Bama @ Ole Miss

Barnacle

I think this is Ole Miss' best shot in recent years to beat Alabama. I've felt good about Ole Miss' chances this entire year, as Alabama hasn't played a defense this good yet, and I also think Ole Miss will be able to throw the ball on Alabama. It will all depend on how well Ole Miss can protect Bo Wallace, and which Bo Wallace shows up. Also not sure how Ole Miss is going to stop Cooper, but that's the same problem everyone will face this year.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wallace is their Achilles heel. He will singlehandedly get them beat. I think the only way Ole Sis beats them is if their defense plays out of their minds and forces a lot of turnovers.

Definitely the first team with a pulse that uat will play. However, Bo Wallace will make sure that Ole Miss loses. The only hope for Ole Miss is that uat has 4 turnovers again. I expect a low score for both teams. If Sims shreds up this D then we can actually start to talk about him as a legit QB. If Bo Wallace has a mistake free game then uat can start to worry about their future.

They needed 17 points in the 4th quarter just to beat Memphis 24-3. I don't think they have any shot this weekend.

They probably did not even practice for this game. I seriously doubt they were even thinking about Memphis.

They needed 17 points in the 4th quarter just to beat Memphis 24-3. I don't think they have any shot this weekend.

They probably did not even practice for this game. I seriously doubt they were even thinking about Memphis.

Just as KSU prepped for Auburn last spring, thru the summer, and into the fall, i imagine OM has done the same for bamr.

I thought Ole Miss had a chance to upset Bama before watching the Bama offense against Florida. Sims throws a good deep ball. He and Cooper have gotten in sync now that Sims has taken most of the reps. I still think it is possible for Ole miss to win, but I have a feeling this will be a momentum swing game. Whoever gets the early momentum in the game will have a good shot at winning unless a turnover quickly changes the MO. My hopeful prediction is Ole Miss by 7-10, but my most logical prediction is Bama by 2-3 scores.

this probably would be a time when i would say ole miss has a chance given my clairvoyant abilities i've showed thus far with underdogs, but no.........they don't

Just as KSU prepped for Auburn last spring, thru the summer, and into the fall, i imagine OM has done the same for bamr.

Regardless of how they prepared for Memphis, the #10 team in the country should not have only been up 7-3 going into the 4th quarter.

It's the best defensive team in the SEC against, to this point, the best offensive team in the SEC. It's just surprising that Ole Miss is the defensive side and Bama is the offensive side of that equation.

Ole Miss' defense is scary as hell. First in the SEC in total defense (248 ypg), scoring defense (8.5 ppg), pass efficiency defense (9 INTs already). Fourth in overall red zone defense (allowing scores on 7 of 10 trips) BUT first in red zone TD ratio, giving up only 2 TDs in 10 trips. In four games, Ole Miss has allowed, I think, four drives of more than 60 yards. Total. They're nasty. The only thing they don't really do a lot of is generate sacks. They're middling in that category, but they are all over the field. This will be the first real test for Sims and the Bama offense.

On the other side, I echo what everyone else has said. Wallace is schizo, and Ole Miss has no run game. If they get good Bo for four quarters, they have a shot to win (based on the aforementioned defense). If they get bad Bo for more than one quarter, he probably takes them out of the game altogether.

When Ole Miss is in the spotlight, they usually fall on their face.

No argument with this, but please don't forget the LSU game from last year. Wallace was mistake free, and the defense intercepted Mettenberger 3 times. That was a very, very talented LSU offense, and Ole Miss' defense is much improved from last year.

If you saw the Memphis game, there was a little more going on there. Ole Miss turned the ball over twice inside the 20 (hey there bad Bo Wallace!). Their kicker got kicked out for fighting after I think the first kickoff, and the backup missed two kicks under 40. Memphis had two drives over 35 yards all night. It was the most lopsided 7-3 you can imagine.

But still, I take your point. Ugly performance.

If they get bad Bo for more than one quarter, he probably takes them out of the game altogether.

This, but only because bad Bo could mean three turnovers in one quarter. It is simply amazing to me how bad he plays sometimes.

Wishing and hoping and dreaming, etc. But back to real life. This is THE biggest game in UM's recent (maybe ever) history. They are undefeated playing an undefeated and #1 or #2. GameDay will be in the Grove. All the hoop-la and distractions and Bo Wallace this week will put OleMiss back where they always end up - on the short end of the score. And it probably won't even be close. If it is close, BW or CHF will find a way to hand it to uat. We can all hope but reality is reality and OleMiss is not real - at least on this momentous occasion.

I think Ole Miss' defense is real, but yes I am still, and forever will be convinced that Bo Wallace is not a real person. They should just start DeVante Kincaid. But whatever, Hotty Toddy.

Ole miss has no run game and Bo Wallace is awful

Bingo! Wallace is like the Romo and Geno of CFB. He has what it takes but it's the same story with Bo Wallace each year...a bunch of hype. I watched most that horrible game they played with Memphis mostly because I had $$ on the line. That game was pathetic to watch and if wasn't for the Memphis coach not even trying to be aggressive throwing the football Ole Miss would've lost. Their defense is pretty solid but that offense is much to be desired. Treadwell is a beast but Wallace is normally good for at least 2 INTs in big games. I hope they pull it out but I see potential losses coming from Bama against teams like: Arky, A&M, Miss St. and Auburn.

Archived