Jameis claims extortion...

Ber798297

If he's really getting a future earnings contingency, I'd take that gamble in a heartbeat. Russell made a lot of money. His first contract had over $30 million guaranteed. Um, even for a bust, that's not too shabby.

If he's really getting a future earnings contingency, I'd take that gamble in a heartbeat. Russell made a lot of money. His first contract had over $30 million guaranteed. Um, even for a bust, that's not too shabby.

And Russell helped prove lane kiffen was such a great coach at Oakland too.......

I not only think the kid is guilty but after last Saturday night I think FSU and the police department are guilty of helping to cover it up.

That boy is headed for a bad end. In today's climate a lot of NFL owners and GMs are going to say he isn't worth the risk and pass him by. I just don't think he has any self control and he'll do something stupid enough to either not get drafted at all or get himself thrown out of the league. I honestly expect him to wind up in prison one day.

Scouts are already writing him off.herd it on espn radio a week ago.

What sucks about this from a human perspective, is they're fighting to protect JW tooth and nail as long as he's winning and they have a shot at another NC.

If they lose, what's going to happen to him? Yes, JW is a dumb arse and spoiled and etc. etc. but FSU has ruined a kid's life with this.

What sucks about this from a human perspective, is they're fighting to protect JW tooth and nail as long as he's winning and they have a shot at another NC.

If they lose, what's going to happen to him? Yes, JW is a dumb arse and spoiled and etc. etc. but FSU has ruined a kid's life with this.

Very true. Just another disposable piece in their overall machine. Not the first and, I suspect, not the last. They'll use him up and when he has no more value to them, they'll show him the door. With the title IX investigation coming down on them I suspect some of the PTB will "encourage" him to seek his fortunes in the NFL.

You can't put all the blame on FSU. JW was very troubled before he ever set foot on campus. They have exploited him while allowing his behavior to go mostly unpunished. But FSU did not create him or ruin him. That was already done. His parents did not do their job a long time ago. And he shares some responsibility also. He's the only one now who can control what he does and the choices he makes. It may be too late, but I hope not.

The Hueytown residents are part to blame for putting this kid up on a pedestal for so long.

Well in that regard he's no different from most any other high school star athlete. It's a sad state but it is reality. I do think that unless he finally grows up and learns how to act, he's headed for prison or worse.

Archived