Jameis at it again

eagle76

And he's been suspended for the first half of the Clemson game ...

FSU announces Jameis Winston is suspended for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU: “Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

@DanWolken

Really? Since when have FSU jocks been expected to conduct themselves like anything but thugs?

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)

Nailed it. You also nailed it earlier when saying top programs aren't that different from each other (including AU).

In fact, Jameis WANTED to come to AU and would have done so if not for some violations by his recruiters that required AU to cease all contact with him.

This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone have a link?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FSU announces Jameis Winston is suspended for the first half of the Clemson game.

FSU: “Student-athletes are expected to act in a way that reflects dignity and respect for others."

@DanWolken

Really? Since when have FSU jocks been expected to conduct themselves like anything but thugs?

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)

True. I'd like to think, however, that had the incident with the girl occurred at AU, the police and the university would have handled it in a much better manner and that we'd know, one way or the other, what actually happened. Sometimes it's better to not get what you want. In this case I believe that it was better for Auburn that he did not come here.

@DanWolken

Be easy on him....we were recruiting him pretty hard....had things gone a little differently, he would have been our thug. :)/>

Nailed it. You also nailed it earlier when saying top programs aren't that different from each other (including AU).

In fact, Jameis WANTED to come to AU and would have done so if not for some violations by his recruiters that required AU to cease all contact with him.

This is the first I've heard of this. Anyone have a link?

common knowledge back then. Related to zTiger Prowl I think.

Yeah, that was when Trooper and Luper got that slap on the wrist. It did cost us Jameis as I remember it. Played a big part anyways.

Should we send them a thank you note?

What's the movie line, "...million dollar arm, fifty cent brain..."

Bull Durham. "You don't need a quadraphonic Blaupunkt. What you need is a curve ball". Million dollar arm and a five cent head. You're severely overestimating the value of Jameis's brain power.

I like to think that if JW had signed with Auburn, Chizik left and CGM came in like he did, Jameis would have turned out differently then what he is now. Gus could have straightened Winston out and he would've done great things at Auburn.

I like to think that if JW had signed with Auburn, Chizik left and CGM came in like he did, Jameis would have turned out differently then what he is now. Gus could have straightened Winston out and he would've done great things at Auburn.

Not so sure about that. You just can't fix stupid.

He would have straightened out or he would have been shown the door.

In @MelKiperESPN's latest Big Board, Jameis Winston falls from No. 3 overall to No. 25.

@SportsCenter

Makes you wonder how the hell he got up to #3 with all of his prior incidents. :dead:

Same way a lot of people got to where they did. NFL teams used to be willing to overlook stuff like that if you had talent. Now they are paying a lot more attention to such things.

Gus is no miracle worker and he can only do so much to straighten out a kid. As we've seen with our own senior leaders over the past few months....guys are gonna make stupid decisions on their own.

I'll buy the speculation that Jameis would have cleaned up at Auburn or been gone (a la Zeke Pike) but this rewriting history that he ever wanted to come to Auburn MORE than FSU is flat baseless. In fact he committed unwaveringly so early in the recruiting process that he pretty well flew under the media radar as a highly touted recruit because there was zero speculation where he'd end up. Ironically, his head recruiter to FSU was (at that time FSU assistant) Dameyunne Craig.

In @MelKiperESPN's latest Big Board, Jameis Winston falls from No. 3 overall to No. 25.

@SportsCenter

Makes you wonder how the hell he got up to #3 with all of his prior incidents. :dead:

Same way a lot of people got to where they did. NFL teams used to be willing to overlook stuff like that if you had talent. Now they are paying a lot more attention to such things.

Obviously they haven't been paying attention to Winston's recent rape allegation, destruction of property, shop lifting, and current Title IX investigation since they had him listed @ #3 - - - it took him jumping on a table and using derogatory language offensive to females for them to drop him to #25???? :-\

Listen, I understand where you are coming from regarding the NFL, etc. But I just about guarantee you by the end of the season if JW stays out of the news, the NFL will boost him right back up to the top.

