beheadings brought to you by the religion of peace

cooltigger21

Wish the article had led with these two statements, then I wouldn't have had to waste my time reading it:

Be a “racist.” ...unless you have completely reliable intimate knowledge that any given Muslim does not pose some level of a threat (there are, of course, many harmless Muslims), profile Muslims..

So what if we sense Ahmed is about to pounce while we happen to be un-strapped, or otherwise somewhat off-guard? Go cafeteria crazy on the goathumper; grab whatever’s handy and bludgeon away with extreme viciousness..

I will NOT be racist, subscribe to stereotypes, base my treatment of individuals on stereotypes, or assume some particular individual is a threat because of stereotypes.

I will NOT endorse or resort to violence on a mere "sense" or gut reaction.

I consider both ideas un-Christian and un-American. JMO, but a risk I gladly accept rather than forsake my Christian principles or abandon the egalitarianism principle ("All men are created equal") I read in the Declaration of Independence and consider the foundation of our democracy.

(I also chose not to use defamatory name-calling , e.g., "goathumper", to stereotype individuals or groups.)

:thumbsup:

Now wait a dang minute...

Dont like Stereotypes???? If there is one thing i would openly accuse most liberals of it would be stereotyping.

All Christians are just like Westboro Baptist.

Christians are all anti-women.

Christians are all fundamentalists.

Southerners are all stupid, lazy, drunk, mouth breathing, sibling humpers.

Etc, etc, etc.

Liberals do more stereotyping than the average Updyke fan of the Auburn fan base.

MSNBC is replete with stereotypes on every broadcast.

Maddow, Hayes, Olbermann, Schultz, etc.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wish the article had led with these two statements, then I wouldn't have had to waste my time reading it:

Be a “racist.” ...unless you have completely reliable intimate knowledge that any given Muslim does not pose some level of a threat (there are, of course, many harmless Muslims), profile Muslims..

So what if we sense Ahmed is about to pounce while we happen to be un-strapped, or otherwise somewhat off-guard? Go cafeteria crazy on the goathumper; grab whatever’s handy and bludgeon away with extreme viciousness..

I will NOT be racist, subscribe to stereotypes, base my treatment of individuals on stereotypes, or assume some particular individual is a threat because of stereotypes.

I consider both ideas un-Christian and un-American. JMO, but a risk I gladly accept rather than forsake my Christian principles or abandon the egalitarianism principle ("All men are created equal") I read in the Declaration of Independence and consider the foundation of our democracy.

(I also chose not to use defamatory name-calling , e.g., "goathumper", to stereotype individuals or groups.)

Dont like Stereotypes???? If there is one thing i would openly accuse most liberals of it would be stereotyping.

Etc, etc, etc.

Liberals do more stereotyping than the average Updyke fan of the Auburn fan base.

None of those people speak for all liberals.

Etc, etc, etc.

How is that relevant? ichy stereotypes EVERYONE who disagrees with him as too stupid to understand "more enlightened" critical thought

How is that relevant? ichy stereotypes EVERYONE who disagrees with him as too stupid to understand "more enlightened" critical thought

DKW was speaking about liberals in general, not ICHY.

I was speaking about ichy specifically who had argued his bias in this thread?

I was speaking about ichy specifically who had argued his bias in this thread?

Is that a question or a statement?

:thumbsup:/>

Etc, etc, etc.

This gets my vote for "Post of the Day" !!!

All this is sounding like a never ending Vietnam. Win a battle then give it back. Go back later and win it back again just to give it back. Vietnam destroyed the morale of the US military. If Obama wants to destroy it again, this will do it.

Is there any doubt that he is anti- military? The vast majority of libs highly dislike the military. Sad but true...

I'm confused. Do you guys want the U.S. to attack ISIS or not?

Etc, etc, etc.

Apparently you didn't realize that such stereotypes were thrown up as sardonic examples to illustrate what it is that you guys are doing with the Islam bigotry? In other words, they weren't meant as sincere characterizations.

Do you understand?

Be a "racist." ...unless you have completely reliable intimate knowledge that any given Muslim does not pose some level of a threat (there are, of course, many harmless Muslims), profile Muslims..

So what if we sense Ahmed is about to pounce while we happen to be un-strapped, or otherwise somewhat off-guard? Go cafeteria crazy on the goathumper; grab whatever's handy and bludgeon away with extreme viciousness..

:thumbsup:/>

Etc, etc, etc.

This gets my vote for "Post of the Day" !!!

And understandably so.

I thought he was talking about the people on this forum.

Want to clear that up for us DKW?

