Announcer Pollack has no clue

TastesLikeChicken

I didn't notice a lot of bias. Seemed pretty balanced to me. They were giving props to KSU, but they were giving props to Auburn as well. I didn't hear them bad-mouthing Auburn. In fact, near the end of the game, even though Marshall and the receivers had not played well in the passing game, one of the announcers said he was confident that NM could carry the offense with his passing when needed.

Yeah Im usually on the anti-Palmer and Pollack bandwagon but I thought it was minimal crap last night and mostly unbias. The one glaring thing was I didnt hear any of them say a word about the obvious missed block in the back and holding calls. Overall if you are waiting for Auburn to ever get a completely fair shake in the media then you will be waiting a very long time.

I normally don't listen to the AU announcers during the game because they are 5-10 seconds ahead of the DirecTv picture and I don't like hearing the action before seeing it. However, with the ESPN announcers last night I decided to listen to Rod and Stan and turn off TV sound and I will say that I rather enjoyed it. I may do that again next game. It's just too bad that I can't come up with an easy to sync TV picture and radio sound.

It's a ritual for me for the last couple years I turn the sound off the tv and listen to Rod and Stan for the games. They announce the game better and I can't help but love hearing Rod scream "Touchdown Auburn!" lol :wareagle:

Since I don't have cable/D TV or even air broadcast right now. I just listen to Rod and Stan...it reminds me of Saturdays during my teen years, headphones on, tuned to the game, ridding the mower, cutting 10 acres of grass, and Screaming Touchdown Auburn!

Great memories!

Like I said, Palmer was okay during this game.

At least at the the end he said don't judge Auburn's offense based on 1 game, that Auburn was better than what we saw, or something to that effect.

I don't recall any unmerited negative statements towards Auburn by either of these two

The problem with these two is neither is very polished as an analyst. And they seem to try to hard to show how sharp they are.

The bigger problem is with so much college football on television the product is diluted.

I miss the days of Keith Jackson, Lindsey Nelson, Brian Griese, Bud Wilkinson, Charlie Jones, Dick Enberg, Chris Schenkel. Ron Franklin, Frank Broyles, etc.

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

I normally don't listen to the AU announcers during the game because they are 5-10 seconds ahead of the DirecTv picture and I don't like hearing the action before seeing it. However, with the ESPN announcers last night I decided to listen to Rod and Stan and turn off TV sound and I will say that I rather enjoyed it. I may do that again next game. It's just too bad that I can't come up with an easy to sync TV picture and radio sound.

Had this same problem but with the AU Game Day app you can pause the audio stream to sync up with your video stream or vice versa so it works pretty well that way, though a tad tedious. But I'm with you, I can't stand to watch plays ahead/behind the AU broadcast audio.

Guest LIMESTONETIGER

And I loved the sideline camera continually going to Stephen Roberts when the color guys were talking about Nick. Guess no one gave them a roster sheet so they'd know we had TWO players wearing #14.

Since I don't have cable/D TV or even air broadcast right now. I just listen to Rod and Stan...it reminds me of Saturdays during my teen years, headphones on, tuned to the game, ridding the mower, cutting 10 acres of grass, and Screaming Touchdown Auburn!

Great memories!

To be perfectly honest, I'd rather listen to a good radio broadcast than watch on television.

Like I said, Palmer was okay during this game.

At least at the the end he said don't judge Auburn's offense based on 1 game, that Auburn was better than what we saw, or something to that effect.

He didn't but at the end of the day who can stand to listen to him regardless of what he says. Hes that obnoxious jock from high school that talks and talks because he enjoys hearing himself but everyone else just wishes he would shutup lol Man I wish he would get a case of permanent laryngitis.

As far as Pollack having no clue, he is on a very long list of mediots. The list of those who aren't clueless is very short. I think the problem is there was a time when broadcasters mainly just broadcasted the games, very little opinion involved, and that was it. They didnt choose favorites during the game for the most part. You were unprofessional if you did. Now with 24 hour coverage, all we hear is opinions, and because these guys are appearing on various sports shows, they feel that when they broadcast a game that they should be pushing their agenda then as well, instead of just calling the game. Bottom line is what these guys say is no more meaningful than what my next door neighbor has to say. In many cases less meaningful. Too many people still dont realize that though.

Archived