negative national attention between marshall and winston, you are being ridiculous. There is no comparison - but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

This is an example of dumb and ate up with it.

Fell outta the dumb tree and hit every branch on the way down...

I live & work In Tallahassee, surrounded by FSU fans (most of whom, like Auburn fans, are alums or related to folks actually involved with the college) and almost without exception they're through with this clown. Every single one I talked with said they don't want him on the field in an FSU uniform anymore. (Gee, where were these folks when the previous 300 football players/menaces to society went through FSU?)

if you are attempting to compare the negative national attention between marshall and winston, you are being ridiculous. There is no comparison - but if it makes you feel better, go for it.

Doesn't make me feel better but you must have had your head in the sand if you missed all the sports media news clips about NM....whether he would go to Media Day, whether he would play and when he would play, etc. etc. Nick was major news for a couple weeks.

JMO but some AU folks need to quit drinking the kool aid and realize that...regrettably.... AU is not that much different from many other major football powers....and not that many games go by that one player or another is not sitting it out. Sure jump on Jameis...he deserves it.... but don't go and get all defensive when someone points out that we also have players sitting out games off an on during a typical season...or getting shipped off to some place where they can try to put their problems behind them. That's just big time football....

Aside from the out and out criminals, which we've had a few, Auburn athletes seem to learn from their mishaps or are sent packing (Zeke Pike, McNeil). What I see in Marshall is a sense of humility and shame. What I see in Cam (although I still 100% believe HE did nothing wrong) is an attempt to live his life in a way that is giving and compassionate. Cam is a confident guy and can be taken the wrong way, but look at his acts. Something is off in Winston's brain. His attitude toward women and the general rule of law is cavalier. If I were FSU, I'd be calling Auburn to see if they could borrow Tim Jackson!

JW, please deposit several millions dollars of your possible future earnings at the front door...........dufus.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hLzP4L_aY

I just saw an clip of Kirk Herby interviewing Winston and asked about this. Winston said it was just an honest mistake he "forgot to pay for them" and seemed like he could not get to the next question fast enough. Why oh why did Kirk not ask 'there are rumors that FSU football players get special treatment at this Publix and get to do things like not pay for things. Is this true?" Oh wait that would mean Kirk would actually be asking questions that everyone else wants an answer to.

Astounding.....SERIOUS impulse control issues...

A disaster waiting to happen, again.

I hope all women are safe in his area and I'm glad he is Free Seafood U's problem and not ours.

I wonder it any of those students in the FSU student union building happened to get a video of him making a fool of himself. In today's video based society where people only react to seeing video, that would really damage JW. Just ask Ray Rice.

Archived