I keep thinking about changing our personnel

SKIPPER_01

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we need to substitute some of our fan base?

Just saying?

Sheesh we had a bad day with several stellar plays to win in spite of poor execution.

We all get frustrated. I for one like our chances! Not saying anything guaranteed.

I'd like to change some personnel in this forum.

+1

Some people's children... :rolleyes:

Whatever, some peoples parents. :poke:

:laugh: Those parents were/are also "some people's children... :rolleyes:"

I hear we're working on a new formation.

Nick at QB; Uzomah & Ricardo in the backfield next to Nick; Stanton, Marcus Davis, Quan split out wide.

As you know, these were all former QBs so naturally the play will be a quintuple pass all behind the LOS of course so the entire OL can release downfield to elicit complaints of "cheating." It WILL work 100% of the time.

The KState gameplan on how to stop our rushing attack is going to be everyone's gameplan moving forward. I think we should move Nick Marshall to Cornerback and play Jeremy Johnson at QB.

Here's why.

1. Nick Marshall is probably our best db. Our secondary is already thin and weak and losing Whithead didnt help. There is already talk that Nick will play db in the nfl. We need someone to cover the top WRs in our league.

2. Robinson, Prosch, Mason graduated. We are a different team this year.

3. Our receivers can't get in sync with Marshall at qb. The drops are killing us. The passing game would be more efficient with Johnson. Also, too many batted down balls at the los. Johnson is the prototypical qb, and we've already burnt his redshirt so I say play him. Duke and Sammie need Johnson back there.

There are probably some other reasons. If Gus is known for working with the players he has, I think this switch would put our best 22 on the field.

Flame away.

So... Mark Richt or Jeremy Johnson?

I feel bad for Nick Marshall. He finished 17-31 for 231 yard with 2 TDs and 1 pick, but very few if any of his passes were 'wildly inaccurate'. You could argue that without the batted down passes at the line and a few catches made deep (things Nick Marshall can't control), His stats could have very realistically ended up being around 21-31 for 4 TDs and 400 yards passing no picks. And then everyone would be on the Nick Marshall bandwagon, including ESPN

The batted down passes - you want to go there? with things he couldn't control ?

You do know what they say about repeating the same things over and over again and expecting different results?

Of all that happened that night.... to continue those flat passes over the middle of the line... was perhaps the crowning jewel of under estimating your opponent night.

( :poke: flame on)

I disagree with the OP, but this may be the most over the top response to an idea I've seen on this forum. Brutal.

Well, it's just so cliched. It's like he purposely set out to be the embodiment of the hackneyed saying that "the most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB."

I disagree with the OP, but this may be the most over the top response to an idea I've seen on this forum. Brutal.

Well, it's just so cliched. It's like he purposely set out to be the embodiment of the hackneyed saying that "the most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB."

can we locked this thread of lunacy now? :lol:

Not really. He also said the best DB was Marshall, which may be true, and is an area of weakness. Again, I understand a swift dismissal of the idea, but the pile on for a single post was a bit much. I've seen far worse posts that were coupled with know-it-all arrogance and then obnoxiously defended. If he had engaged in a less than rational back and forth, I would get it. But this seemed to have a group-think bullying mentality to it.

Not really. He also said the best DB was Marshall, which may be true, and is an area of weakness.

That part was just unsubstantiated. He hasn't played DB in over 2 years now. There's no indication that he could just pick it right back up and be our best DB. Not to mention that leaves us in a precarious spot if JJ went down. You've yanked Marshall out of the mix at QB and have a true freshman as the backup. Having to then pull him back over to offense and get him back in sync and the hole that would leave in the secondary (assuming he was as good as you thought over there)...it's just an idea rife with logical problems.

Again, I understand a swift dismissal of the idea, but the pile on for a single post was a bit much. I've seen far worse posts that were coupled with know-it-all arrogance and then obnoxiously defended. If he had engaged in a less than rational back and forth, I would get it. But this seemed to have a group-think bullying mentality to it.

Meh. Goofy, utterly predictable ideas get pummeled. And minus 1 point for including the word "bullying" in this.

Not really. He also said the best DB was Marshall, which may be true, and is an area of weakness.

That part was just unsubstantiated. He hasn't played DB in over 2 years now. There's no indication that he could just pick it right back up and be our best DB. Not to mention that leaves us in a precarious spot if JJ went down. You've yanked Marshall out of the mix at QB and have a true freshman as the backup. Having to then pull him back over to offense and get him back in sync and then hole that would leave in the secondary (assuming he was as good as you thought over there)...it's just an idea rife with holes.

I wasn't defending the move or agreeing with the suggestion. With this comment I was just pointing out it was not, as you said, just "the embodiment of the hackneyed saying that "the most popular guy on the team is always the backup QB.""

Again, I understand a swift dismissal of the idea, but the pile on for a single post was a bit much. I've seen far worse posts that were coupled with know-it-all arrogance and then obnoxiously defended. If he had engaged in a less than rational back and forth, I would get it. But this seemed to have a group-think bullying mentality to it.

Meh. Goofy, utterly predictable ideas get pummeled. And minus 1 point for including the word "bullying" in this.

Dismiss the idea, even with a little dig if you want. But this guy is hardly known for complaining, whining or irrational ideas. He's a member of the board who likely reads a lot and posts infrequently. He received a PC Chump-like response from several people which was way over the top. And I first hesitated on using the word "bullying," knowing the response it would get, but I put it back in because it fit-- deal with it.

Archived