"War Eagle!" Etiquette?

BeasFan

Personally, I want everyone to say War Eagle at my funeral. I don't want black worn either, only orange or navy. Considering 85% of my family are Bammers, I shall get the last jest. Jk, I have been to enough Bama laden funerals to be as cruel. There better not be one red rose though, or I shall haunt the sender.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there ever a time or occasion where it's considered bad form or insensitive to yell out "War Eagle"?

(I ask because to me it's an affirmative statement that takes the place of so many other lame exp<b></b>ressions that just don't get the job done.)

I am not a fan of people saying WAR EAGLE to people just because they are wearing different colors. (ex. uga and turd fans) If you are addressed first by someone saying "go dawgs",etc... then I feel it is ok to say WAR EAGLE in response. Outside of that it seems appropriate to say WAR EAGLE anytime you notice a fellow Auburn family member.

+1

Regarding "Roll Tide"... I use that term when I witness or hear about something idiotic or tragically redneck... True story.

We are moving into a new house, went over there the other day and noticed a LSU flag in the neighbor's

We are going to put ours up even before we get our stuff moved!

I think this is proper etiquette! LOL

Since I left Alabama in 2002, I have used "war eagle" to greet anyone wearing Auburn gear. This has gotten a couple of dumbfounded, blank stares in Oklahoma. I guess some people just buy AU hats because they look good.

This used to happen to me in Texas. I'd greet someone wearing Auburn gear with a 'War Eagle' and get a blank stare. Recently, however, I've found myself getting 'War Eagle!' from folks who probably are not Auburn grads or fans. This changed in the last 5 years or so. Last year got lots of attention for Auburn.

I am not a fan of people saying WAR EAGLE to people just because they are wearing different colors. (ex. uga and turd fans) If you are addressed first by someone saying "go dawgs",etc... then I feel it is ok to say WAR EAGLE in response. Outside of that it seems appropriate to say WAR EAGLE anytime you notice a fellow Auburn family member.

Most definitely.

Something that annoys me is people saying War Damn... <_<

Uh, hello, if you want to insert damn then finish the damn phrase. I guess some people think another word might take years off their life? :rolleyes:

War Eagle / War Damn Eagle ;)

Agreed.

I even thought of a hand signal for "War Eagle" that could be used for instance if you were a distance away and you wanted to acknowledge another Auburn person.

You could hold up the three middle fingers of the right hand pointing straight up. Looks like a "W". Then rotate the three fingers so they are pointing toward your left side.

To the other person it would look like an "E". So.... the "W" "E" would be short for "War Eagle". I don't know how you would ever get it started but it would be a great "insider" signal to each other that would drive the onlookers crazy!

This is the first thing that came to mind...lol

2011-11-15-10-38-33-5-katniss-delivers-a-farewell-salute-this-gesture-i.jpeg

Archived