"Boobs on the ground?" Really?

quietfan

Geez......how much longer do we have to talk about what I think was a bad attempt at a joke....a takeoff of "boots on the ground." As pointed out, Eric Bolling has apologized. That's more than Obama, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Jackson, Sharpton, etc., do very often when they make dumb remarks. Why don't we talk about Sharpton's impact on the lives of three Duke lacrosse players resulting from his racist accusations for which he has NEVER apologized. Yet he owes a ton of back taxes and is an advisor to Obama. Bolling is a nice guy and no harm comes from his unfortunate comment. In fact the lady had received more publicity as a result than she ever would have.

That's totally pathetic. :no:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://talkingpoints...ter-to-fox-news

Dear Mr. Bolling and Mr. Gutfeld,

We are veterans of the United States armed forces, and we are writing to inform you that your remarks about United Arab Emirates Air Force Major Mariam Al Mansouri were unwarranted, offensive, and fundamentally opposed to what the military taught us to stand for.

First, foremost, and most obvious to everyone other than yourselves, your remarks were immensely inappropriate. Your co-host Kimberly Guilfoyle was so right to call attention to an inspiring story of a woman shattering glass ceilings in a society where doing so is immeasurably difficult. We never heard an answer to her question: why did you feel so compelled to “ruin her thing?”

As it turns out, women have been flying combat aircraft since before either of you were born. Over 1,000 Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) flew during World War II. Seeing as U.S. Army Air Forces Commander “Hap” Arnold said “Now in 1944, it is on the record that women can fly as well as men,” we can probably guess he thought their parking was adequate. The WASP legacy reaches into the present day; on 9/11, then Lt. Heather “Lucky” Penney scrambled her F-16. Completely unarmed, she was ready to lay down her own life to prevent further devastating attacks on American soil.

Thus the skill of women as fighter pilots is well established. And before you jump to the standby excuse that you were “just making a joke” or “having a laugh,” let the men amongst our number preemptively respond: You are not funny. You are not clever. And you are not excused. Perhaps the phrase “boys will be boys”—inevitably uttered wherever misogyny is present—is relevant. Men would never insult and demean a fellow servicemember; boys think saying the word ‘boobs’ is funny.

The less obvious implication of your remarks, however, is that by offending an ally and cheapening her contribution, you are actively hurting the mission. We need to send a clear message that anyone, male or female, who will stand up to ISIS and get the job done is worthy of our respect and gratitude.

We issue an apology on your behalf to Major Al Mansouri knowing that anything your producers force you to say will be contrived and insincere. Major, we’re sincerely sorry for the rudeness; clearly, these boys don’t take your service seriously, but we and the rest of the American public do.

