Positives: LA Tech 2014

PCBAuburnaFan

1)we won by a comparable amount to Oklahoma (keeps them from having a common opponent argument)

2)Nick Marshall played really well in my opinion

3)3 years later Quan Bray has decided to play and I thank him for it

4)Duke is still awesome

5)Defense looked really good throughout the game

6)Lambert could really be a player for us

7)Barber, Roc, and JJ look good in their very short amount of time on the field

8)Swain is playing really well at lb

9)Good to see Nick running the ball with some authority again

10)Trovon reed continues to impress me

Auburn has one thing going for them... The SEC is having a down year. I doubt any team runs the table.

What, are you kidding? The SEC West is brutal.

1)we won by a comparable amount to Oklahoma (keeps them from having a common opponent argument)

OU - KSU game really looms large in terms of playoffs doesn't it?

Positives:

Still won by a good margin... Probably enough that if you'd told AU fans the final score ahead of time they'd have said "okay... Meh... I'll take it."

We have weapons galore but haven't played a complete game yet. That's actually a GOOD thing in my mind. Tells me that things should improve as we find our identity.

D - lots of people said at the start of the season that if we could average 20 points allowed on D we'd be great. We've averaged 16.25. (I understand the context of not having passed thru the gauntlet of SEC play yet but still..)

4)Duke is still awesome

Nice post. A few comments:

Quan Bray has always been a good player for us. Lewis is playing well too.

Holsey has been very good. Reed too. Mincy too. Ruffin and Roberts look like players, and Tre did well.

I am concerned with Defensive injuries, both LBs are out.

D has played well. Sorry Mikey but Line Backing has been solid. Even with both starters out Swain and Williams played well. I am worried about our two starting Linebackers. Receivers have stepped up and made plays.

Not quite sure what you mean by #3. Bray has been a solid, consistent player(one of the most consistent we have had) his whole career at Auburn.

My thoughts exactly. Bray might not be an All-American but he's worked hard and made very few mistakes throughout his career.

We should have blown away Louisiana Tech by 5 or 6 touchdowns.

Do you have any facts to support that view? I think Gus was more interested in protecting players that were dinged up....and giving inexperienced players some time on the field....which was a more important goal than piling up points on an outclassed opponent.

Laugh at me or shoot me down (just don't be mean about it) but after seeing Monty run the interception back to near the end zone, wouldn't it be fun to see him play a little in the offense in a wildcat position or like how The Chicago Bears did with "the fridge" in the 80's on short yardage plays? He's pretty athletic...

Laugh at me or shoot me down (just don't be mean about it) but after seeing Monty run the interception back to near the end zone, wouldn't it be fun to see him play a little in the offense in a wildcat position or like how The Chicago Bears did with "the fridge" in the 80's on short yardage plays? He's pretty athletic...

I wouldn't want to risk an injury to him, but he was pretty quick. Relatively speaking.

He's really coming into his own this season.

Guest jojo1515

4)Duke is still awesome

Agree 99 percent. (7) barber, ROC and JJ look good.........Roc ran the ball once for -1 yard. I think you may have seen what you wanted to there ;)

I wouldn't want to risk an injury to him, but he was pretty quick. Relatively speaking.

He's really coming into his own this season.

I'm sure it won't ever come to fruition but it would be fun!!

1. Positive: Defensive line is really growing and taking shape. Much better Defensive play this year than last.

2. Our receivers were pretty much awesome tonight, making some very difficult catches.

3. Quan Bray played one heck of a game!

4. Jeremy Johnson continues to impress in the passing game.

5. Our cornerbacks are really growing this year. Some excellent plays in the 4th quarter (and I mean text book play) on defending the pass.

6. Justin Garrett looking very good.

7. Monte Adams continues to show why he was a 5 star coming out of HS

8. Travon Reed has seemed to find his home at CB.

Not quite sure what you mean by #3. Bray has been a solid, consistent player(one of the most consistent we have had) his whole career at Auburn.

Compared to who? Reed? Travante Stallworth?

Sure. All I'm saying is that you're not giving him nearly enough credit that he deserves.

"Finally came to play" or whatever you said, implies that he's has made quite a few mistakes in his career, which is false.

4)Duke is still awesome

Agree 99 percent. (7) barber, ROC and JJ look good.........Roc ran the ball once for -1 yard. I think you may have seen what you wanted to there ;)

I was thinking more of when he had a reception for around 10 yards he looked good with the ball in his hands!

Maybe I was thinking of Barber lol

Archived