Whitehead ...

RunInRed

Just bringing some insight b/c certainly looks like there is a lack on knowledge in knowing the process and trying to understand why JW made the decision he did as i've been through it.

Happy that you and KallMeTank are bringing that insight.

I'll never understand the need to judge players for their personal decisions when there is no other person or entity victimized by those decisions.

No problem..just all good discussion. Sorry to hijack the topic at hand. Just thought it would be important to bring some insight b/c i know generalizations can take over. Back to the topic at hand. Hope JW is able to play against LSU.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bringing some insight b/c certainly looks like there is a lack on knowledge in knowing the process and trying to understand why JW made the decision he did as i've been through it.

Happy that you and KallMeTank are bringing that insight.

I'll never understand the need to judge players for their personal decisions when there is no other person or entity victimized by those decisions.

No problem..just all good discussion. Sorry to hijack the topic at hand. Just thought it would be important to bring some insight b/c i know generalizations can take over. Back to the topic at hand. Hope JW is able to play against LSU.

:thumbsup:

Not sure why so many folks have trouble understanding a verbal confrontation can be a big deal.

Maybe because reports from what are generally very conservative, don't spread rumours, careful about what they say folks like (Auburn resident and Troy University broadcaster) Barry McKinight say on the air that they have reliable info that there were more than words involved?

I heard this as well yesterday. Him and Rodney Garner. Rumor is all it is, no confirmation. But it would make sense with 2 game suspension and counting.

If Whitehead took on Garner, then he needs to be on the field. That's a baaaaad man... :)

I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which the DL coach and a safety would get into an altercation. Does that strike anyone else as odd?

My point had very little to do with judging football players. More to do with joining student organizations (even ones that have a life-long aspect to them) at the end of your college career.

I've said a number of times, I hope Whitehead is back soon. Short of swinging at a coach, I thought the indefinite suspension of a Senior with no history of off-field issues was too harsh.

If Whitehead took on Garner, then he needs to be on the field. That's a baaaaad man... :)

I'm trying to imagine a scenario in which the DL coach and a safety would get into an altercation. Does that strike anyone else as odd?

Nope

Nope

LOL. I guess I asked for that. But under what circumstances would CRG and Whitehead get into ann altercation?

Nope

LOL. I guess I asked for that. But under what circumstances would CRG and Whitehead get into ann altercation?

Hard to speculate but it could happen I was a DB and thr Dline coach yelled at me all the time. I was a dirty player

If any coach thought a guy was dogging it, he'd call him out, right? I could see that happening. If Garner thought he was unfocused, called him out in front of the guys, and Jermaine reacted poorly and/or got into a fight with him.

But that's pure speculation.

Guys, again, rumor. Literally, my dad told me yesterday that is what he heard. I responded to a post someone else made that alluded to the same thing. If its true, it is very serious. Not so sure it should be season ending. I guess will find out, or maybe not. I also heard someone laid out Terry Bowden and was kicked off the team back in the day. Never bothered to get any clarification on that one. For the record, I am against violence against coaches.

Guys, again, rumor. Literally, my dad told me yesterday that is what he heard. I responded to a post someone else made that alluded to the same thing. If its true, it is very serious. Not so sure it should be season ending. I guess will find out, or maybe not. I also heard someone laid out Terry Bowden and was kicked off the team back in the day. Never bothered to get any clarification on that one. For the record, I am against violence against coaches.

But are you against violence against Terry Bowden?

Nope

Hard to speculate but it could happen I was a DB and thr Dline coach yelled at me all the time. I was a dirty player

:laugh:

Holsey looked great, but our secondary is better with Whitehead in the mix. Mincy can't play every snap.

Having whitehead helps, but it does not make it better, holsey is just as good or better at safety. He's faster and more physical and tackles better. Hopefully whitehead learned his lesson because we do need more depth on d

If somebody said this when Marshall was suspended but made it Nick Marshall was suspended and Jeremy Johnson was just as good you'd go crazy and talk about it for at least a month

If whitehead was as good as Marshall u would probably be right, but he's not! So wrong again Sherlock

This thread has long run its course. We do NOT allow rumors here people. Unless you can provide a CREDIBLE link DO NOT post it here. Why is that so hard for people to understand??

Archived