Whitehead not making trip to Kansas State

Barnacle

I'm curious about the timeline. Ideally it would have happened last week and players/coaches have known. Suppose it doesn't matter. These coaches are getting paid the big bucks to win games and I trust they'll have a good plan.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds as if the coaching staff is making it a point that this kind of stuff is not going to be put up with, no matter who it is. As much maligned as JW has been (at least on this board), he's a three year starter who has been playing his best football this season, so perhaps he was simply getting too big a head. Who knows?

In any case, I suspect this will be a make or break point for Jermaine in his football career, as well as a message to the rest of the guys that no one is above the coaches. You see it in the NFL because players' egos are stroked with big contracts, often bigger than the coaches they are playing for, thus making it an entirely different ballgame than college.

On a side note, this is a big part of the reason I think Malzahn would rather stay in the college game: being a coach in the NFL doesn't provide quite the same authority as being a coach in college does.

This is a point I have been trying to make for sometime. Some are dead certain he is headed to the NFL. I just don't think that is where his ambition is. I believe he truly likes the college game and that is where he wants to be.

We will be fine, next man up

We may be ok there, but we won't be as fine as we would have been with Whitehead on the field. Whitehead has been making many tackles, to a large extent cleaning up misses by the front seven. The "next man up" has some big shoes to fill as both a tackler and the QB of the defense.

Whitehead will be missed.

We may be ok there, but we won't be as fine as we would have been with Whitehead on the field. Whitehead has been making many tackles, to a large extent cleaning up misses by the front seven. The "next man up" has some big shoes to fill as both a tackler and the QB of the defense.

I have a good feeling that next man up will be more physical at whiteheads position than he was and if the next man up has the attitude of not giving the position back to whitehead then ,we will be fine.

Who's gonna be starting then? Roberts for sure? Or will we move Moncrief over there?

My guess is Holsey. Moncrief had an injury wrap on his wrist today as the team was leaving.

Who's gonna be starting then? Roberts for sure? Or will we move Moncrief over there?

My guess is Holsey. Moncrief had an injury wrap on his wrist today as the team was leaving.

Feel better already

I don't have a clue what happen but I hope this will be an experience for the entire team including the coaches that they all can grow and learn from.

Holsey is expected to make the start…Moncrief will get more playing time (hopefully doesn't suffer from anymore weak effort) with Ford and possibly Roberts. We'll miss Whitehead for sure. We can hope that he learns his lesson and meets with the coaches when they get back, humble and ready to do what it takes to get back to work. The team has been preparing for two weeks, disappointing that he lost focus from Kstate.

I noticed a play in the last game where JW was looking over toward the sideline, shaking his head and from the body language you could tell he was really upset about something, probably the coverage call. I am wondering if that is when the altercation started with his position coach or Coach Johnson.

Yep. Bingo.

Water's & Lockett just got endorphin rush jolts.

Personally i don't feel Whitehead, as some have said, let the team down...it probably was a heated argument that went too far and he was penalized for it...he's a good kid and has probably already apologized to the coaches and teammates...sucks he won't be making the trip but i'll chime in with next man up...we'll be fine...WAR EAGLE!

I noticed a play in the last game where JW was looking over toward the sideline, shaking his head and from the body language you could tell he was really upset about something, probably the coverage call. I am wondering if that is when the altercation started with his position coach or Coach Johnson.

I'm more inclined to think it was pertaining to obomacare or bengazi.

A finely tuned competitive athlete trying to do his best in the heat of the moment over reacts. A finely tuned competitive coach trying to do his best in the heat of the moment over reacts. It is possible that one or a combination of both scenarios occurred it is speculation. What I do know is JW is a good student, good football player and has no history of being a trouble maker. Again speculation on my part things got heated he reacted maybe the coach did to and apparently this led to his not going on the trip. Hopefully after everybody cools down this will be cleared up and we will see JW playing again very soon.

Based on JW's history at Auburn I believe the issue will be resolved and he will play again soon.

Was it Holsey who was injured during the week leading up to TAMU last year? Not saying this is a "good thing," but I do like what the end result of that game was a year ago...

this. We were all wailing and bemoaning our upcoming loss at A&M when Holsey went down (His replacement did a pretty good job). He's a pretty good safety and we'll have a plan. If we were 17 points better than KSU before, we may only be 10 points better than them now.

Did he stand up on a table in the student center and yell a sexual expletive at the coaches? Oh wait, that only rates a half-game suspension.

Did he stand up on a table in the student center and yell a sexual expletive at the coaches? Oh wait, that only rates a half-game suspension.

Which makes you think what they heck did he do?

Sounds as if the coaching staff is making it a point that this kind of stuff is not going to be put up with, no matter who it is. As much maligned as JW has been (at least on this board), he's a three year starter who has been playing his best football this season, so perhaps he was simply getting too big a head. Who knows?

In any case, I suspect this will be a make or break point for Jermaine in his football career, as well as a message to the rest of the guys that no one is above the coaches. You see it in the NFL because players' egos are stroked with big contracts, often bigger than the coaches they are playing for, thus making it an entirely different ballgame than college.

On a side note, this is a big part of the reason I think Malzahn would rather stay in the college game: being a coach in the NFL doesn't provide quite the same authority as being a coach in college does.

This is why the midget across the state couldn't hack it in the NFL, couldn't boss everyone around.

This is one of the reasons why I don't think he would ever take the Cowboys job. No way Jerry Jones lets him have full control of the team.

If CGM was offered the Cowboys job he would take it, you don't turn that job down.

Now back to JW. His tackling ability will not be missed more than his ability to get the defense in the right spot. I'm most concerned about getting the secondary aligned, and giving up big plays due to busts.

This sucks. IMO he has played the best out of all our DBs. I have a bad feeling about this game.

our most valuable db is therezie

I don't consider the STAR to be a pure DB. It's a DB/LB hybrid. I'm talking corners and safeties.

This is why the midget across the state couldn't hack it in the NFL, couldn't boss everyone around.

This is one of the reasons why I don't think he would ever take the Cowboys job. No way Jerry Jones lets him have full control of the team.

If CGM was offered the Cowboys job he would take it, you don't turn that job down.

Now back to JW. His tackling ability will not be missed more than his ability to get the defense in the right spot. I'm most concerned about getting the secondary aligned, and giving up big plays due to busts.

I was talking about Saban not Malzahn. If Malzahn gets offered the Cowboys job, I would be shocked if he didn't take it.

Archived