Jameis in the NFL

Johndunc

And he will not make it. Character matters. He is lacking, to be kind. ;-)

Somebody will give him a shot if he can keep his nose clean until April, though he had likely cost himself millions in draft position. Once he gets into the league, he will have a short leash.

Guest jojo1515

I fully expect him to be proven as a rapist in the title ix investigation. I then expect the fallout over the cover up will cost Fisher, the FSU AD and the Tallahassee police chief their jobs....and possibly some prison time when all is said and done. Assuming this happens before the draft, he'll either be in prison or sitting at home for the draft. If the investigation doesn't prove anything or delays past the draft, someone will risk it in an early to mid round. They can afford a million or two for the risk of the possible upside. Unfortunately, he will likely end up in real prison for either rape or murder before he is 25.

Unless all this recent talk by Roger goodel is just talk about cleaning up the NFL, they may start looking more at a draftee's history of legal and discipline problems and bring that into the pro draft rankings. They already test them athletically, mentally, and medically. And they do look at background checks, but I think they will get more weight.

I fully expect him to be proven as a rapist in the title ix investigation. I then expect the fallout over the cover up will cost Fisher, the FSU AD and the Tallahassee police chief their jobs....and possibly some prison time when all is said and done. Assuming this happens before the draft, he'll either be in prison or sitting at home for the draft. If the investigation doesn't prove anything or delays past the draft, someone will risk it in an early to mid round. They can afford a million or two for the risk of the possible upside. Unfortunately, he will likely end up in real prison for either rape or murder before he is 25.

The title IX investigation may prove he did it, but the school is really bring investigated for their lack of a title IX investigation about that charge. Florida could have a special procesutor check out the local police and their failures too, but unless they find hard evidence, they will let the police skate just like the police at PSU who failed to properly investigate. I do think FSU knows much more about JWs activi ties and cover ups

Unless all this recent talk by Roger goodel is just talk about cleaning up the NFL, they may start looking more at a draftee's history of legal and discipline problems and bring that into the pro draft rankings. They already test them athletically, mentally, and medically. And they do look at background checks, but I think they will get more weight.

I'll have a hard time believing anything Gooddell says from here on out.

NFL scouts are already reporting that they are writing him off unless he stops all this garbage. But for now they are almost all saying hell no to JW

His three year meal ticket will likely go unpunched as he's forced into a 4year college career.

he can't stay out of trouble for 2 move years in college. Saskatchewan has a CFL team he could play for next year. There's not much to do up there, which would be good for him..

Jameis has to declare for the NFL draft after this year. His 15 minutes are up in college. He may or may not go in the 1st round, depending on how much NFL teams are willing to deal with his baggage. However, to suggest he would go undrafted is ridiculous. Ultimately, NFL teams are businesses, not social organizations.

As for Jameis, I think his character flaws are so deep, while a champion in sports, he may end up a failure at life.

The Browns

Watched Draft Day last night, I don't think so <insert yellow font>. If he drops out of the top 5 with the rookie salary stuff it would be a good gamble

Jameis has to declare for the NFL draft after this year. His 15 minutes are up in college. He may or may not go in the 1st round, depending on how much NFL teams are willing to deal with his baggage. However, to suggest he would go undrafted is ridiculous. Ultimately, NFL teams are businesses, not social organizations.

As for Jameis, I think his character flaws are so deep, while a champion in sports, he may end up a failure at life.

Yep, he's still get draft-able. Just believe even such a slow-to-think kid would want 1st round money if at all possible.

Assuming he gets in no more trouble and that he's not in jail come draft time,he'll absolutely get drafted by some team that will take a chance on his talent and try to justify it some way. C'mon guys, you all know that's what happens. Sad but true.

I shudder to think what he might be capable of doing with the money he'd make being an NFL player.

Shudder? I will watch it with great schadenfreude. He's going to make Johnny Football look like a Boy Scout.

I shudder to think what he might be capable of doing with the money he'd make being an NFL player.

Shudder? I will watch it with great schadenfreude. He's going to make Johnny Football look like a Boy Scout.

Well yeah but it is scary what he might be capable of. I wonder if he believes he has any limit on his actions. Give someone like that a big wad of money to spend and there is no limit to the damage he could do. JF is bit of a spoiled brat but all he wants to do is party and have a good time hanging out with people and celebrities.

Well yeah but it is scary what he might be capable of. I wonder if he believes he has any limit on his actions. Give someone like that a big wad of money to spend and there is no limit to the damage he could do. JF is bit of a spoiled brat but all he wants to do is party and have a good time hanging out with people and celebrities.

What sort of "damage"? He would probably buy a bunch of children's toys and cars.

He's not some diabolical genius. He's a childish idiot.

The title IX investigation may prove he did it, but the school is really bring investigated for their lack of a title IX investigation about that charge. Florida could have a special procesutor check out the local police and their failures too, but unless they find hard evidence, they will let the police skate just like the police at PSU who failed to properly investigate. I do think FSU knows much more about JWs activi ties and cover ups

Winston can still be prosecuted. All that has happened is the district attorney declined to prosecute. If this title ix brings forth more damming evidence and public out rage, there will definitely be a criminal trial. A case can be brought before a prosecutor and grand jury infinitely. Right now there is no double jeopardy or anything like that attached.

Archived