Very Respectfully,

Michael Breen, U.S. Army

Shawn VanDiver, U.S. Navy

Kristen Rouse, U.S. National Guard

Andrea Marr, U.S. Navy

Kristen Kavanaugh, U.S. Navy

Richard Wheeler, U.S. Army

Leo Cruz, U.S. Navy

Aryanna Hunter, U.S. Army

Geoff Orazem U.S. Marine Corps

Scott Cheney-Peters, U.S. Navy

Jonathan Murray, U.S. Marine Corps

Timothy Kudo, U.S. Marine Corps

Welton Chang, U.S. Army

Michael Smith, U.S. Army

Gordon Griffin, U.S. Marine Corps

Kelsey Campbell, U.S. Air Force

Matt Runyon, U.S. Army

Richard Weir, U.S. Marine Corps

Scott Holcomb, U.S. Army

Jon Gensler, U.S. Army

Erik Brine, U.S. Air Froce

Rob Miller, U.S. Marine Corps

Josh Weinberg, U.S. Army

John Wagner, U.S. Air Force

Terron Sims II, U.S. Army

Sonia Fernandez, U.S. Marine Corps

Dan Hartnett, U.S. Army

Dan Futrell, U.S. Army

John Margolick, U.S. Marine Corps

Daniel Savage, U.S. Army

Matt Pelak, U.S. Army,

LaRue Robinson, U.S. Army

Anthony Woods, U.S Army

Margot Beausey, U.S. Navy

Dustin Cathcart, U.S. Army

Kayla Williams, U.S. Army

Dan Espinal, U.S. Army

Jonathan Hopkins, U.S. Army

Tony Johnson, U.S. Navy

Andy Moore, U.S. Army

Kevin Johnson, U.S. Army

Brett Hunt, U.S. Army

Russell Galeti, U.S. Army

Gail Harris, U.S. Navy

Katelyn Geary van Dam, U.S. Marine Corps

Mick Crnkovich, U.S. Army

Jonathan Freeman, U.S. Army

Chris Finan, U.S. Air Force

Robert Mishev, U.S. Air Force

Matt Zeller, U.S. Army

William Allen, U.S. Marine Corps

Sharmistha Mohpatra, U.S. Army

Adam Tiffen, U.S. Army

Alex Cornell du Houx, U.S. Navy

Jason Cain, U.S. Army

Rob Bracknell, U.S. Marine Corps

Karen Courington, U.S. Air Force

Justin Graf, U.S. Army

Lach Litwer, U.S. Army

Andrew Borene, U.S. Marine Corps

Are you aware if our Public Affairs Branch was a willing participant to this letter?

Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs OASD(PA)

The Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) is the principal staff advisor and assistant to the Secretary of Defense and Deputy Secretary of Defense for public information, internal information, community relations, information training, and audiovisual matters.

Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) follows the Secretary's Principles of Information in providing defense department information to the public, the Congress and the media.

By Men and Women of the Truman Project Published September 27, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT

The Truman National Security Project unites next-generation veteran, political, and policy leaders to develop and advance strong, smart, and principled solutions to the global challenges Americans now face. Views expressed are the authors' and do not reflect the opinion of the U.S. Department of Defense.

The Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) is the principal staff advisor and assistant to the Secretary of Defense and Deputy Secretary of Defense for public information, internal information, community relations, information training, and audiovisual matters.

Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) follows the Secretary's Principles of Information in providing defense department information to the public, the Congress and the media.

I'm fully aware of OASD for public affairs. This wasnt a Pentagon press release. I don't know where you got that impression. I never implied that these members did speak for DoD or their service. They are protected under the first ammendment just like you and can write and publish as long as they follow DoD ethics rules. In this case they did.

I'm fully aware of OASD for public affairs. This wasnt a Pentagon press release. I don't know where you got that impression. I never implied that these members did speak for DoD or their service. They are protected under the first ammendment just like you and can write and publish as long as they follow DoD ethics rules. In this case they did.

That was obvious when you asked "what is a public affairs branch?"

Well arent you so clever... Branch is a term used in the Army. The Public Affairs Branch in the Army denotes an Officer with 46A MOS. You completly misused the term because the letter was signed by other members of other services thus confusing me of the term you used. I was being half cute because I knew you had no idea what you were talking about.

The answer to post #53 is almost assuredly no. The DoD PA did not participate in nor endorse the letter. There is a reason for that.

It is strictly my opinion, but the letter is not something I expect from a fighting soldier. I could be wrong, but I doubt Major Al Mansouri was or is a willing participant either.

Well arent you so clever... Branch is a term used in the Army. The Public Affairs Branch in the Army denotes an Officer with 46A MOS. You completly misused the term because the letter was signed by other members of other services thus confusing me of the term you used. I was being half cute because I knew you had no idea what you were talking about.

Public Affairs is a term for the formal offices of the branches of the United States Department of Defense whose purpose is to deal with the media and community issues. The term is also used for numerous media relations offices that are created by the U.S. military for more specific limited purposes. Public affairs offices are staffed by a combination of officers, enlisted personnel, civilian officials and contract professionals.

Public Affairs is a term for the formal offices of the branches of the United States Department of Defense whose purpose is to deal with the media and community issues. The term is also used for numerous media relations offices that are created by the U.S. military for more specific limited purposes. Public affairs offices are staffed by a combination of officers, enlisted personnel, civilian officials and contract professionals.

Again you are getting lost. That denotes branches of the service. You wrote public affairs branch which is a term used in the Army. Believe what you want, this is boring.

