Marshall in the NFL

WFE12

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again, good Lord, are we arguing about what is defined as "elite" versus a "step below elite"? What the hell does that even mean? How about this: if I'm starting a franchise and have a desire to make the playoffs on an annual basis and never suck Cam is one of the top guys on the board. The list is something like this: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Newton, Luck, maybe Wilson (although he's never carried an offense like all the guys on this list), maybe Rivers, maybe Stafford, and maybe Ryan. That's the top group. I don't care if that's what you consider elite, but that's the land where Cam exists. Call it whatever you want.

Again, good Lord, are we arguing about what is defined as "elite" versus a "step below elite"? What the hell does that even mean? How about this: if I'm starting a franchise and have a desire to make the playoffs on an annual basis and never suck Cam is one of the top guys on the board. The list is something like this: Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Newton, Luck, maybe Wilson (although he's never carried an offense like all the guys on this list), maybe Rivers, maybe Stafford, and maybe Ryan. That's the top group. I don't care if that's what you consider elite, but that's the land where Cam exists. Call it whatever you want.

... would depend on if it's elite the noun or elite the adjective?

Show me the numbers. You can't seriously compare last year's running game to this year's. Auburn was breaking in brand new RB's and they still had old reliable in Tre Mason. This year, they don't have a powerback who can get those tough three or four yard gains. Those popular excuses like "it's a new system, give it time" or " They're new to the offense, give them a year to figure out Gus's offense" don't cut it this year. These guys have been here and done that. The running hasn't resembled anything like last year's to this point. LOL,lose a Heisman trophy candidate and you're better.

Depends on whether you're comparing the first 3 games of this year with the first 3 or the last 3 of last year. WarTiger posted the numbers in another thread, and the first 3 of this year, we are better than the first 3 of last year. However, most of us expected this team be closer to midseason form from the get-go, so the performance to date is disappointing. If we can get better each week like we did last year, we'll be fine. The biggest improvement is needed from the FB position. IMO, our biggest loss from last year is Prosch.

You missed Big Ben...

No. I didn't. If this were 5 years ago, he makes the list. That team hasn't finished above .500 the last two years, and I doubt they turn the trick this year. I don't think you can put him on the list of guys you would build your team around.

Archived