Bama @ Ole Miss

Barnacle

I promise, the only love for Ole Miss in this thread will be coming from me, that being said. Best defense I've seen in the SEC this year. Physical, punch you in the mouth, fly to the ball defense will great hands in the secondary.

I don't doubt Ole Miss's defense one bit. I just wonder if it will be enough considering the lack of offense and/or the mistakes Bo Wallace will make. I think he'll be good for at least 2 INTs. If he can not do that...they have a great shot but i think not only will their defense have to play well but i think they'll need to generate at least one TD on defense to win b/c of Bo's mistakes; or from special teams. They have a good returner as well. Ole Miss D is going to have to generate some turnovers and/or a short field a majority of the time to make it a little easier for the offense. Bo doesn't need to be great to win this game...he just needs to play mistake free football.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, clearly Vegas sees something most of us don't with the line starting at -4.

Sometimes Vegas buys the hype too. Just like tonight with the Patriots. I took KC ML. Because it was Brady and Belichick...they are favs; not even taking into account the lack of Oline, WRs and horrible defense they have. Sometimes they miss the mark...particularly with CFB since there are so many games.

The media is yet again propping up uat. Old mrs is not a good team.

What's all this love for Ole Miss? They have played NOBODY. Of course their numbers look good.

Well, who has Bama played? Florida, who's probably got more losses down the road; Florida Atlantic? Southern Miss? It's not like Bama has played world-beaters, either.

All red herrings aside, WV and Fla wins are much better than what Ole Miss has done. Their "signature" win is against Memphis... and it was a one score game in the 4th due predominately to Bo Wallace.

Remember that the last few years Bama has started slow and gained momentum, Ole Miss has done the reverse.

The Freak, I have no idea why I'm carrying the Ole Miss banner (yes, I do, I'm a contrarian), but that's not correct on Ole Miss' progress through a season.

Last year, they started 3-3 and finished 5-2; in 2012, they never really had momentum. They started 3-3 and finished 4-3. So it's not really accurate to say they started hot and lost steam in either season. In fact, it's not accurate to say Ole Miss ever starts hot. They are 4-0 for the first time since Archie's senior year (1970). True story. This is rarefied air for the Rebels.

The Freak, I have no idea why I'm carrying the Ole Miss banner (yes, I do, I'm a contrarian), but that's not correct on Ole Miss' progress through a season.

Last year, they started 3-3 and finished 5-2; in 2012, they never really had momentum. They started 3-3 and finished 4-3. So it's not really accurate to say they started hot and lost steam in either season. In fact, it's not accurate to say Ole Miss ever starts hot. They are 4-0 for the first time since Archie's senior year (1970). True story. This is rarefied air for the Rebels.

True but it helps that they got their schedule oriented so they didn't have a tough game until #5....I'm afraid that 4 game winning streak will come to a halt unless Bo plays like the national media keeps saying he can.

Gotta feel a bit bad for him...lots of natural talent but just can't seem to put it all together for 60 minutes...well, actually for just the 30 or so minutes his offense on the field.

Ole Miss doesn't have a running game to help out the QB either and that will bite them on Saturday. Bo can air it out only so many times before he screws up and he has no running game to relieve him. They have the most talented defense in the conference and they are playing well thus far, but how long can they hold up to a stout, balanced offensive attack? There's some great football this weekend and this is gonna be a good one to watch.

Ole Miss doesn't have a running game to help out the QB either and that will bite them on Saturday. Bo can air it out only so many times before he screws up and he has no running game to relieve him. They have the most talented defense in the conference and they are playing well thus far, but how long can they hold up to a stout, balanced offensive attack? There's some great football this weekend and this is gonna be a good one to watch.

Great questions. Luckily for Ole Miss, the Alabama secondary has been very shaky this year.

Bama might win, but I don't think they'll crush old miss. If OM pulls the upset the west will be off to an extremely interesting start.

I think they would need to jump up big early then hold on to upset the turds.

Great questions. Luckily for Ole Miss, the Alabama secondary has been very shaky this year.

True - can Bo take advantage of that suspect secondary and can he sustain drives to get his defense some rest for the 2nd half? Gonna be a very interesting game to watch.

True - can Bo take advantage of that suspect secondary and can he sustain drives to get his defense some rest for the 2nd half? Gonna be a very interesting game to watch.

I just think people forget that he has played well in some big spots in the past. Those games just get overshadowed by his dumpster fire performances.

I told a Bama guy I know that I feel that Bo will throw 3 ints and Bama wins by 20.

I just do not see Ole miss having the offense to keep up with bama and I do not see ole miss stopping cooper.

