2017 3* QB Sam Ehlinger (Texas commit)

Campbell95

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick question for you guys, would you like me to stop posting about the kid? If y'all do then that's fine and I'll leave the board.

You are free to post. I was just curious to what your angle was. You're posts are welcome. Interest from a fan's end will just not be great until about next Summer or recruiting sites start covering AU pursuing Sam.It's hard for a number of fans to get interested in kids in the 2016 class which is 2 signing classes away. It's that much harder for fans to be interested in kids 3 classes away. It's just the nature of the beast. With all that said, if the staff wants Sam then the AU family wants Sam so don't you or he get discouraged.

Well as far as I know, Lashlee keeps in touch with Sam and has asked that he send in his Sophomore film as soon as the season is over. As soon as Sam does that (he actually jokes that creating his own Hudl might help) then an offer may come. Same goes for Briles at Baylor, and that one seems more likely because Auburn doesn't really dip into Texas too much.

Well as far as I know, Lashlee keeps in touch with Sam and has asked that he send in his Sophomore film as soon as the season is over. As soon as Sam does that (he actually jokes that creating his own Hudl might help) then an offer may come. Same goes for Briles at Baylor, and that one seems more likely because Auburn doesn't really dip into Texas too much.

Thanks! Solid info!

Who's our top QB target for the 2015 class and do you think we'll sign 2 QB's this time?

The 2015 class was Tyler Queen and no. We are done with QBs in this class.

Another update for you guys if you care...

Ehlinger and Westlake took care of Texas A&M commit Connor Lanfear and Hays this past Friday 49-7 for Homecoming. Ehlinger was 16-20 for 297 yards and 4 TD passes while adding 55 on the ground and another TD for a total of 5 in just 3 quarters of work.

The real work begins this week as Westlake prepares for nationally ranked Lake Travis. This will be the true test of Sam's ability against a great defense much like Southlake Carroll earlier this season.

Thanks, Campbell. And don't let Metafour run you off. He just likes to take shots at everyone (not just you).

Thanks, Campbell. And don't let Metafour run you off. He just likes to take shots at everyone (not just you).

^This^ :)

Ehlinger actually came over to my house this past weekend to check on my brother who had ACL surgery a few days ago and inevitably we got to talking about recruiting eventually. It's a pretty hard topic to avoid for the kid. He gave me the "I'm going to go where I think I'll succeed. Don't know where that is yet though." Almost on que my brother and his friends interjected saying that they'd be disappointed if he went anywhere other than Stanford. He kinda shrugged it off, but it's pretty well known how big a Stanford offer is for any kid.

As I've said previously, Sam has his head screwed on straight and values an education immensely. Heck, if I was his dad and my kid was deciding between my alma mater and Stanford, screw my school and go play under Coach Shaw and get a great education in beautiful Palo Alto, California. That's pretty tough to beat.

I hope Sam does well. However, I couldn't care less to see his updates here until both, the Auburn coaches and Sam, develop a serious recruiting relationship. Can we move this thread?

I hope Sam does well. However, I couldn't care less to see his updates here until both, the Auburn coaches and Sam, develop a serious recruiting relationship. Can we move this thread?

No and be more respectful to Campbell doing all the hard work bringing the info over that he has. There is an easy solution. If you don't want to see his updates. Simply don't click on the thread.

No and be more respectful to Campbell doing all the hard work bringing the info over that he has. There is an easy solution. If you don't want to see his updates. Simply don't click on the thread.

How was that disrespectful? I thought the criteria for starting a thread was a player must have a scholarship offer. I guess I will ignore this thread until 2017. Maybe, once he signs with Stanford, we can move it then.

I thought the criteria for starting a thread was a player must have a scholarship offer.

That criteria is only about my personal rules for me starting a thread on a recruit. It does not apply to any other AUF member. There are numerous threads started on recruits who don't have an AU offer and that is perfectly acceptable for them to do..

Sam already has a very good realtionship with Rhett Lashlee that he started when Malzahn invited him to a camp where he impressed them so much that he got a private workout. He's been told to send his film in at the season's end and a decision on an offer will be made at that time, although I'm pretty confident he will get one.

Sam is equally open to every school that is showing him serious interest right now, aside from the small football schools. He really likes Gus Malzahn and his QB pedigree is undeniable, and Sammy knows that. As for the Stanford thing, what parent wouldn't want their kid to get a Stanford education? I am by no means saying that, if and when that call from David Shaw comes, he will commit. It's just an offer that would justifiably be hard for any kid to ignore.

I'll do this for you guys. I'll text Sam and ask him what his thoughts on Auburn are to gauge his interest and see what he says. If I don't like what I hear, I'll let you know and you won't see me here again. If I do like what I hear, likewise, but I'll stick around to give you guys more info.

Sam already has a very good realtionship with Rhett Lashlee that he started when Malzahn invited him to a camp where he impressed them so much that he got a private workout. He's been told to send his film in at the season's end and a decision on an offer will be made at that time, although I'm pretty confident he will get one.

Sam is equally open to every school that is showing him serious interest right now, aside from the small football schools. He really likes Gus Malzahn and his QB pedigree is undeniable, and Sammy knows that. As for the Stanford thing, what parent wouldn't want their kid to get a Stanford education? I am by no means saying that, if and when that call from David Shaw comes, he will commit. It's just an offer that would justifiably be hard for any kid to ignore.

I'll do this for you guys. I'll text Sam and ask him what his thoughts on Auburn are to gauge his interest and see what he says. If I don't like what I hear, I'll let you know and you won't see me here again. If I do like what I hear, likewise, but I'll stick around to give you guys more info.

Campbell,

You are more than welcome to stick around. I think you should look at other threads too. Check out other QB threads that AU is looking at as well as other position players, as well as the threads on our team this year and other sports. We are a family here. I am not sure how old you are, but AU is a great school and I for one remember very day I spent at Auburn as some of the best days of my life.

Cool, but I'd suggest tell us the vibe and stick around regardless of what some other yahoos say. :thumbsup:

Cool, but I'd suggest tell us the vibe and stick around regardless of what some other yahoos say. :thumbsup:

Agreed. There are some very cool posters here, and you've expressed your interest in Auburn (regardless of Sam's). So there you go.

Agreed. There are some very cool posters here, and you've expressed your interest in Auburn (regardless of Sam's). So there you go.

Why thank you britt didn't know you had it in you to speak of me that way. :bigblush: :bigblush:

Now as for Sam keep the updates coming campbell....it's great appreciated

Why thank you britt didn't know you had it in you to speak of me that way. :bigblush: :bigblush:

Now as for Sam keep the updates coming campbell....it's great appreciated

I said "very cool," not "very old," golf.

:rimshot:

Just another update from Sam's game this past weekend. Ehlinger only played one half in a 54-0 win over Del Valle to help Westlake clinch it's 27th consecutive playoff appearance.

Ehlinger still managed to rack up 3 passing TD's while adding 1 on the ground. However, he was not the star of the game for the first time this season. 2016 S Stephen Rioux had 3 INT's with a pick-six as well as a blocked punt which he also returned to the house. Career game for him for sure.

Hey, Campbell:

You might pass this article along to Sam.... Auburn listed at #4 combined for football and academics (Stanford makes the top 10, as well).

;)/>

War Eagle!

Nice Britt.

Archived