2017 3* QB Sam Ehlinger (Texas commit)

Campbell95

This kid isn't even close to 6'2 LMFAO.

Always got to love those guys that feel the need to go on message boards to overly hype some kid they know, as if its going to get them a scholarship offer.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right as always meta 247 has him at

Ht: 6-2.5 | Wt: 205 | 40: 4.63 as a soph.

http://247sports.com...-Ehlinger-65584

That s*** is self reported. You think 247 sends a guy out that measures all these kids?

Look at the picture above, better yet, look at the highlight clips in which everyone on the field looks as tall or taller LOL.

He looks like a certified manlet in the photo above with his squatty frame. Look how short his legs look. Thats supposed to be 6'2.5? Ooooook.

That s*** is self reported. You think 247 sends a guy out that measures all these kids?

Look at the picture above, better yet, look at the highlight clips in which everyone on the field looks as tall or taller LOL.

He looks like a certified manlet in the photo above with his squatty frame. Look how short his legs look. Thats supposed to be 6'2.5? Ooooook.

Forget his height, I'm curious as to how you are still alive. You seriously can't walk around speaking like this IRL. If not beaten to death, at least beaten to the point you'd know better.

Always got to love those guys that feel the need to go on message boards to overly hype some kid they know, as if its going to get them a scholarship offer.

Feel better now???? At least the guy is posting some facts about a player that has some potential. AU may not be interested but it doesn't hurt to post facts & links. I'd rather read this stuff on the board than some of the back & forth elementary school jokes that go on that has absolutely nothing to do with recruiting.

He is every bit of 6'2. He dwarfs me. He doesn't look like it on film though because he's so damn thick. I wouldn't say he was 6'2 if it was obvious he wasn't. Personally, I don't have to try and hype the kid up for a scholarship offer. His play will do that just fine. Just letting y'all know about one of the best players to ever come out of a school known for producing top-notch QB's.

Wow who pissed you off? I'm gonna show Sam this right now. Pretty sure he won't care what some random fan says, but on the off chance that it might motivate him even more than his dad's passing already does, why not?

Wow who pissed you off? I'm gonna show Sam this right now. Pretty sure he won't care what some random fan says, but on the off chance that it might motivate him even more than his dad's passing already does, why not?

More self control then I'd have dude. Post often Campbell, enjoying all these updates on this kid!

Don't pay metafour any mind, he thinks he knows everything.

Sam looks legit. I especially like his mechanics, he's very accelerated for only a Soph.

Wow who pissed you off?

Nobody. Meta is very often disrespectful like that. If he bothers you then your best bet is to ignore his posts. We have a feature to ignore posts if you want to know how to do that.

More self control then I'd have dude. Post often Campbell, enjoying all these updates on this kid!

I have self control in these situations because I'm inured to such comments. People can doubt Westlake players all they want, but they very rarely flop into obscurity. People said the same things about Ryan Swope, Bryce Hager, Drew Brees, and Nick Foles and they did alright for themselves.

I will admit however that 6'2.5 is maybe a bit much. He's not up to 6'3 yet and honestly he may be done growing. I know he hasn't been to the doctor about that in a while so who knows. Only time will tell.

Thanks again for all the support guys! The reason I'm doing this is because Sam was one of the kids that I led in youth group for a number of years and I want nothing but the best for the young man. Watching him grow up into not only the player he is, but the man of God that he is, is something of a surreal experience for me.

Forget his height, I'm curious as to how you are still alive. You seriously can't walk around speaking like this IRL. If not beaten to death, at least beaten to the point you'd know better.

I can speak like this because I'm 6'6 295 pounds. Check my 247 profile.

Sam says he's sorry for whatever he did to make you hate him so much. Hahaha I don't know how he's gonna get over it.

That earns you exactly 1500 Internet points. No one cares buddy.

I have self control in these situations because I'm inured to such comments. People can doubt Westlake players all they want, but they very rarely flop into obscurity. People said the same things about Ryan Swope, Bryce Hager, Drew Brees, and Nick Foles and they did alright for themselves.

Dear god, I said the kid isn't 6'2, I'm not doubting that he is a good player. I dont give a rat's ass about Westlake football or their trials and tribulations. The comment at hand refers to his height, which I'm 94.5% likely to be right on. Go Google a picture of Nick Marshall who is no taller than 6'1 and take a look at the length of his legs in comparison to your boy's. I'm sorry, but his "thick frame" isn't going to make his legs look like bowling pins.

The amount of people in the real world who actually know how to gauge height are minimal. Everyone thinks they are taller than they really are. HS football coaches are the worst, because guess what? A 6'2 15 year old QB sounds a lot more enticing than a 5'11 15 year old.

Dear god, I said the kid isn't 6'2, I'm not doubting that he is a good player. I dont give a rat's ass about Westlake football or their trials and tribulations. The comment at hand refers to his height, which I'm 94.5% likely to be right on. Go Google a picture of Nick Marshall who is no taller than 6'1 and take a look at the length of his legs in comparison to your boy's. I'm sorry, but his "thick frame" isn't going to make his legs look like bowling pins.

The amount of people in the real world who actually know how to gauge height are minimal. Everyone thinks they are taller than they really are. HS football coaches are the worst, because guess what? A 6'2 15 year old QB sounds a lot more enticing than a 5'11 15 year old.

I get your skepticism regarding his height, but it's completely accurate. Obviously there's nothing I can do to change your mind. All I can say is if anyone wants to see him play live and judge for yourselves you're more than welcome. Westlake plays Lake Travis at LT on October 24th and if any of y'all are in the area that weekend, you should check it out. It's going to be the best game of the year and LT kids are saying that all they're doing is looking forward to Ehlinger and gameplanning how to stop him.

Now, that is pretty funny even if it came from Meta y'all. Dare I say even a tad clever? :)

meta, being that size is not an excuse to be or give you the right to be a jerk. if you are going to pray, maybe throw in a prayer for yourself. me thinks you may need it. netter yet, I will pray for you.

BTW, I'm a 7', 275 lb French model...............

meta, being that size is not an excuse to be or give you the right to be a jerk. if you are going to pray, maybe throw in a prayer for yourself. me thinks you may need it. netter yet, I will pray for you.

BTW, I'm a 7', 275 lb French model...............

is that verified by 247??

I can only hope Sam Ehlinger does not sign with TA&M.

He wants to go somewhere that he can get a good education. He's said that he knows football is not eternal, but an education will carry him in life beyond football.

I can only hope Sam Ehlinger does not sign with TA&M.

He wants to go somewhere that he can get a good education. He's said that he knows football is not eternal, but an education will carry him in life beyond football.

I think TA&M is a good school. That kind of rules out Bama though. Ha!

Archived