Whitehead not making trip to Kansas State

Barnacle

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's not drugs, just speculation but it could be grades?

Doubt it, I think he's suppose to be one of the smartest guys on the team plus I think he was valedictorian of his senior class. Granted hs grades doesn't necessarily mean they will succeed in the college classroom.

As long as he didn't get pulled over by a cop, or get caught sneaking out of Publix with something stuffed under his shirt, or get caught standing on a table and screaming obscenities, I'm good! I don't see any of this kind of behavior out of Whitehead, he's too smart. I certainly hope he'll be back with the team next week, or even better, catches a late plane west!! War Eagle, Jermaine! God is certainly faithful. Hang in there.

IF what has been posted thus far is accurate then I am not nearly as worried as I would have been if it had been a situation with illegal drugs. On the other hand being disrespectful to an elder is not a good thing either but admittedly much better than the alternative.

IF what has been posted thus far is accurate then I am not nearly as worried as I would have been if it had been a situation with illegal drugs. On the other hand being disrespectful to an elder is not a good thing either but admittedly much better than the alternative.

yep

According to knowledgeable sources, Whitehead had a verbal confrontation with an Auburn assistant coach, resulting in his suspension. His future beyond Thursday’s game is uncertain.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Senior-Auburn-safety-not-expected-to-play-against-Kansas-State-31259554

Whitehead got his degree in Accounting in August. I assume he is either enrolled in Grad School, or perhaps, since he is at the same school, he could have chosen to enroll in a second bachelor's program. I do not know how in-term grades affect athletes.

So if the word is the issue is not drugs, and there are rumors of arguments with coaches, then that seems to point away from grades.

I'm sure we will find out. I hope this is a temporary situation.

If the argument with Coach thing is true that would be really strange coming from someone who seems like an outstanding young man. I could be wrong but I don't buy it. Unless it became physical in some way maybe, but still hard to believe.

If the argument with Coach thing is true that would be really strange coming from someone who seems like an outstanding young man. I could be wrong but I don't buy it. Unless it became physical in some way maybe, but still hard to believe.

Buy it.

Whitehead get ur head out of ur arse and watch your mouth. Be humble. Ur doing something that 99% of the people on this board would love to do.

After a little research I think I have a handle on what's going on. JW definitely messed up and made it worse today but the original mistake is pretty understandable. JW just handled the fallout the wrong way.

Whitehead get ur head out of ur arse and watch your mouth. Be humble. Ur doing something that 99% of the people on this board would love to do.

Anyone that has played sports knows that some coaches can make you want to hit them.....obviously it's not the thing to do but I can see how a player could talk back. Whether he is doing what 99% would like to be doing has nothing to do with it....he's worked his butt off and perhaps thought he was being treated unfairly. Watch the NFL sidelines every week and watch the "conflict"...it happens. He is apparently paying for it...time to move on.

Archived