Again you are getting lost. That denotes branches of the service. You wrote public affairs branch which is a term used in the Army. Believe what you want, this is boring.

I could have used the term "office vs. branch", but that is irrelevant. You were simply being contentious and then condescending. I found it funny since there are documented errors in your explanation and at that point I could not resist as it was you that stated I didn't know what I was talking about. But its all good. I am used to the overly sensitive and nit picking on the forum. Good day mate.

Here's a question: What's your friggin point? :dunno:

Geez......how much longer do we have to talk about what I think was a bad attempt at a joke....a takeoff of "boots on the ground." As pointed out, Eric Bolling has apologized. That's more than Obama, Biden, Reid, Pelosi, Jackson, Sharpton, etc., do very often when they make dumb remarks. Why don't we talk about Sharpton's impact on the lives of three Duke lacrosse players resulting from his racist accusations for which he has NEVER apologized. Yet he owes a ton of back taxes and is an advisor to Obama. Bolling is a nice guy and no harm comes from his unfortunate comment. In fact the lady had received more publicity as a result than she ever would have.

I think the problem with the guy's apology is that that very same day he also lectured America and Obama on giving proper respect to all those in the military.

Kinda like the preacher giving a sermon on the sanctity of marriage, and then sleeping with another mans wife in the Sunday school room after service.

I would say your example is way to extreme IMHO. Bolling was wrong in his comment about the pilot but right on in his latter comment, again IMHO.

I would say your example is way to extreme IMHO. Bolling was wrong in his comment about the pilot but right on in his latter comment, again IMHO.

The issue here is the hypocrisy in his values. If he really believed in the values supposedly represented in his latter comment, the first comment never would have occurred.

The fact that the "latte salute" was way overblown is a different issue. But it does serve to accentuate the hypocrisy he evidenced.

Here's a question: What's your friggin point? :dunno:

I am not a fan of the letter. I cannot imagine the commander is either.

The issue here is the hypocrisy in his values. If he really believed in the values supposedly represented in his latter comment, the first comment never would have occurred.

The fact that the "latte salute" was way overblown is a different issue. But it does serve to accentuate the hypocrisy he evidenced.

Both issues were severely overblown.

Actually, to be accurate, the "boob's on the ground issue" was created by the Fox announcer, while the latte salute was merely overblown by him.

It was a perfect microcosm of the "Fox" point of view.

boobs on the ground is an off hand, jokingly inane comment made by a talk hosts, while Obama's overly dismissive ' latte' salute' ' is yet one more glaring example how the Commander OF Chief looks down upon the US military.

How the hell has this thread gone on for 7 pages ? It must be a slow week for news, oh wait, it actually isn't.

Seems some folks are simply desperate for a 'win' in the PR game.

Actually, to be accurate, the "boob's on the ground issue" was created by the Fox announcer, while the latte salute was merely overblown by him.

I respectfully disagree. The "boob's on the ground quote" was made by a Fox host, the issue was created by others.

I respectfully disagree. The "boob's on the ground quote" was made by a Fox host, the issue was created by others.

Stupid statement. The Fox imbecile owns it. He said something extremely dumb, forgivable but, dumb. Neither he, nor you, can blame anyone for pointing it out.

Same with the latte salute. Obama owns it. Forgivable but dumb. Of course, some idiot with an agenda will attempt to paint that as, "liberals despise the military".

Stupid statement. The Fox imbecile owns it. He said something extremely dumb, forgivable but, dumb. Neither he, nor you, can blame anyone for pointing it out.

Same with the latte salute. Obama owns it. Forgivable but dumb. Of course, some idiot with an agenda will attempt to paint that as, "liberals despise the military".

Don't misinterpret. If no one brings up the latte salute then there is no issue. If no one brings up the dumb quote by the Fox guy then there is no issue.

It's not being an idiot nor does it take any one w/ an agenda to show that Liberals despise the military. Hell, Clinton himself said he LOATHES the military. OUR military.

And he's done so ever since.

Same w/ Obama.

Archived