Etc, etc, etc.

No, it's not stereotyping or everyone, it's really just you and a few others who genuinely are "too stupid to understand "more enlightened" critical thought". What is sad is, that you really aren't stupid. You are just incredibly close minded.

Etc, etc, etc.

On the subject of stereotyping:

All I said was I--as in me personally--refuse to stereotype, judge people based on stereotypes, or encourage others to stereotype.

I happen to be a liberal, but I don't believe all Christians are like Westboro Baptist, Christians are anti-woman, Christians are all fundamentalists, Southerners are all stupid/lazy/drunk/etc...or that conservatives or liberals in general are necessarily bigots, idiots, traitors, geniuses, heroes, or angels. I've never heard any of my liberal friends express any of those sentiments either. I don't consider MSNBC or FOX News to be unbiased--both exist to feed the biases of their viewers and thereby sell their product. I agree that there are some persons on every side of the political spectrum that succumb to stereotyping, but I do not think either conservatives or liberals have the statistics to prove that the other side is more guilty of it. To me, just implying that one side or the other is more guilty is a stereotype in itself. And obviously, one's political leanings will influence what one considers "stereotyping" vs. "objectivity observation & judgement".

It's only human natural, of course, that people tend to think their own biases are just "good judgment" while their opponent's biases are "prejudice" and "stereotyping". Hence another stereotype: "The other side stereotypes more than my side."

On the subject of the original article

(And therefore not directed at you, DKW. I realize your comments were regarding stereotyping in politics, not a discussion of the initial article.):

I'm honestly aghast that anyone claiming to be Christian or American could make or endorse suggestions like "Be racist"..."profile"... or that if you merely suspect or "sense" (or believe? or are telepathic/clairvoyant enough to read minds? Hear the voice of God warning you?, Son-of-Sam's neighbor's dog tells you? You're just smarter than everyone else?--yeah, I know...my hyperbole) that a stranger is dangerous, that justifies initiating violence and going "cafeteria crazy... and bludgeon[ing] away with extreme viciousness". Really, based on mere suspicion, not overt actions?

In my opinion, suggestions like "Be racist"..."profile"..."initiate violence--bludgeon away [based on nothing but personal instinct/suspicion]" actually sound more like what I would expect from ISIS, rather than from true Christians or good Americans (good Americans who may be either conservative or liberal). I thought Christian and American principles were enshrined in ideas like "All men are created equal", "Innocent until proven guilty", "Love thy neighbor as thyself", "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", and "Judge not, that ye be not judged".

At least those were the principles I learned in American history courses, civics classes, and Sunday School. Maybe I was just a terrible student and learned the wrong things.

Etc, etc, etc.

I believe what Quiet is saying, and what Ichy is agreeing with is that they will not let themselves as individuals base their views of others on the principles that the article states one should. The article itself demands and encourages stereotyping as a means of defense and attack.

For example... report everything and be racist. Therefore when I walk into my classroom in Haley tomorrow, if I follow the protocol set up by this article, when I see the Muslim student with a backpack I should immediately call the authorities of a potential bomb threat on campus.

I believe what Quiet is saying, and what Ichy is agreeing with is that they will not let themselves as individuals base their views of others on the principles that the article states one should. The article itself demands and encourages stereotyping as a means of defense and attack.

For example... report everything and be racist. Therefore when I walk into my classroom in Haley tomorrow, if I follow the protocol set up by this article, when I see the Muslim student with a backpack I should immediately call the authorities of a potential bomb threat on campus.

...or worse yet, "bludgeon away with extreme viciousness" because I "sense" that he looks guilty, seems unusually nervous, or just gave me a suspicious glance.

I am simply calling it as i see it. For Most (i wouldnt use ALL, although just about all Liberals would) Liberals it is most certainly about personal attacks.

In the Liberal Mind:

All Southerners are racists. If you were born or live South of the Mason-Dixon you are unquestionably racist.

All Christians are charlatans of faith.

All Christians want women subjugated to a second class life.

All Blacks cannot be successful unless helped by the Limousine Liberal Crowd.

All school teachers and Union Members are saints, no matter how bad they perform or act.

All Republicans are anti-woman, anti-education, anti-pollution control,

All Tea Partiers are racist and hate filled.

Bush43 is always wrong even when he agrees with their ideas.

Scott Walker is always wrong even when he agrees with their ideas.

Droning is wrong only when Bush did it. When Obama does it, it is perfectly acceptable and a brilliant policy.

Only Police should have guns.

Police are all corrupt, evil, racist, etc.

ANYONE that dares to merely question or point out the fallacies in Liberal Orthodoxy is just an idiot.

