I will be the one to say it....

aubfaninga

Can we start positive? Let me first say that EJ, once again, has proven that he is an elite defensive coach!!! Spy the run threat and leave soft coverage on a man that has no threat of positive yardage after catch, all while locking down a proven NFL threat. Really close to perfection on game planning a defensive strategy. Now for the negative!!!! I wanted to scream it in the 3rd qtr of the FSU game but I held my tongue. AUBURN is so close to being BOBO 2.0!!!!! Gus has given the power to RL and it shows. I love loyalty. I am that guy that said Chiz was OWED one more year because of what he earned. I cared not what anyone said about my stance because I had faith in results. That is the past and this is the present. If Gus is letting RL earn his stripes at the cost of AUBURN wins, I want no part. While I believe that loyalty comes first, I also believe that "one deserves only what he has earned". If my instinct is wrong then Auburn has a long next few years. If my instinct is right then Gus needs to take his OFFENSE back. In the national championship, of 2013, I felt like we had no faith in what wins AUBURN games in this NEW ERA! I saw it again tonight. Too cute, too much thinking, trying to get the perfect play, instead of trusting on what we say we pride ourselves on. Our "destiny" is built on speed, fast paced, decisive, conditioning, smash you in the mouth.... football. I will leave with this, GUS, call your plays!!! I do not want us to be the second best BOBO effect in the SEC. Great win AUBURN against K-State. Everyone of the players deserve nothing but credit for this win because the COACHING STAFF WAS NOT TNT 13. #1 Tough means making tough decision despite who they hurt #2 Together means doing what is best for the ENTIRE family #3 13 means being better than we were last year, NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry, I know you'

re sincere in what you're saying and have given it a lot of thought. But I still have no idea what you're talking about. You sound as though you think there is some misplaced loyalty somewhere with RL, whoever that is. Or a TNT BOBO 13. Please explain yourslef. thanks.

Sorry, I know you'

re sincere in what you're saying and have given it a lot of thought. But I still have no idea what you're talking about. You sound as though you think there is some misplaced loyalty somewhere with RL, whoever that is. Or a TNT BOBO 13. Please explain yourslef. thanks.

Haha, I understood it. He is saying that RL (Rhett Lashlee) calling the plays instead of Gus, is like Bobo calling the plays instead of Richt. It doesn't work well and he doesn't like it.

Sorry, I know you'

Haha, I understood it. He is saying that RL (Rhett Lashlee) calling the plays instead of Gus, is like Bobo calling the plays instead of Richt. It doesn't work well and he doesn't like it.

Thank you for putting that in sober terms. I will back later to defend what I felt (or thought I saw) while enjoying my Thursday night off.

#32 Dacori Johnson killed us all night and blew up our inside running game. Give him credit. But we need to block him. LSU will have a guy like him, as will uat and aTm and uga.

I am guilty of being under the lights, BUT is it just me??? Does our read look WAYYYY slower than it did last year?

The Defense carried Auburn over the 20th ranked team at their place. What is this guy complaining about?

I mean that soft coverage was pretty terrible and Waters was just really bad or we'd have been alot worse off....didn't think someone would actually congratulate him for that decision making.

cfb stats . com after sunday

The Defense carried Auburn over the 20th ranked team at their place. What is this guy complaining about?

The offenses Uncertainty. That is what this guy was complaining about

The offenses Uncertainty. That is what this guy was complaining about

We beat a legitimate top 25 team in their place. I am so happy to say that our defense won the game. K- State treated this like a NC game. etc. etc. etc. I do not know if what I saw is a reality or not but if you think GUS will be happy once he reviews this game.... I will give you my sunshine pumper crown.

Well you are going to have a game like this where you don't play your best. Every championship team has this type of game. We had numerous mistakes but we won. Now it's up to the coaches to address this and fix it.

If our receivers hang on to a few deep balls, we stretch the field and hopefully open up the running game. Teams are going to do exactly what Kansas St did...stop the zone-read at all costs. If we can consistently hurt teams in the passing game, then we'll be fine.

If our receivers hang on to a few deep balls, we stretch the field and hopefully open up the running game. Teams are going to do exactly what Kansas St did...stop the zone-read at all costs. If we can consistently hurt teams in the passing game, then we'll be fine.

If that's the case, we need to sit NM and play JJ... ;)

If that's the case, we need to sit NM and play JJ... ;)

I know the "two quarterback system" is hated by almost everyone. But, with the way this team is right now......Idk, I think Johnson should at least get a series a game to keep the defense on its toes. Marshall has improved as a passer. Instead of overthrowing guys buy 5-10 yards, he overthrowing guys by 1-2 yards, but either way it's still incomplete. He looked better this game though than he did last game. His receivers need to help him out too.

#32 Dacori Johnson killed us all night and blew up our inside running game. Give him credit. But we need to block him. LSU will have a guy like him, as will uat and aTm and uga.

I am guilty of being under the lights, BUT is it just me??? Does our read look WAYYYY slower than it did last year?

What is missing thus far is the "chemistry" Marshall and Mason had on selling the fake. In the latter half of the 2013 season, it was frequently very difficult to tell which of them had the ball as they sold the handoff fake and running so well. I've seen glimpses of it this year, but I think that was a key component in getting defenses as out of sorts as the offense did last year. That said, it looked much like the entire offense had an off night in Manhattan.

What is missing thus far is the "chemistry" Marshall and Mason had on selling the fake. In the latter half of the 2013 season, it was frequently very difficult to tell which of them had the ball as they sold the handoff fake and running so well. I've seen glimpses of it this year, but I think that was a key component in getting defenses as out of sorts as the offense did last year. That said, it looked much like the entire offense had an off night in Manhattan.

Might be the chemistry thing but IMO, what's really missing is Prosch busting a** as the lead blocker on the running plays.

Our lead blocker whiffed way too often...left the RB out in the cold with two or more KSU defenders in front of him. KSU did a good job of shutting down the outside game but we did a terrible job of putting blocks on their defenders.

Might be the chemistry thing but IMO, what's really missing is Prosch busting a** as the lead blocker on the running plays.

Our lead blocker whiffed way too often...left the RB out in the cold with two or more KSU defenders in front of him. KSU did a good job of shutting down the outside game but we did a terrible job of putting blocks on their defenders.

No doubt, I was more responding to his statement of the read seeming slower than last year in the context of all three games thus far. I've noticed that most of the fakes haven't been nearly as convincing as last year, and that subsequently DE's aren't getting as frozen and confused as they were.

I agree, but let us not discount KState. Historically, teams do not go into Manhattan and play well. That was one very well disciplined Snyder defense and no one should have expected less.

Archived