Cameron Toney @ H-Back

aufan57

Why not use Denson or Ray at h back,they can block and their then is the threat of the wheel route. Barber needs to be used more,he quicker to the hole than Payne. Always that Pettway would of started at h back over Fulse.

It is one thing to block defensive backs in space and crack down on linebackers, but quite another to lead through the hole and take on the first guy at the second level. It takes an entirely different mindset...one which is closer to that of a linebacker, quite frankly. If memory serves, Jay Prosch was a linebacker in high school who switched to FB in college, and I know Gage Batten was a linebacker before the failed experiment of making him Prosch's understudy.

I thought they said Jakel Mitchell was probably going to contribute at H Back earlier in the season. What happened with that?

What's the latest on Batten? Isn't he hurt? I was watching some highlights of the Chris Todd Gus attack and sure do miss having a guy like Eric Smith around. Got several passes out of backfield that year. Basically I miss Prosch! Haha

Yeah, he got hurt before the season, and it may be a bit premature to dub the experiment failed, as I did, but I can't help but to get the feeling that he just didn't live up to what the coaches were hoping he would. That's certainly not a shot at him, because he's a walk-on, so he's not the kind of guy you should put all the expectations upon, just the impression I've gotten.

But I agree about wanting to find a guy like Prosch, whomever might fill it.

Saw where he tweeted Prosch a couple weeks ago and told him he had some good news. I imagine this has been in progress for a while.

https://mobile.twitt...249186147139584

That certainly does make you wonder, doesn't it?

Archived