@SportsCenter

Obviously they haven't been paying attention to Winston's recent rape allegation, destruction of property, shop lifting, and current Title IX investigation since they had him listed @ #3 - - - it took him jumping on a table and using derogatory language offensive to females for them to drop him to #25???? :-\

Listen, I understand where you are coming from regarding the NFL, etc. But I just about guarantee you by the end of the season if JW stays out of the news, the NFL will boost him right back up to the top.

I don't know if they will or not. Oh he'll be up there all right. They'll give him a chance but he'll have a short leash.

@DanWolken

Yes, and we ran a freshman quarterback off for being drunk and chasing coeds down college street in downtown Auburn.....

If I recal correctly, and I may be wrong, that kid's father pulled him out of AU because he could see at the time there was no discipline in effect here.

I'll buy the speculation that Jameis would have cleaned up at Auburn or been gone (a la Zeke Pike) but this rewriting history that he ever wanted to come to Auburn MORE than FSU is flat baseless. In fact he committed unwaveringly so early in the recruiting process that he pretty well flew under the media radar as a highly touted recruit because there was zero speculation where he'd end up. Ironically, his head recruiter to FSU was (at that time FSU assistant) Dameyunne Craig.

I don't think the story is he wanted to come to AU more than FSU, but during his recruitment AU was at the top of his list, I THINK. I believe he cited Cam Newton and how Gus used Cam on offense as to why he wanted to come to AU. I think i read this prior to the BCS National Championship game.

Again, this is all based on my memory -- which, I will admit, is less than stellar.

If I recal correctly, and I may be wrong, that kid's father pulled him out of AU because he could see at the time there was no discipline in effect here.

And IIRC, his father specifically asked FSU to put a 24/7 handler with him while at FSU. His father knows what his son is capable to doing - Jimbo knows - and the administration of FSU knows.

Why should we be surprised that JW said something like this. When you can pull up next to a booming car that's blasting lyrics much more embarrassing and offensive than what Famous Jameis said...

I for one am not surprised that he said this stuff. I am however, shocked that he could be so STUPID as to do in the public forum he did with all the attention he has been getting with the Title IX investigation as well as the scrutiny the NFL has been under for this type of behavior. Yes there are different degrees to what he did. However, his future is riding on someone else's opinion of the risk factor he may have become in their eyes.

Why should we be surprised that JW said something like this. When you can pull up next to a booming car that's blasting lyrics much more embarrassing and offensive than what Famous Jameis said...

I'm surprised that he'd say something like this in a public place on campus considering there is a Title IX investigation currently underway regarding allegations that he raped a fellow student. I don't know, maybe I assumed a person would watch his P's & Q's while there's a microscope on him for allegations of criminal sexual misconduct.

I'm surprised that he'd say something like this in a public place on campus considering there is a Title IX investigation currently underway regarding allegations that he raped a fellow student. I don't know, maybe I assumed a person would watch his P's & Q's while there's a microscope on him for allegations of criminal sexual misconduct.

As noted , some people just never learn...the jails are full of people who got there as "repeat offenders". As for AU or Gus re-making any of these kind of kids, it's not likely to happen.

Gus might dump them quicker (or maybe not) but I expect that just about every college coach says a little prayer every morning they wake and and there has not been a call from the local police.

Newman5th called it, this little POS is a stone cold sociopath....says what needs to be said to cover his tracks. He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants and do what he wants with no remorse and no conscience.

He is a classic example. I love football as much as anyone, southern football with a culture of some enablers, is the worst thing for him...I pity society and wouldn't let anyone near him....FSeafoodU, will be mighty lucky to make it to the end of the season and tell him to get lost. They are praying he takes an offer from a baseball team that may have already drafted him...Value is dropping and it is TERRIBLY late , but maybe will happen.

He is nothing but a liability. A bullet I'm glad we dodged.

Archived