So would you rather have a 3 year starting senior qb or a 5th year, bench riding qb starting his 5th game?

Ha, this is a harder question than it should be...

I'd take Bo, experience means alot, but man Sims is playing extremely well.

So would you rather have a 3 year starting senior qb or a 5th year, bench riding qb starting his 5th game?

I would take Sims (and his unknowns) over Bo and his terrible tendencies any day and twice on Saturdays.

Put Sims on that Ole Miss and then I would take Ole Miss over Bama in a heartbeat.

I told a Bama guy I know that I feel that Bo will throw 3 ints and Bama wins by 20.

I just do not see Ole miss having the offense to keep up with bama and I do not see ole miss stopping cooper.

well no one is going to stop Cooper. If Hargreaves can't do it, no one can, IMO. However, Ole Miss probably has as good a chance as any to throttle their passing game. But yeah, it will come down to Ole Miss' offense.

Can I have Amari Cooper, Derrick Henry, TJ Yeldon, and OJ Howard with my 5th year senior starting his 5th game? If so, I'd rather have that guy. Sims has played well, but Bama may have the best skill position mix in the country at the moment. UGA has almost zero outside threats. A&M might be on par, but I don't think their RBs really stack up. Sims is playing with a TON of talent around him.

It's a strange season. Bama's best players, easily, are all on the offensive side of the ball. On the defensive side, Landon Collins is about the only dude on that level.

I'll be interested to see if Bama can run the ball early and, if not, whether Kiffin has the patience to stick with it. I don't think they're good enough on the outside, even with Cooper, and at QB to win this game by throwing, throwing, throwing like they did against UF. If Ole Miss can stick the run early, I just wonder whether Bama will be patient enough to try to wear the Rebel defense down. If not, I think that would be a HUGE point in Ole Miss' favor.

well no one is going to stop Cooper. If Hargreaves can't do it, no one can, IMO. However, Ole Miss probably has as good a chance as any to throttle their passing game. But yeah, it will come down to Ole Miss' offense.

I agree.. But I just have no faith in Bo. It seems he always has a terrible half or quarter and he loses that game for Ole Miss with his decisions. I am not saying I think Bama's defense is great but they are ahead of Boise and Memphis that forced all kinds of problems. The Ole Miss defense can only do so much. I think they will play decent but I am banking on Bo giving Bama short fields often(ish).

But hey, if Bama turns it over like they did versus Florida, could be a good game.

I agree.. But I just have no faith in Bo. It seems he always has a terrible half or quarter and he loses that game for Ole Miss with his decisions. I am not saying I think Bama's defense is great but they are ahead of Boise and Memphis that forced all kinds of problems. The Ole Miss defense can only do so much. I think they will play decent but I am banking on Bo giving Bama short fields often(ish).

But hey, if Bama turns it over like they did versus Florida, could be a good game.

Right, and that's pretty much how I see it. If Ole Miss can move the ball with some consistency, and score a couple TDs, I think it will be a very tight game. Ole Miss' defense will keep them in the game. They did all they could last year, but Ole Miss couldn't move the ball to save their life, and also made some poor decisions in special teams. I expect that Freeze and the offense will be better prepared this year.

Ole Miss has to get pressure on Sims and contain the bama run game. Its ok if yeldon and company get 150 or so yards as long as you are not giving up 400 to Sims and Cooper. I look for bama to go to OJ Howard more in this game underneath and take pressure off Cooper. If Sims isnt pressured and can sit back there an pick them apart it will be a long day for the Rebs. I dont see bama losing this one but it would definitely turn the West on its head if they did.

Right, and that's pretty much how I see it. If Ole Miss can move the ball with some consistency, and score a couple TDs, I think it will be a very tight game. Ole Miss' defense will keep them in the game. They did all they could last year, but Ole Miss couldn't move the ball to save their life, and also made some poor decisions in special teams. I expect that Freeze and the offense will be better prepared this year.

Spot on. Freeze needs to take points this year if it comes up. Last year could have been 9-12ish ( i dont remember everything). 3 points is better than 0.

His coaching might cost him this game. I would put my money on Saban not losing this game or than Freeze losing the game. If Ole Miss plays solid all the way around, then they have a very good shot.

I am eager to see this Ole Miss front 7 vs Bama O Line. How will they fare vs a really athletic d line and not just 1 or 2 guys like the florida game

MOST of you guys know more about football than me. (And I letter 4 yrs in HS and coached a bit). I just do not think the black bears (hehehe) have the offense to move the ball for 4 quarters against uat. Their D is stout but should be gassed by mid 3rd. Just my humble opinion. I will be shocked if this is much of a game. On the other hand , I have been wrong before.....

Archived