Sour Grapes

Stripe

Man it was a strange game for our beloved Tigers, the run game sputtered, recievers dropped balls all over the place, and we didn't score at least 30 pts. But our defense stepped up and played extremely well for playing a team that usually throws the ball up and down the field at will. The special teams i could say we're not special, but that wouldn't be fair to them as our guys were getting road to the ground by players on their backs and not getting any calls, so i will hold out on bashing special teams. Now on to the topic at hand.

I have done quite a bit of reading outside of this site this week leading up to the game and since...Man there are some butt hurt Big 12 fans out there.

All week i kept reading how Kst. Is the toughest place in the country to play, how k st was going to walk all over Auburn, How we wouldn't be able to shut down their passing game, nor their running qb. Bla...bla...bla...

Now that the game is over and Auburn has won Big 12 fans, not just K St fans, are whining and crying all over the place:

1. K st. Beat them selves

2. Auburn stole our signals

3. Auburn barely beat our middle of the pack team,

4. Ok and Baylor would destroy Auburn

5. Auburn doesn't deserve to be #5

6. Our kicker...3 fieldgoals

7. Our quarter back...interceptions

8. Our NFL wide reciever...can't catch a TD pass

9. Woulda...

10. Shoulda...

11. Coulda...

12. And more and more excuses...I could go on for about another 20 or 30 excuses.

I thought this only came out of UGA and bammers fans. It's the way a sore loser acts. It's one thing to discuss the good and bad of a game between your own fans as we do on this board after a tough loss or even a win for that matter, but to whine and cry to the winning teams fans is pathetic. Does no one from the losing side realize that things happen in a game good and bad for both teams? Do they not watch the same game we do or are they in an alternate reality where we are out there bashing their players with spiked maces and running them down on motorcycles a La Mad Max style?

It baffles my mind as to why people stoop to such pathetic defensive responses after their team loses a close game. Hell I still hear bammer crying about missed field goals and shoulda won, without taking in to account that in that line of thought that Auburn should have scored at least 2 more sure TD's if wide open recievers caught the ball and Auburn still would have won. Just like Big 12 fans crying that if K St would have made 3 FGs they would have won...pathetic. take some pride in yourselves, K. St. Fans should be happy that they were in the Game at the end and had a chance to win. They should be extatic that they done something no other team has done since CGM became HC in stopping Auburn's run game and making us throw. Instead all I here and read is...Sour Grapes.

This "receiver dropped the ball" thing was news to me. Cass got a piece of that one and the DL nearly got several more. Sling it around 40 times and you'll get tipped balls. Also, we left several ints on the field with guys in position.

When you are a KSU, and ranked or not, it's rare to get a non-conference opponent of AU's caliber to visit your home....like once in about 30 years. So seems to me that the game was just too big for them.

The got a shot at AU when AU played a pretty poor game....and still could not win. The post-game whining is not becoming.

What do you expect out of people who think a hundred or so fat red-necks riding around the stadium revving their "hogs" is a pre-game tradition ? Yep, it just screams "Look at ME !!" Kinda like K-State itself......

What was so blatant last night as well was the holding. Holding on almost every play! Gabe Wright held multiple times throughout the game, and K State has not one penalty on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. It's one thing to be a disciplined team, I get that, but how I saw, K State was lucky they weren't being called for holding all game long, which would have sputtered a huge amount of their drives, maybe allowing for more points to be scored by us. I was amazed that it wasn't even called once, because it was all over the place. I blame refereeing for costing a team an entire game (although I do whine about some calls here and there) that just seemed almost blatantly obvious at some points last night. Always happy with a win but man, if K State fans believe they were cheated out of that one by missed opportunities, I point to the 4 dropped passes, three of which could have gone for TD's, and multiple obvious holding calls.

Disappointed in Snyder, thought he was a class act until he went to the media with these accusations. Where's your evidence coach?

I'm also stunned at the number of KState fans blathering about him being "one of the greatest coaches of all time" with a 66% winning percenatage, 7-8 record in bowl games, no national title, etc etc.

I hear the bizarre "SEC is not that good" world-is-flat-like argument all the time in Tallahassee and have the SEC vs ACC numbers memorized to shut up Noles but exactly how limited are these KState dullards in researching the SEC vs Big 12? "We shut you down for 3 quarters" is just...stupid.

I love how everyone assumed this was Auburn's best. Both teams got a Tipped pick. Since when are field goals automatic points, and no penalties for Kansas state? Ignore the fact that Jake waters, jake Lockett, and the run game got shut down and say that on a down night for Auburn's offense they should have been beaten by field goals.... get real.

What was so blatant last night as well was the holding. Holding on almost every play! Gabe Wright held multiple times throughout the game, and K State has not one penalty on the offensive or defensive side of the ball. It's one thing to be a disciplined team, I get that, but how I saw, K State was lucky they weren't being called for holding all game long, which would have sputtered a huge amount of their drives, maybe allowing for more points to be scored by us. I was amazed that it wasn't even called once, because it was all over the place. I blame refereeing for costing a team an entire game (although I do whine about some calls here and there) that just seemed almost blatantly obvious at some points last night. Always happy with a win but man, if K State fans believe they were cheated out of that one by missed opportunities, I point to the 4 dropped passes, three of which could have gone for TD's, and multiple obvious holding calls.

