Obama's Coffee Cup Salute

cptau

You whiffed.

I don't support Obama and it has nothing to do with tying anything to Bush. It was to point out the hypocrisy and selective outrage of many here. Having a frickin' conniption over Obama doing it while no one here said jacks**t about it when Bush mangled the salute to.

Be consistent.

I did not realize this was about you? I thought it was a general statement you made?

Anyway, like I said, it was a guess. I certainly can't read their respective minds.

And might I say, I am just devastated I missed the conniption. :dunno:

Get real. Titan is exactly right. This is about jumping on something insignificant when the guy you hate does it, but ignoring it when the guy you like does it.

It's hypocrisy whether you recognize it or not.

As for the "conniption", just go back and read the posts making such a big deal about the "latte salute", including yours.

Start with the one just before this: "It goes with the overall disdain the left has for the military". :-\

Your whole summation is just blatantly false. Your guy got caught (you are not alone) and now you are tirelessly and typically trying to turn the table. That is all this is about. I would not have even posted had it not been for the panty wads upset their guy got caught and pulling their typical diversionary tactics. Like I stated earlier, admit it and move on. You cannot win. :-\ Is it really that important to you?

Be my guest and precisely provide the post # of the conniption. And by the way, a conniption is a bit more than saying "it goes with the overall disdain the left has for the military." That was a really weak attempt BTW.

Both guys got caught. Problem is, one side wants to make it an issue of life and death for Obama but curiously ignore it with "their guy" did it. It's called hypocrisy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You whiffed.

I don't support Obama and it has nothing to do with tying anything to Bush. It was to point out the hypocrisy and selective outrage of many here. Having a frickin' conniption over Obama doing it while no one here said jacks**t about it when Bush mangled the salute to.

Be consistent.

I did not realize this was about you? I thought it was a general statement you made?

Anyway, like I said, it was a guess. I certainly can't read their respective minds.

Get real. Titan is exactly right. This is about jumping on something insignificant when the guy you hate does it, but ignoring it when the guy you like does it.

As for the "conniption", just go back and read the posts making such a big deal about the "latte salute", including yours.

Start with the one just before this: "It goes with the overall disdain the left has for the military". :-\

Your whole summation is just blatantly false. Your guy got caught (you are not alone) and now you are tirelessly and typically trying to turn the table. That is all this is about. I would not have even posted had it not been for the panty wads upset their guy got caught and pulling their typical diversionary tactics. Like I stated earlier, admit it and move on. You cannot win. :-\ Is it really that important to you?

Be my guest and precisely provide the post # of the conniption. And by the way, a conniption is a bit more than saying "it goes with the overall disdain the left has for the military." That was a really weak attempt BTW.

I believe you are mistaken. I do not think the left has a disdain for the military at all (that I believe is propaganda). I do think the political left is generally less enthusiastic about war though.

You whiffed.

Be consistent.

OK, You got me. I can't withstand the relentless logic of your paradigm. I give up. I "admit it". (Not sure what, but if it makes you happy..... :-\ )

And really, "diversionary tactics"? What's "diversionary"? And this very post is a conniption. It's a rant.

What an overly analytical little drama queen you are. ;D

Neither really got caught, but one of them and his staff had no excuse.

Bush was carrying his Scottie dog who squirmed and Bush had to try and keep the dog from falling in the middle of rendering a salute in front of press photographers.

Obama was arriving at a private location in New York with only the White House official photographers present to record the event. Obama left the aircraft and messed up because he just wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. The White House could have discarded or edited the video too, but they are either unaware or just don't care.

Neither really got caught, but one of them and his staff had no excuse.

Bush was carrying his Scottie dog who squirmed and Bush had to try and keep the dog from falling in the middle of rendering a salute in front of press photographers.

Obama was arriving at a private location in New York with only the White House official photographers present to record the event. Obama left the aircraft and messed up because he just wasn't paying attention to what he was doing. The White House could have discarded or edited the video too, but they are either unaware or just don't care.

That's the part I don't get. Who thought it was a good idea to post that? It was someone in the administration that put that up there.

You whiffed.

Be consistent.

Both guys got caught. Problem is, one side wants to make it an issue of life and death for Obama but curiously ignore it with "their guy" did it. It's called hypocrisy.

The fact Bush is even mentioned is hypocrisy in and of itself. The Op was not about Bush. If one would do a little investigation they might just find these are totally separate issues that don't deserve comparison.

And excuse me for not noticing, but who exactly is making life or death out of the issue? And might I ask why this is an issue at all?

I defer to the panty wads. :-\

You whiffed.

Be consistent.

I believe you are mistaken. I do not think the left has a disdain for the military at all (that I believe is propaganda). I do think the political left is generally less enthusiastic about war though.

I agree.

I think you saw my "cut and paste" as my personal view when it was simply disproving a conniption.

You whiffed.

Be consistent.

OK, You got me. I can't withstand the relentless logic of your paradigm. I give up. I "admit it". (Not sure what, but if it makes you happy..... :-\ )

And really, "diversionary tactics"? What's "diversionary"? And this very post is a conniption. It's a rant.

What an overly analytical little drama queen you are. ;D

Dude. Hit the bong a few more times. Wow! Just wow!

The left views America as the problem in the world and by extension our military the face of that. The always want to reduce the military and make it harder for them to fight for America. To them America is not worth fighting for. If America would disarm and quit bullying everybody we could all live in peace and harmony around the world. The idea of America as a beacon of hope or as Ronald Reagan put it when he referred to it as a shining city on a hill is anathema to them. We are citizens of the world. American exceptionalism is a ridiculous Idea to them. We should never stand out or be leading anyone let alone take unilateral action. This is the same mindset that led people to be silent at the actions of the Soviet Union during the cold war but could be counted on to protest the counter moves made by the United States.

