"Boobs on the ground?" Really?

quietfan

It's not being an idiot nor does it take any one w/ an agenda to show that Liberals despise the military. Hell, Clinton himself said he LOATHES the military. OUR military.

And he's done so ever since.

Same w/ Obama.

That is a lie perpetuated by idiots with an agenda. The actual quote (from a 1969 letter to the officer in charge of ROTC, UA) references why many Americans' distaste for the Vietnam War and the draft tainted their view of the military in general.

It's alright not being very intelligent. It's okay to be biased. It's not okay to lie.

This is the exact quote:

" I am writing too in the hope that my telling this one story will help you to understand more clearly how so many fine people have come to find themselves still loving their country but loathing the military, to which you and other good men have devoted years, lifetimes, of the best service you could give."

Did Clinton evade the draft? I think like many who had political connections, he did. Vietnam was, for the most part, fought by the poor and career military. I think that is part of the public opposition. However, unless you have other evidence, you have lied, yet again.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton backed out of a promise to serve. That's worse than merely evading the draft.

I've not lied ONCE, so you can't honestly claim I'm lying " again ". You not liking what I post doesn't constitute me " lying ". It's just you not liking the facts.

Tough.

Raptor....you are pretty much right. When I worked in DC I had occasion to go to the WH several times. I often talked to the Marine guards. I never heard them say much about Bill but to a man they despised Hillary.

Edit note.....my wife actually had a job where she had more interface with the WH than I did. I was just talking to her. She confirmed your post they didn't like either of the Clintons.. In fact we both got the same opinions from the military folks we interfaced with at the Pentagon.

Clinton backed out of a promise to serve. That's worse than merely evading the draft.

I've not lied ONCE, so you can't honestly claim I'm lying " again ". You not liking what I post doesn't constitute me " lying ". It's just you not liking the facts.

Tough.

Yes, you have. You said, "Cheney never said deficits don't matter". He did.

For what it is worth though, I do agree with your first statement. I believe Clinton used several people and, lied to them in an effort to stay out of Vietnam. Whether or not, that makes him better or worse, I'm not so sure.

Raptor....you are pretty much right. When I worked in DC I had occasion to go to the WH several times. I often talked to the Marine guards. I never heard them say much about Bill but to a man they despised Hillary.

Another foolish PT comment. He never mentioned Hillary.

boobs on the ground is an off hand, jokingly inane comment made by a talk hosts, while Obama's overly dismissive ' latte' salute' ' is yet one more glaring example how the Commander OF Chief looks down upon the US military.

Yeah, that sums it pretty well. Just not the way you intended. :rolleyes:

I would say your example is way to extreme IMHO. Bolling was wrong in his comment about the pilot but right on in his latter comment, again IMHO.

Hey now, don't be using such foul language like "extreme". That can get a man profiled and killed around here :outtahere:

I was going after the hypocrisy.

Mean to be honest if we really wanted to get into saluting and proper respect for military personnel, well you know there is a reason they say "you salute the rank and not the man". We could probably debate that all day.

Plus I'm still kind of bitter. I start a thread on African Americans claiming that Whites stole big booties and it didn't get a single Sir Mix A Lot joke.

I would say your example is way to extreme IMHO. Bolling was wrong in his comment about the pilot but right on in his latter comment, again IMHO.

The issue here is the hypocrisy in his values. If he really believed in the values supposedly represented in his latter comment, the first comment never would have occurred.

The fact that the "latte salute" was way overblown is a different issue. But it does serve to accentuate the hypocrisy he evidenced.

Both issues were severely overblown.

Actually, to be accurate, the "boob's on the ground issue" was created by the Fox announcer, while the latte salute was merely overblown by him.

It was a perfect microcosm of the "Fox" point of view.

I respectfully disagree. The "boob's on the ground quote" was made by a Fox host, the issue was created by others.

Stupid statement. The Fox imbecile owns it. He said something extremely dumb, forgivable but, dumb. Neither he, nor you, can blame anyone for pointing it out.

Same with the latte salute. Obama owns it. Forgivable but dumb. Of course, some idiot with an agenda will attempt to paint that as, "liberals despise the military".

Don't misinterpret. If no one brings up the latte salute then there is no issue. If no one brings up the dumb quote by the Fox guy then there is no issue.

And if a tree falls in the forest it doesn't make a noise. :laugh::clap:

The issue here is the hypocrisy in his values. If he really believed in the values supposedly represented in his latter comment, the first comment never would have occurred.

The fact that the "latte salute" was way overblown is a different issue. But it does serve to accentuate the hypocrisy he evidenced.

Both issues were severely overblown.

Actually, to be accurate, the "boob's on the ground issue" was created by the Fox announcer, while the latte salute was merely overblown by him.

It was a perfect microcosm of the "Fox" point of view.

I respectfully disagree. The "boob's on the ground quote" was made by a Fox host, the issue was created by others.

Stupid statement. The Fox imbecile owns it. He said something extremely dumb, forgivable but, dumb. Neither he, nor you, can blame anyone for pointing it out.

Same with the latte salute. Obama owns it. Forgivable but dumb. Of course, some idiot with an agenda will attempt to paint that as, "liberals despise the military".

Don't misinterpret. If no one brings up the latte salute then there is no issue. If no one brings up the dumb quote by the Fox guy then there is no issue.

And if a tree falls in the forest it doesn't make a noise. :laugh::clap:

Let me see if I can go cop a blunt and then come back and tell you if I get it. :hellyeah:

Archived