Jameis Winston Saturday antics

Stripe

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ABC doesn't help things by having a camera on him for the entire game. On one hand they are bashing the guy and then they can't wait to show his face constantly.

Yes. He got more face time than anybody on the field. I'm surprised ABC didn't have him miked up. But then again, maybe they did but they couldn't air anything he said.

Anybody have a feeling that Jimbo might have broke the "bank" hint hint, getting this guy, and Winston lets him know about it every day?

This has been a thought of mine, if anything impermissible went on during his recruitment and time at FSU, the coaches have to be thinking "if he's capable of doing the things he's done so far, what's he capable of doing to us when he gets ticked off at us and it all starts to hit the fan?"....

Stuff like this makes you want to know the inside story of what's really going on inside that team and FSU. I doubt we will know in the near future, if ever.

Anybody have a feeling that Jimbo might have broke the "bank" hint hint, getting this guy, and Winston lets him know about it every day?

This has been a thought of mine, if anything impermissible went on during his recruitment and time at FSU, the coaches have to be thinking "if he's capable of doing the things he's done so far, what's he capable of doing to us when he gets ticked off at us and it all starts to hit the fan?"....

Could be. Well if that is true then they are both headed for a big fall. FSU will eventually fall down under the weight of all this. JW will go on thinking he's invincible until he gets to the NFL and tries this and gets released, never to be heard from again. I get the feeling he will end up wearing an orange jumpsuit one day.

I wonder if anyone can get through that thick skull. Sad and shameful for FSU.

I'm to the point that I almost think that as you go through Winston's skull, all you find is more skull.

This is really strange. The whole civilized world knows he is suspended, yet the equipment manager lays out his pads.

Winston, as dense as he appears to be, knows he is suspended. Does he not go and question a coach about whether he is dressing out or not? Since his stuff is there for him to put on.

There have been some issues in more recent college athletics that were and have been handled extremely poorly. This is quite likely the worst I've seen.

I've never really been a Jimbo fan. Any slight indifference I may have had, has been replaced with disgust.

The whole thing is trashy as hell and stinks to high heavens.

Completely embarrassing to that university.

An AD, VP or Pres, needs to take that tree, shake it and get the nuts out.

There have been some issues in more recent college athletics that were and have been handled extremely poorly. This is quite likely the worst I've seen.

I've never really been a Jimbo fan. Any slight indifference I may have had, has been replaced with disgust.

Well problem is that this goes all the way up. There is no way all this could go on without the knowledge and approval of the administration.

Well problem is that this goes all the way up. There is no way all this could go on without the knowledge and approval of the administration.

Possibly but seems it was the AD and Pres that upped the ante on the amount of penalty....so likely Jimbo and his staff were hoping to slide this by without asking / or getting approval from above.

Football fans and coaches may not care how this is perceived by the public at large but I expect the academic administration shudders every time they see something in the paper about JW. I'm pretty sure he does not portray the image they would like for FSU.

This is really strange. The whole civilized world knows he is suspended, yet the equipment manager lays out his pads.

Winston, as dense as he appears to be, knows he is suspended. Does he not go and question a coach about whether he is dressing out or not? Since his stuff is there for him to put on.

And this is kind of what I'm wondering. As dense as he is, if his pads are laid out in his locker, he may have easily come to the conclusion that "I'm suspended, but they still want me to dress out."

The fact that winston was originally suspended for a half, then friday night that suspension is extended to the entire game tells me the administration of the university forced this to happen. Fisher was only going to suspend him for a half. Notice the suspension extension for the whole game was a statement from the Interim President and the Athletic Director, NOT jimbo. This tells me that Jimbo fought this suspension extension to the limits. He did not want his meal ticket suspended for the entire game. The only way he could do something short of playing him is having him dress. Winston dresses out, then the camera shows Jimbo "getting an angry look on his face" and Winston is out of pads. Nobody questions Jimbo because he puts on the appearance that he was "angry" that Winston was dressed and then its assumed he didn't know (which we all know he did). Winston receives no back lash from dressing out and being allowed on the sidelines was Jimbo's way of defying the president and AD. He didn't play him but he enabled Winston in every other way possible. ESPN/ABC didn't help any either putting that douche on camera all game long. If I'm the President or AD, I'm extremely pissed at Jimbo and his defiance here to allow Winston on the sideline. Like someone else said earlier or in another thread, this was a text book example of Insubordination by jimbo and he should be suspended as a coach because of it.

I've never been a fan of Jimbo Fisher and still don't think much of him as a coach, but I think even less of him now as a human being the way he has handled this situation. Jimbo is just continuing the win at all (and any) cost mentality that Bobby Bowden started there.

Winston will never learn anything from this or anything else. He's a sociopath. He has no conscience. He's incapable of feeling remorse. He's extremely arrogant and everything is completely and totally about HIM and only HIM... He'll be in trouble again soon and won't learn anything from that either. He truly believes he's above the law. Depending on what fsu had to do to outbid uat for him, he very well may be above the law there. The cost was too high to cut him loose.