If this thread alone doesn't prove the political forum is comedy central I don't know what does.

It started with a rather civil discussion about the salute. No big deal.

We can't allow that can we?

Ah, but wait. We must figure out a way to blame Bush. Let's call Rachel Maddow.

Yep. There is a photo. We can retroactively implicate him. It is clearly Bush's fault!

OMG! It is life or death! Did you see the conniption? Oh the horror, the horror.

I love you guys! :cheers::grouphug:

If this thread alone doesn't prove the political forum is comedy central I don't know what does.

Yep. There is a photo. We can retroactively implicate him. It is clearly Bush's fault!

OMG! It is life or death! Did you see the conniption? Oh the horror, the horror.

Five posts in we have someone accusing him of just going through the motions. Not that he made a mistake or had been lost in thought or absent-minded..."going through the motions." In other words, "he doesn't care. If that passes for civil to you, I suggest a date with a dictionary.

And for the umpteenth time, nobody was blaming Bush. Good Lord, I voted for the man twice. You only make yourself look ridiculous by repeating this after it has been clearly explained to you. It was simply a comparison of reactions to Obama's messed up salute vs Bush's.

Five posts in we have someone accusing him of just going through the motions. Not that he made a mistake or had been lost in thought or absent-minded..."going through the motions." In other words, "he doesn't care. If that passes for civil to you, I suggest a date with a dictionary.

And for the umpteenth time, nobody was blaming Bush. Good Lord, I voted for the man twice. You only make yourself look ridiculous by repeating this after it has been clearly explained to you. It was simply a comparison of reactions to Obama's messed up salute vs Bush's.

Going thru the motions was far from life or death and certainly not a conniption. It was a heck of a lot closer to civil than that load of crap!

Blame Bush Name Bush it doesn't freaking matter! The OP was not about Bush. Stop mentioning his name for comparisons sake. Do you honestly recall the reaction to Bush's salute on this very forum at the time it occurred? Prove to me there was no outcry. Please. If you can't then............

Need I say more?

Blame Bush Name Bush it doesn't freaking matter! The OP was not about Bush. Stop mentioning his name for comparisons sake. Do you honestly recall the reaction to Bush's salute on this very forum at the time it occurred? Prove to me there was no outcry. Please. If you can't then............

Need I say more?

Look at my post count, then look at yours. Then go off to a corner and tell yourself how dumb that was. And that post count doesn't even count the times it got reset as we updated forum software. I've been active on this forum longer than you've been out of diapers. I'm well aware of what the reaction was to Bush's salute. It was "no reaction whatsoever." I wouldn't have pointed out the glaring disparity otherwise.

What really happened here was that you completely misread the thread and rather than just owning up to that, you just double down and make yourself look utterly clueless.

Need you say more? A smart person would quit while they're behind. I certainly wouldn't recommend keeping it up.

Need I say more?

Look at my post count, then look at yours. Then go off to a corner and tell yourself how dumb that was. And that post count doesn't even count the times it got reset as we updated forum software. I've been active on this forum longer than you've been out of diapers. I'm well aware of what the reaction was to Bush's salute. It was "no reaction whatsoever." I wouldn't have pointed out the glaring disparity otherwise.

What really happened here was that you completely misread the thread and rather than just owning up to that, you just double down and make yourself look utterly clueless.

Need you say more? A smart person would quit while they're behind. I certainly wouldn't recommend keeping it up.

The truth is some here, you included, took exception to those that had a problem with Obama's salute. That is the real story. From there, it took on a life of its own as is customary on this forum. Some, you included, tried to turn it into something never intended. It was always about a handful of soldiers on this very forum who took exception with the salute. It was never about what Bush did 13 years ago regardless of yours and others attempt to make it so. If you can't succinctly tell me what this handful of soldiers stated 13 years ago then your story lacks substance. How can one honestly call them hypocritical when they don't have on record their respective statements or at a minimum their thoughts on the matter 13 years ago?

The truth is some here, you included, took exception to those that had a problem with Obama's salute. That is the real story.

Still sticking to the dumb version of things I see. I didn't take exception that some had a problem with Obama's salute. I took exception that they were being hypocritical by having a problem with it when it never bothered them when their guy did it.

Why must people repeat simple things to you?

From there, it took on a life of its own as is customary on this forum. Some, you included, tried to turn it into something never intended. It was always about a handful of soldiers on this very forum who took exception with the salute. It was never about what Bush did 13 years ago regardless of yours and others attempt to make it so. If you can't succinctly tell me what this handful of soldiers stated 13 years ago then your story lacks substance. How can one honestly call them hypocritical when they don't even have on record their respective statements or at a minimum their thoughts on the matter 13 years ago?

*sigh*

You cannot be this dense and be able to get on the internet. I haven't made it about Bush. I don't know why that truth doesn't penetrate the plate in your head. But it is about hypocrisy. And it's a common theme here. This is just the latest episode. And I can say so because I've been here the entire time and have been most active in this very forum. There's no statement to offer because they literally didn't bring it up at all. Somehow this dastardly act of disrespect and not caring escaped them, but the second Obummer does it, the BatS**t Crazy Signal goes up and people are all bent about it.

Look, you've been here since 2009. I've been here since 1997. Many of the people expressing their dismay now have been here almost as long as I have. They didn't say boo about Bush doing it. And now when confronted by it, they still express little to no issue with it. But Obama is terrible because he did something similar. Sorry, not buying it.

Now, please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Archived