ESPN Poll for Gameday location

AUisAll

http://www.al.com/sp...70#pd_a_8304070

A little more description about the reason would be helpful than just a link...

ESPN has narrowed its choices to two locations for its Oct. 4 College GameDay broadcast, and both Alabama and Auburn are at the heart of the discussion.

Lee Fitting, ESPN's producer for the wildly popular college football preview show, said the choices have been narrowed down to Auburn, where the Tigers will host LSU, and Ole Miss, where the Rebels will host Alabama.

Ole Miss has never hosted College GameDay. Auburn last hosted the show before the 2013 Iron Bowl.

"I think we're in a good spot for Oxford," Fitting said in an interview on The Paul Finebaum Show. "But I don't want to make any guarantees and I don't want anyone to take me out of context."

There's a good chance both games will pit two undefeated teams against each other.

Ole Miss, which is ranked No. 14 in the Associated Press top 25 after its rout of Vanderbilt, hosts Louisiana-Lafayette and Memphis before it faces No. 3 Alabama. The Crimson Tide hosts Southern Miss and Florida.

No. 5 Auburn is the only team with a ranked opponent remaining on its schedule, as it will travel to No. 19 Kansas State on Thursday before its home game against Louisiana Tech. No. 10 LSU has three consecutive home games against Louisiana-Monroe, Mississippi State and New Mexico State.

Who do you think deserves it? Cast a vote in our poll.

Auburn trails by just over 8 percent with 36,000+ votes cast. But yeah, this is an al.com poll, so I rather doubt ESPN cares what comes out of it...especially with two weekends of football left to play before that one. If one is a matchup of unbeatens and the other isn't, I suspect it will get the precedence; if both feature a pair of undefeated teams, it'll probably be Ole Miss simply because the Gameday crew hasn't been to Oxford before.

Oooohh. Good news about Bama/Ole Miss being that weekend is maybe CBS will pick it up and we can get a night game against LSU! As an Auburn grad in a PhD program at LSU I'm making the trip with a few friends and would love to have that game at night. The last game I took them to was UGA in 2012, so it was pretty awful. LOL.

Oooohh. Good news about Bama/Ole Miss being that weekend is maybe CBS will pick it up and we can get a night game against LSU! As an Auburn grad in a PhD program at LSU I'm making the trip with a few friends and would love to have that game at night. The last game I took them to was UGA in 2012, so it was pretty awful. LOL.

That's not a bad point...would be outstanding to play LSU at night in Auburn for a change. It never seems to be the afternoon game against them unless it's played in JHS...

I'd rather them be at UAT / Ole Miss. That's a very losable game for UAT, and if it goes down that way the more publicity the better.

Archived