New Depth chart this week

ellitor

http://www.aufamily....y-of-this-game/

Getting back to the depth chart, I'm almost surprised Trovon didn't get the nod over Jones.

I think it won't be long. Since Diamond is still on the depth chart, it could be that the list was actually written just before the last game but posted a few days later.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McLoofus, I'm always skeptical of the practice warrior. I've heard the same about Stevens, but we never see it. At this point, we're a six-man rotation at WR. Williams, Coates, Louis, and Bray are getting BY FAR the most snaps and most targets. Ray and Davis are in the rotation for 15-25 snaps a game, and a minor role in the pass game. Everyone else is a rotation guy in name only.

La Tech is not to be confused with LSU but they are a pretty decent team and could make it interesting..... for a while. After a shaky game last week, the first team O needs to look sharp and error free for ....perhaps a half....then let the back-ups get some playing time.

Yep and the important number is 48-16, the score when Oklahoma beat La Tech. Because at the end of the day, we just never know what will come into play in this new playoff era.

Can you provide a scenario where Oklahoma would get in over Auburn where OU would be the #4 seed? Why the worry about OU? Makes no sense. Any undefeated Big XII team deserves to get in over a non-SEC champion.

I dont think Auburn needs to beat LaTech by any certain number. If we're truly talking "at the end of the day" which is what someone alluded to, all Auburn has to do is continue winning. Should they win the SEC it wont matter if we beat LaTech by 1 point or by 50.

I did and obviously if we win the SEC it's a mute point. But what I am referring to is the scenario where we don't and have 1 loss. If the 4th spot were to come down to a Big12 champion 1 loss Oklahoma team that didn't have to play a CCG vs a non-SEC champion 1 loss Auburn team, it will/could matter.

Don't forget that a non SEC champion has to have enough of a resume to beat out 2 of the 5 P5 champions. You would hope they would look at SOS first but common opponents is also something on their list. So "at the end of the day" you just never know and it's the kind of thing that has to be accounted for ahead of time. Unfortunately for La Tech in this case, they happen to be the common opponent along with Kansas State.

Where'd you come up with such a crazy idea, IronMan? Some people just like to manufacture stuff to worry about, I guess. Win the SECCG and we're in; otherwise, we're out. End of story! PERIOD!

:big:

Well I "oughta" (3 Stooges reference). I account for things, kinda like an offensive/ defensive coordinator. The most I will ever do is be concerned about something, enough to account for it. Worrying is a useless emotion. Dang Brits anyway. coughdramaqueenscough ;D

La Tech is not to be confused with LSU but they are a pretty decent team and could make it interesting..... for a while. After a shaky game last week, the first team O needs to look sharp and error free for ....perhaps a half....then let the back-ups get some playing time.

Yep and the important number is 48-16, the score when Oklahoma beat La Tech. Because at the end of the day, we just never know what will come into play in this new playoff era.

Can you provide a scenario where Oklahoma would get in over Auburn where OU would be the #4 seed? Why the worry about OU? Makes no sense. Any undefeated Big XII team deserves to get in over a non-SEC champion.

Never worry. But to your question it would be a 1 loss Oklahoma. See post #23.

I dont think Auburn needs to beat LaTech by any certain number. If we're truly talking "at the end of the day" which is what someone alluded to, all Auburn has to do is continue winning. Should they win the SEC it wont matter if we beat LaTech by 1 point or by 50.

I did and obviously if we win the SEC it's a mute point. But what I am referring to is the scenario where we don't and have 1 loss. If the 4th spot were to come down to a Big12 champion 1 loss Oklahoma team that didn't have to play a CCG vs a non-SEC champion 1 loss Auburn team, it will/could matter.

Don't forget that a non SEC champion has to have enough of a resume to beat out 2 of the 5 P5 champions. You would hope they would look at SOS first but common opponents is also something on their list. So "at the end of the day" you just never know and it's the kind of thing that has to be accounted for ahead of time. Unfortunately for La Tech in this case, they happen to be the common opponent along with Kansas State.

Fair enough. Margin versus La. Tech should not matter but it might. Weirder things have happened.

Where'd you come up with such a crazy idea, IronMan? Some people just like to manufacture stuff to worry about, I guess. Win the SECCG and we're in; otherwise, we're out. End of story! PERIOD!

:big:

Well I "oughta" (3 Stooges reference). I account for things, kinda like an offensive/ defensive coordinator. The most I will ever do is be concerned about something, enough to account for it. Worrying is a useless emotion. Dang Brits anyway. coughdramaqueenscough ;D

Oh, I don't worry, either. ;D

And I, too, think we 'oughta' stomp La Tech! Woowoowooowoowoowooh!

Big 12 champ with one loss has a good argument in their favor. They don't have a championship game but they play every other team in the conference. I don't know exactly how the committee will weigh such things but there is legitimacy to that.

