Whitehead ...

RunInRed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holsey played lights out, but I would like to see Jermaine back with the team. One of those guys I always thought highly of on our team. Hope he gets right and really does learn a lesson.

Holsey played lights out, but I would like to see Jermaine back with the team. One of those guys I always thought highly of on our team. Hope he gets right and really does learn a lesson.

Agreed. I realize now my post might've suggested something else. Big fan of Jermaine and am pulling for him to get past this and help us win some football games.

Agreed. I realize now my post might've suggested something else. Big fan of Jermaine and am pulling for him to get past this and help us win some football games.

yes but that pow for Holsey sure can help reinforce being humble and learning lessons

I liked how jw had been playing and look forward to him being back

I have been pretty critical. Mostly because of the way he went public with it. IF he is genuine I really want to see him back. I have said otherwise, but I believe his situation along with the close call at KSU, could be just what the Doctor ordered to put this team on the right track.

Holsey looked great, but our secondary is better with Whitehead in the mix. Mincy can't play every snap.

Having whitehead helps, but it does not make it better, holsey is just as good or better at safety. He's faster and more physical and tackles better. Hopefully whitehead learned his lesson because we do need more depth on d

Having Whitehead allows us to rest Mincy and allows us to deploy Holsey at multiple spots. Even if you think Whitehead is our third best Safety, he's easily in our top five DBs (with Ford, Holsey, Mincy, and Reed in whatever order you like). Having Whitehead makes us better.

Questions for those that have played or have been in close contact college football. I am a gray headed and did not play college football. It just seems strange to me that a player is indefinitely suspended for getting into a heated argument/discussion regarding something related to football or their position ???? The only way it make sense to me, if this was not the first time, and he had been warned in the past or if something else happen that is not being reported. My question is do heated arguments with coaches normally = suspension for the team? Is this normal punishment for argument with your coach? My interaction with college age individuals, they are accustom to giving their opinion and will defend it to the end. Some of my opinion of young adults come from reading post on this site :-\ .

Questions for those that have played or have been in close contact college football. I am a gray headed and did not play college football. It just seems strange to me that a player is indefinitely suspended for getting into a heated argument/discussion regarding something related to football or their position ????

According to Barry McKnight on SportsRadio740, the word seems to be that it was more than just an argument. That's why the suspension.

Questions for those that have played or have been in close contact college football. I am a gray headed and did not play college football. It just seems strange to me that a player is indefinitely suspended for getting into a heated argument/discussion regarding something related to football or their position ????

According to Barry McKnight on SportsRadio740, the word seems to be that it was more than just an argument. That's why the suspension.

Thanks, that make sense to me, but have not read or heard anywhere else.

Holsey looked great, but our secondary is better with Whitehead in the mix. Mincy can't play every snap.

Having whitehead helps, but it does not make it better, holsey is just as good or better at safety. He's faster and more physical and tackles better. Hopefully whitehead learned his lesson because we do need more depth on d

No knock onJH, he played great at KState. However, if he played consistently like you mentioned, I'd think he'd be starting over JW. jmo

Out for the La Tech game too.

Jared, are you making a statement - if so, what is your sourc? Sounds like from the original post that JW expects to be back with the team. (my thoughts, he may be back although he may not start).

Jared, are you making a statement - if so, what is your sourc? Sounds like from the original post that JW expects to be back with the team. (my thoughts, he may be back although he may not start).

Bryan Matthews@BMattAU 23m

Gus Malzahn: Nothing has changed with Jermaine Whitehead, will not be allowed on sidelines Saturday.

About 10 different AU beat writers on Twitter at Malzahn's press conference.

http://www.al.com/au...ety_jermai.html

Suspended Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead will be not be on sideline Saturday

Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on September 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead will miss his second game and will not be allowed on the sideline Saturday, coach Gus Malzahn confirmed Tuesday.

The starting free safety did not travel with Auburn to Kansas State last week after the senior got into a verbal altercation with an assistant coach and was indefinitely suspended, according to AuburnUndercover.com.

Auburn moved cornerback Josh Holsey, who played safety in 2013, to boundary safety and recorded a team-high 11 tackles against the Wildcats.

Auburn faces Louisiana Tech Saturday inside Jordan-Hare Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. on the SEC Network.

Whitehead entered last week leading the Tigers' defense with 122 snaps. He also has two interceptions, including a 33-yard return for a touchdown in the Tigers' 45-21 victory against Arkansas in the season opener.

About 10 different AU beat writers on Twitter at Malzahn's press conference.

Thanks, read the quote Monday from Malzahn that nothing had changed but did not know if it had changed on Tuesday.

http://www.al.com/au...ety_jermai.html

Suspended Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead will be not be on sideline Saturday

Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com By Brandon Marcello | bmarcello@al.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on September 23, 2014 at 11:59 AM

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn safety Jermaine Whitehead will miss his second game and will not be allowed on the sideline Saturday, coach Gus Malzahn confirmed Tuesday.

The starting free safety did not travel with Auburn to Kansas State last week after the senior got into a verbal altercation with an assistant coach and was indefinitely suspended, according to AuburnUndercover.com.

Auburn moved cornerback Josh Holsey, who played safety in 2013, to boundary safety and recorded a team-high 11 tackles against the Wildcats.

Auburn faces Louisiana Tech Saturday inside Jordan-Hare Stadium. Kickoff is scheduled for 3 p.m. on the SEC Network.

Whitehead entered last week leading the Tigers' defense with 122 snaps. He also has two interceptions, including a 33-yard return for a touchdown in the Tigers' 45-21 victory against Arkansas in the season opener.

Jad not seen the Tuesday notes - thanks again.

Archived