For all we know the soft stance on "holding" might be the reason all those teams score 40-50 points every game. Generally the rules favor an offense anyway and since the high scoring games are popular out west, perhaps they just look the other way on holding to give their "O" and even bigger advantage. Anyway....we survived it and it's time to look to the next game....and the game after that one.

If KState is as good as they claim they are, then they will beat OU and Baylor. This was their biggest game in 20+ years. They were hyped and ready to play. They lost it to an Auburn team playing it's worst offense.

It was a painful game to watch for both fan bases. What we got was ugly and nothing like the hype or what we are used to seeing.

Gus may be happy with the win (aren't we all) but he can't be happy with the execution across the board, including himself.

This was like last years MSU game, Frustration for everyone, some strange play-calling and key players not getting the ball.

Well I can see K State dropping a couple of more games I think they drained the tank on Auburn, I hope I'm wrong but I think they are a very average team and Auburn played to the competition. I wish them luck but for me they're just win #726

KState gave us their best shot and it wasn't good enough. End of story.

\

The respect you could have for a team that does as well as they did to hold a team like Auburn to the points they did is surely diminished in the post-game diatribe...even with all of the help it seemed they were getting from the refs. Maybe that is what is really bugging them. Good team, absolutely. But not good enough to win last night. The more we play teams outside the SEC...not necessarily "cupcake" but legends in their own area, the more we will really see if the SEC is dominant or if there is a lot outside our radius that we just don't know. Last night, sketchy as it was (and reminiscent of other SEC rival victories in the not-so-distant-past), it just wasn't good enough, even at home, even in a deafening 45,000 crowd. End of story. Well played, Sully!

:wareagle:

A message to KSU.... You did not win, so therefore you should not have won. I hate hearing "We should have won" I thought that I was the only one that missed the holding all night. I had to stay up until 3:15 am to watch the replay of the game.

I was bitten by a small Copperhead snake yesterday afternoon, and spent several hours in the ER getting anti-venom for the bite. It was a small snake, and did not get a lot of venom in my system. It hurt like the devil, but is much better today.

A message to KSU.... You did not win, so therefore you should not have won. I hate hearing "We should have won" I thought that I was the only one that missed the holding all night. I had to stay up until 3:15 am to watch the replay of the game.

I was bitten by a small Copperhead snake yesterday afternoon, and spent several hours in the ER getting anti-venom for the bite. It was a small snake, and did not get a lot of venom in my system. It hurt like the devil, but is much better today.

Sorry to hear about the bite...I also live in western NC and you have to watch out for those guys...we have 'em all over the place and they can be aggressive.

For all we know the soft stance on "holding" might be the reason all those teams score 40-50 points every game. Generally the rules favor an offense anyway and since the high scoring games are popular out west, perhaps they just look the other way on holding to give their "O" and even bigger advantage. Anyway....we survived it and it's time to look to the next game....and the game after that one.

Yes, a conference known for passing offenses propping up their passing using holding.

Scary time for you. What is the treatment for a copperhead bite? Any anti Venom used?

Man, that's a bad day, I'll have to remember that when I think I'm having a bad day. Hopefully you fully recover very soon. Any chance of muscle decreasing due to venom?

It wasn't luck or accidental that K St got no penalties. Frankly we can partially thank Jay Jacobs for that. He allowed a contract that allowed Big 12 refs to officiate that game, when usually it's the visiting team's conference refs to officiate a game.

K St got no penalties all game long, no penalty yards...not even one. Any time that happens you know something fishy is going on. And we all saw the holgding, teh block in the back and the bogus interference call that set up K St at the 2. All of K St's long punt returns were allowed by blatant blocks in teh back allowed by the officials. That's why I REALLY didn't want Auburn to have to punt late in teh game.

The ho

The holding calls only went their way as I remember.

Yes I agree it was Sour Grapes on the KState coach, but I have to say KState played a very good game.

I think they are going to be hard to beat.

Auburn was bigger faster and stronger and we struggled to put them away.

I was proud of the win and don't feel like Auburn has to apologize for the win.

It wasn't luck or accidental that K St got no penalties. Frankly we can partially thank Jay Jacobs for that. He allowed a contract that allowed Big 12 refs to officiate that game, when usually it's the visiting team's conference refs to officiate a game.

K St got no penalties all game long, no penalty yards...not even one. Any time that happens you know something fishy is going on. And we all saw the holgding, teh block in the back and the bogus interference call that set up K St at the 2. All of K St's long punt returns were allowed by blatant blocks in teh back allowed by the officials. That's why I REALLY didn't want Auburn to have to punt late in teh game.

As for the refs being big 12, that is the standard practice now. Had the game been in Auburn the officiating crew would have been all SEC. It used to be a split crew but that was worse than what we have now.

Yes I agree it was Sour Grapes on the KState coach, but I have to say KState played a very good game.

I think they are going to be hard to beat.

Auburn was bigger faster and stronger and we struggled to put them away.

I was proud of the win and don't feel like Auburn has to apologize for the win.

Amen!

As for the refs being big 12, that is the standard practice now. Had the game been in Auburn the officiating crew would have been all SEC. It used to be a split crew but that was worse than what we have now.

that's the first time I've ever seen a officiating crew not be of the same conference as the visiting team. I'm not the most attentive guy in the world either!!!

Archived