IE: Global Warming, War on Women, etc.

I could go on ad nauseum.

The Right is almost as bad.

Almost all blacks are lazy, uneducated, etc.

All Latino Immigrants are bad news.

Everything and i mean everything PBO does is evil.

Righties talk about balancing the budget, yet demand more tax cuts.

All Media is against the Right except Fox News.

Gays are all child molesters, uncaring, and incapable of being decent people.

All Liberals are atheists, Godless, and immoral.

Obama is from Kenya, Nigeria, Swaziland, wherever, but not from here...

Truth is that no one except the extreme fringe in both groups are the way that the Majorities on either side view the other.

Truth is we need to stop being kneejerk party hacks and start actively looking to solve problems.

ACA is broken, lets fix it.

Education is broken, lets fix it.

The borders arent secure, Lets do a deal to give amnesty AND seal the freakin border. They can both be done.

Lets get out of the ME and let the bastards over there fight until there isnt a person left.

Today, both sides live by the Stereotype. I fully believe that the left does this more than the right but if you watched Fox News and MSNBC you would see that both are brazen about it. Not everything Bush43 nor PBO did has been bad. But this is the kind of thinking that elected two wholly unqualified Presidents in the first place.

I am simply calling it as i see it. For Most (i wouldnt use ALL, although just about all Liberals would) Liberals it is most certainly about personal attacks.

In the Liberal Mind:

• All Southerners are racists. If you were born or live South of the Mason-Dixon you are unquestionably racist.
  • All Christians are charlatans of faith.
  • All Christians want women subjugated to a second class life.
  • All Blacks cannot be successful unless helped by the Limousine Liberal Crowd.
  • All school teachers and Union Members are saints, no matter how bad they perform or act.
  • All Republicans are anti-woman, anti-education, anti-pollution control,
  • All Tea Partiers are racist and hate filled.
  • Bush43 is always wrong even when he agrees with their ideas.
  • Scott Walker is always wrong even when he agrees with their ideas.
  • Droning is wrong only when Bush did it. When Obama does it, it is perfectly acceptable and a brilliant policy.
  • Only Police should have guns.
  • Police are all corrupt, evil, racist, etc.

That's crazy talk. I can only hope that you don't seriously believe such absurdity.

In the Liberal Mind:

• All Southerners are racists. If you were born or live South of the Mason-Dixon you are unquestionably racist.
  • All school teachers and Union Members are saints, no matter how bad they perform or act.
  • Droning is wrong only when Bush did it. When Obama does it, it is perfectly acceptable and a brilliant policy.

That's crazy talk. I can only hope that you don't seriously believe such absurdity.

homer, "For Most (i wouldnt use ALL, although just about all Liberals would) Liberals it is most certainly about personal attacks.

Bush is a "MonkeyBoy."

Palin is "Caribou Barbie"

Cheney is satan.

The Koch Brothers are 100% Evil and want all women subjugated.

Yes , MOST Liberals are that way. Reid cant give a speech from the well of the Senate without talking about it.

Pelosi, DWS, Sharpton, etc. etc, etc.

On the national stage, if you go there to discuss anything that does not toe the Liberal lIne, well you are a moron because "_______ is Settled."

That is why Maher is so refreshing. he is waking up.

In the Liberal Mind:

homer, "For Most (i wouldnt use ALL, although just about all Liberals would) Liberals it is most certainly about personal attacks.

Sorry, but the rest of your syntax negates that one little magical weasel word, "most": "In the Liberal Mind"...."just about all Liberals"...

Not to mention the extreme absurdity of the beliefs as you characterize them. Is there a single liberal on this forum who believes such things?

Take responsibility for your posts.

I take 100% responsibility for them.

Or is that another "___________ is Settled" comment?

Or are we about to have another Skeptical Science argument where anyone that questions what you believe, well they are nutz?

The FACT is that no Christian in the world is running around beheading anyone, yet we got 5 pages of BS Moral Equivalence.

In the Liberal Mind:

Why? Libs DO!!!

I take 100% responsibility for them.

Or is that another "___________ is Settled" comment?

Or are we about to have another Skeptical Science argument where anyone that questions what you believe, well they are nutz?

The FACT is that no Christian in the world is running around beheading anyone, yet we got 5 pages of BS Moral Equivalence.

Are we changing the discussion to AGW? If so, pointing out ignorance of the scientific consensus is hardly the same as calling people "nutz". I think you are awfully sensitive.

Otherwise, your post speaks for itself. It doesn't require me to point out how crazy it is.

Archived