Week 6 Polls

RunInRed

Well I don't think anyone is going through the SEC unscathed. If someone does then there will be no question as to who the best team in the nation is.

Yeah, an undefeated SEC champion would be the hands-down #1 seed. An undefeated Oregon would be #2; undefeated Oklahoma would be #3; and undefeated FSU would be #4--if they base it off of schedule strength.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of this is the negative side affects of baseless pre-season rankings. rankings should not exist before week 5. JMHO.

One thing I see is that there is no team playing lights out football right now. Every single team out there has issues at one place or another. Some have more than others but there is no one that stands head and shoulders above the rest right now. It's all out there for the taking.

SEC, ACC, PAC12, BIG12. These are the respective teams from each conference that they want. AU will have to go unbeaten and win big in the SEC Championship to squeak into the top four. And if they do, they will be the fourth seed. Bank it.

SEC champion, even with one loss, will be in the playoff. As for the seed it really doesn't matter, to me anyway. Just get in and then play the games.

Not if they are from the East. A one loss SEC east champ is not lock. Everyone knows the east is weak.

Respectfully disagree. IMHO a one loss champion from the SEC east would get in. Relative to the west they don't look as good but that is just because the west is so stacked.

Unless bama is the west team that loses. They will take bama in a heartbeat. My Lord, they didn't even play and slid into the #1 position.

This is yet another example to store away for the future when all those folks (and there are a LOT of them) say #1 can't drop unless they lose. This is flat blather, there are loads of examples where #1 dropped without losing. Fewer where a team leaped to #1 without playing that week but this reminds me of 2004 where the TV, papers...and message boards... were filled with dullards lecturing us all that #1 USC wouldn't drop with a weak schedule because they hadn't lost. fwiw, #1 has now dropped in one or more major polls without losing on NINETEEN (19) occasions.

One thing I see is that there is no team playing lights out football right now. Every single team out there has issues at one place or another. Some have more than others but there is no one that stands head and shoulders above the rest right now. It's all out there for the taking.

What about Oklahoma? They seem legit

What about Oklahoma? They seem legit

Theu are legit but not head and shoulders above everyone else. Their schedule is among the worst in the country. They did go to WVU and win which is good. but I did not see a dominant unbeatable tesm. We know how Texas has had their number even in down years. That game against Baylor looms large for both teams. I see about 6 teams that can take home the big enchilada.

How does a team that lost their last 2 games of the previous season; got blown out in their bowl game; and has not played a quallty team this year get ranked #1 during an off week.???? Did I miss something? Did the previous week's #1 team lose? The media's love affair with lil' nicky and his paid for team is bizzare at best and unhealthy for college football. >:(

Well said. Let's not forget, they have looked very beatable at times; un-ranked West Virginia for example. Now they are the AP's #1 on a bye week? What a freaking joke!!

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/about-the-rankings

Selection Committee members will have a wealth of information including review of video, statistics and their own expertise to guide them in their deliberations. They will emphasize obvious factors like win-loss records, strength of schedule, conference championships won, head-to-head results and results against common opponents. The playoff group has retained SportSource Analytics to provide the data platform for the committee’s use. While the details of the platform have not been finalized, it is anticipated that it will include countless pieces of statistical information for every Football Bowl Subdivision team. It will also include general information such as each team’s opponents’ record and opponents’ opponents’ records. The platform will allow the committee members to compare and contrast every team on every level possible.

If the Selection committee truly uses: strength of schedule, head-to-head results and results against common opponents, ​there should be no-way an undefeated FSU team is in the final four. The only way, is if the SEC Champ, has a one loss winner, and the remainder of SEC Top 15 teams, each have two losses or more!

Why the hell is Notre Dame in the top 10?? They are 4-0, but they've played Rice, Michigan, Purdue, and Syracuse. Seriously?!?

Lucka the Irish my friend

Why the hell is Notre Dame in the top 10?? They are 4-0, but they've played Rice, Michigan, Purdue, and Syracuse. Seriously?!?

Lucka the Irish my friend

Let's just hope the Selection Committee, doesn't use the AP or Coaches Poll, but the criteria that is set in place for them!

If the SEC Champ comes out of the West Division, and it probably will, and has two losses the selection committee has to put them in the playoff dont they? I mean just surviving that division is enough.

Well two losses would leave a lot of room for others to maybe step in. IF you have only one loss conference champions from the other major conferences it would be hard to leave one out. I like to think a two loss champion from the west division gets in but it may not. A one loss champion regardless of west or east, I think gets in. The reason I say that is I believe UGA is the only team from the east capable of going through the league with only one loss. They would get into the playoff as the SEC champion.

If the SEC Champ comes out of the West Division, and it probably will, and has two losses the selection committee has to put them in the playoff dont they? I mean just surviving that division is enough.

If the Selection committee truly uses: strength of schedule, head-to-head results and results against common opponents, then yes a two loss SEC champion is in.

I agree that none of the current front-runners have played head-and-shoulders-above-all-others, yet. They all have issues this year. Finally, we get to watch the meat of the conference games being played(!) Should see some separation this weekend.

The ap poll is a joke. It's all about what have you done for me lately and a popularity contest. Wisconsin's ad said he doesn't look at them, thank god

depends on who it is..uat yes anyone else no

the gang of thieves has already decided who they want, its just a matter of those 4 teams not screwing it up

Every Thursday night, espn puts their top four and first two out. This week it's Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon.z and Texas a&m. Not sure how the aggies make it. That south Carolina win looks like nothing.fsu and us are first two out

well then....oregon loses,same thing every single year,no one that matters will be undefeated

Nobody is going undefeated this year. It just isn't going to happen. I still think the whole thing will sort itself out. We go through this angst every year but except for just one or two occasions it always worked like it was supposed to. I don't think it will be any different this year.

Oregon lost. UCLA could go undefeated from the PAC12.

I still think we will be undefeated.

ucla is overrated and will lose soon

UCLA gets dropped next week. Other than the Auburn/LSU split at the end of 2010 and start of 2011, Oregon hasn't lost back-to-back games since Mike Bellotti was the head coach. Since the start of 2011, average margin of victory coming off a loss: 25 ppg. I don't expect them to lose next week.

UCLA gets dropped next week. Other than the Auburn/LSU split at the end of 2010 and start of 2011, Oregon hasn't lost back-to-back games since Mike Bellotti was the head coach. Since the start of 2011, average margin of victory coming off a loss: 25 ppg. I don't expect them to lose next week.

Speaking of Mike Bellotti... Wonder if he'll still have Oregon in his top 4 today?

Archived