Churches Across America Hiding Illegal Immigrants

Texan4Auburn

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/09/23/immigrant-rights-activist-sought-for-deportation-takes-sanctuary-in-portland/

You can Google and find that this is very common practice across the United States. It has been suggested in multiple threads that only the right side of America is religious. So how do deal with God interfering with deportation and immigration reform?

Would the right be willing to come down hardcore on these places of worships when it pushes a Christian agenda during politicking? Will they say love thy neighbor, or will it be love thy legally documented citizen neighbor only?

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2014/09/23/immigrant-rights-activist-sought-for-deportation-takes-sanctuary-in-portland/

You can Google and find that this is very common practice across the United States. It has been suggested in multiple threads that only the right side of America is religious. So how do deal with God interfering with deportation and immigration reform?

Would the right be willing to come down hardcore on these places of worships when it pushes a Christian agenda during politicking? Will they say love thy neighbor, or will it be love thy legally documented citizen neighbor only?

I understand their motives but aiding people who have entered illegally is not something I can go along with. Our immigration laws do not violate the laws of God and churches are not entitled to disobey those laws or aid those who do. Going in and raiding churches would cause more problems than you would solve. Would these people shield a murderer or any other criminal?. I suspect a large portion of this is not compassion but something else.

I welcome anyone that comes to America LEGALLY. Get in line and do what many thousands have done and will do. Illegal is ILLEGAL.

http://latino.foxnew...ry-in-portland/

I would say when presented when directives from God to take care of the widow and orphan, to treat aliens with love and kindness, to meet the needs of the poor and desperate come into conflict with man's laws regarding immigration procedures, the church's priority is to follow God's laws first. You can encourage the person to do what they need to do to get legal but there's no way on earth anyone can convince me that if Jesus were here in the flesh he'd harp on immigration law over loving your neighbor.

http://latino.foxnew...ry-in-portland/

I would say when presented when directives from God to take care of the widow and orphan, to treat aliens with love and kindness, to meet the needs of the poor and desperate come into conflict with man's laws regarding immigration procedures, the church's priority is to follow God's laws first. You can encourage the person to do what they need to do to get legal but there's no way on earth anyone can convince me that if Jesus were here in the flesh he'd harp on immigration law over loving your neighbor.

I get that but is it right to reward these people who break the law to give them the advantage of getting to stay here over people who are following the law and doing it the right way?

I just don't think God is all that wound up about following America's immigration laws. People were not made for the law, the law is supposed to be made to serve the people.

I just don't think God is all that wound up about following America's immigration laws. People were not made for the law, the law is supposed to be made to serve the people.

That is a cop out and an excuse to allow people to continue to violate the law.

That is a cop out and an excuse to allow people to continue to violate the law.

I think it's just the truth of the matter. As Jesus said, the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath. This was in response to people who wanted to elevate rule keeping above meeting people's needs when confronting Jesus about him healing on the Sabbath or having a man "take up his mat and walk" as part of the healing Jesus provided. Those who think the most important thing in every situation is to follow all the laws to a tee are missing the point when those laws conflict with meeting real needs.

I wonder why so few complained about immigration during Bush's presidency? Were our borders any more secure? Interesting.

Bush was for immigration reform, but his own party didn't want to deal with it.

We can't just let every single person come in and automatically be able to act as citizens, but we should make the Visa and pathway to citizenship easier.

Works for me. Follow the law. BECOME an American legally. Thousands have done just that.

I wonder why so few complained about immigration during Bush's presidency? Were our borders any more secure? Interesting.

We can't just let every single person come in and automatically be able to act as citizens, but we should make the Visa and pathway to citizenship easier.

So, why was it an afterthought then and, a major issue now?

So, why was it an afterthought then and, a major issue now?

Because now the immigrant population is the greatest its been in American history and the biggest difference between now and previous spikes in immigration, they were NOT availed food stamps, free medical care, welfare and the myriad of other programs they receive now. Aside from the fiscal aspect of the issue which makes this surge in illegal immigration unsustainable, illegals cannot be allowed to affect public policy but they will. Colorado has given illegals driver licenses and this sort of thing leads to voter registration and La Raza will get them registered to vote. It seems to me that illegal aliens are treated better than natural born american citizens.

Bush wanted amnesty almost as much as Obama does. He had different motives but he wanted it just as much. He didn't enforce the border either. Nobody is against making the imigration process less burdensome but we have to secure the borders first and give the people at Border Patrol and ICE the tools they need to make sure we know who is coming here and be able to keep track of them while they are here. Visa overstay is the biggest number of illegals right now. Once we have these things in place we can then figure out what to do with the ones that are already here. To do anything else will simply encourage more illegals to come here before the border gets shut off and will likely result, as has been the case up to now, no action to secure the borders.They are not being unnecessarily burdened by not being legal or even citizens. One part of any "pathway to citizenship" must be that none of these people can vote for at least 10 years.

Archived