The fact that winston was originally suspended for a half, then friday night that suspension is extended to the entire game tells me the administration of the university forced this to happen. Fisher was only going to suspend him for a half. Notice the suspension extension for the whole game was a statement from the Interim President and the Athletic Director, NOT jimbo. This tells me that Jimbo fought this suspension extension to the limits. He did not want his meal ticket suspended for the entire game. The only way he could do something short of playing him is having him dress. Winston dresses out, then the camera shows Jimbo "getting an angry look on his face" and Winston is out of pads. Nobody questions Jimbo because he puts on the appearance that he was "angry" that Winston was dressed and then its assumed he didn't know (which we all know he did). Winston receives no back lash from dressing out and being allowed on the sidelines was Jimbo's way of defying the president and AD. He didn't play him but he enabled Winston in every other way possible. ESPN/ABC didn't help any either putting that douche on camera all game long. If I'm the President or AD, I'm extremely pissed at Jimbo and his defiance here to allow Winston on the sideline. Like someone else said earlier or in another thread, this was a text book example of Insubordination by jimbo and he should be suspended as a coach because of it.

I've never been a fan of Jimbo Fisher and still don't think much of him as a coach, but I think even less of him now as a human being the way he has handled this situation. Jimbo is just continuing the win at all (and any) cost mentality that Bobby Bowden started there.

Winston will never learn anything from this or anything else. He's a sociopath. He has no conscience. He's incapable of feeling remorse. He's extremely arrogant and everything is completely and totally about HIM and only HIM... He'll be in trouble again soon and won't learn anything from that either. He truly believes he's above the law. Depending on what fsu had to do to outbid uat for him, he very well may be above the law there. The cost was too high to cut him loose.

I watched some of the espn show after that game. There was zero comment about why Winston was allowed to stay on the sidelines. Even Lou holtz said nothing, but holtz didn't have a good record on player discipline at USCe either.

ESPN is enabling this mess at FSU. There should be hard questions to fisher about why Winston was on the sidelines at all.

Semantics:

The official statement out of FSU didn't actually say JW was "suspended" for the entire game, only that he "would not be allowed to play".

Based upon the results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday’s incident involving Jameis Winston, we have decided to not play him for the entire game against Clemson.
Perhaps in their minds, "not playing" is not the same thing as "suspended", hence no reason to keep him out of the stadium, out of warm ups, or off the sidelines. :puke::drippingsarcasm7pa:

Personally, after his donning of pads and warming up stunt, I'd have sent him to the practice field with a graduate assistant or non-game-essential staff member and let him "warm up" for the entire duration of the game by running laps! Would not have even given him the privilege of watching the game from the comforts of his apartment! (I certainly would have never allowed him in the locker room, in the stadium, or on the sidelines, pads or not.)

The gold neck chain that dufus at Felony State wears looks like it is worth over $5000, if it is real.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2YxmrX0RXPk

People in hueytown alabama must be very well off.

Heck, uat would laugh at that amount of chump change. Dodge Chargers are pricey!!!

Semantics:

The official statement out of FSU didn't actually say JW was "suspended" for the entire game, only that he "would not be allowed to play".

Based upon the results of our continuing investigation of Tuesday’s incident involving Jameis Winston, we have decided to not play him for the entire game against Clemson.
Perhaps in their minds, "not playing" is not the same thing as "suspended", hence no reason to keep him out of the stadium, out of warm ups, or off the sidelines. :puke::drippingsarcasm7pa:

Personally, after his donning of pads and warming up stunt, I'd have sent him to the practice field with a graduate assistant or non-game-essential staff member and let him "warm up" for the entire duration of the game by running laps! Would not have even given him the privilege of watching the game from the comforts of his apartment! (I certainly would have never allowed him in the locker room, in the stadium, or on the sidelines, pads or not.)

So true...but the obvious message from Jimbo to JW was.:

..."hey man, this ain't no big big deal...you know if it was up to me I would have had you in the game after the first series of downs....but we had to do what those tight a**es in the ivory tower wanted"....."just take it easy and by next week everyone will have forgotten all this"

The best comments regarding this entire JW matter were from Christian Ponder 'a wife on Game Day. She nailed it.

I know our Coach Craig has an ongoing relationship with this guy and has been very complimentary on the kind of person he is. I don't know him but I can't believe that anyone cannot see that this guy has some very serious character issues and the coddling is making it worse.

The best comments regarding this entire JW matter were from Christian Ponder 'a wife on Game Day. She nailed it.

I know our Coach Craig has an ongoing relationship with this guy and has been very complimentary on the kind of person he is. I don't know him but I can't believe that anyone cannot see that this guy has some very serious character issues and the coddling is making it worse.

What did Ponder's wife say?

How do you know D. Craig is still in contact with Winston since his recruitment to FSU?

Archived