I think they trust Jones a bit more than Reed at this point. Ellis spoke about how well the back group communicated against KSU, and I think that's where Reed lags a bit. It's about reps. There are some guys in that two-deep that haven't really seen the field. Leff, Diamond (injured), Stevens, Truitt, Tre Williams, Roberts, TJ Davis. Those guys are two-deep in name only at this point. Hopefully, the coaches see something in those guys, and they'll step up and contribute. Three games in, though, that's not the case.

I should say, that's not particularly surprising when it comes to the OL or the freshman. We really don't rotate offensive linemen very much, and honestly, Young is probably the backup RT with Danzey as the backup at both Guard spots (if something happened to Pat Miller). TJ Davis just hasn't seen the field. Mincy and Frost played every snap of the KSU game so Williams and Davis just aren't a factor in the rotation at this stage.

I won't be surprised if we see a little more cleanup duty for Williams and Roberts in this game, but I'm with you, I don't think we'll see them in big spots anytime soon barring injury. I keep hearing that Stevens is a beast in waiting, but we're not even really spreading it around to guys like Ray, Uzomah and Davis yet. And we might (finally) start seeing the RBs get some more touches through the air.

I think you're right about Jones and Reed, too. Gus and/or CEJ seem to have established a preference for experience over raw play-making ability. Maybe Jones truly just had a bad night last Thursday.

honestly jones hasn't looked really impressive all season...serviceable but that Arky game he was getting beat all the time...but i guess Reed hasn't done enough in practice to show he deserves the start...i think it's coming though

Everyone worries about the playoff. And who's in with 1 loss and who's out. Just win and it all takes care of itself. Win one game at a time. We ant get to 12-0 or 13-0 after the seccg without being 4-0

Big 12 champ with one loss has a good argument in their favor. They don't have a championship game but they play every other team in the conference. I don't know exactly how the committee will weigh such things but there is legitimacy to that.

Oklahoma's RE SOS is 46 there is no legitimacy in playing all the teams in a conference if the conference is mediocre, 3 ranked teams and 1 might not be ranked before they play them. One lose will kill them

Notable changes

-Lambert and Owens starting at DE

-Monty and Gabe starting at DT

-Holsey starting field safety

-No Whitehead

-Roc Thomas starting kick returner

LINK

This is the same starting lineup we had against KSU with the exception of Gabe starting instead of Bradley. Looks good to me.

Notable changes

-Lambert and Owens starting at DE

-Monty and Gabe starting at DT

-Holsey starting field safety

-No Whitehead

-Roc Thomas starting kick returner

LINK

This is the same starting lineup we had against KSU with the exception of Gabe starting instead of Bradley. Looks good to me.

True but it was not the depth chart we had last week. We did not know about the changes except for Whitehead til kickoff.

OU's game against K State will be a more significant measuring stick (if it comes to that) than La Tech.

Agreed.

And I bet they (Oklahoma) get their share of holding calls that AU didn't get

Anyone know what is going on with Denson? I was hoping he would come back strong this year but I have not seen him at all.

Too much depth at WR this year. Expect him to be a good part of the team next year. He's a physical run blocker.

Anyone know what is going on with Denson? I was hoping he would come back strong this year but I have not seen him at all.

Too much depth at WR this year. Expect him to be a good part of the team next year. He's a physical run blocker.

A good reason to see more of him on the field.....our run blocking on the corners has been awful....

Today We need to get our zone read in order and get these two DE's on track. Having Wright and Monty inside is where they should be. If we can get these two things going now, we'll be on-fire again.

Yep. I don't buy for a second that style points from beating the tar outta a similar team won't come into play. I'm also EXTREMELY worried about the voting members who are current ADs being able to be non-biased (Pat Haden anyone?).

They are not allowed to vote for their own schools.

...... and in the 3rd quarter of the La Tech game, the SECN crew goes on for about 2 minutes about how it is important for Auburn to have an impressive win over La Tech. They site the possible use of the common opponent criteria by the committee to decide the 4th team.

They go on to say that Oklahoma has an impressive win over La Tech and its also important to Auburn in case they don't win the SEC, but have the same record as Oklahoma.

;D

...... and in the 3rd quarter of the La Tech, the SECN crew goes on for about 2 minutes on how it is important for Auburn to have an impressive win over La Tech. They site the possible use of the common opponent criteria by the committee to decide the 4th team.

They go on to say that Oklahoma has an impressive win over La Tech and its important to Auburn in case they don't win the SEC but have the same record as Oklahoma.

;D/>

don't u just love it when u make an obvious observation, get jumped about it and then someone of importance in the media sees it the same way u do. Love it

A good reason to see more of him on the field.....our run blocking on the corners has been awful....

Yeah the guys above him were great run blockers last year. To be honest a lot of times they don't look like they care about blocking this year.

Archived