Auburn vs LSU "This Is War"

RunInRed

One thing about this rivalry and why it works the way it does. LSU is rarely down and they always seem to have a good, if not excellent team that plays good. Auburn, on occasion has had some awful teams that just didn't play worth a flip. The years when AU is good it it usually a war. When Auburn is bad LSU wins handily. I think a good hard fought game would be good for this team.

Actually, they LSU looked good in the comeback win against Wisky & the almost comeback loss against Moo State. They have a lot of young athletes and they could still be a dangerous team. I'm hoping they can put it all together about the time they play uat(!)

I hope we bring our war faces. LSU is 7-3 in their last ten against us. Our wins were by 1, 4, and 7 points. The good news is that those wins were in JHS and were all by ten win teams. This team should be a ten win team. Let's bring it War Eagle

LSU did not look good at all in the only 2 real games they had against Wisco & Miss St ...[biggest knock on wood]

LSU has looked like an entirely different team when Branden Harris is playing QB. His first start will be against us. It will be interesting. All 7 drives Harris lead last week ended up in scores. LSU's defense has not been its usual outstanding self. I hope we can run the ball great against LSU and play a little keep away from them.

The way this series has gone, if AU simply cut and paste the KSU game into this one and comes away with an "ugly" 20-14 victory, I'll feel just fine.

Well the comeback that Harris engineered against Moo State was, I think, a combination of two things coming together at once. I think Moo State relaxed a little after they got that big lead. Second was that they had not prepared for Harris at all so he had the advantage of being unknown and doing things the defense was not ready for. LSU got some momentum and just about pulled it off. Now Auburn has film to study of Harris and knows he'll be the qb so they can plan for him and the things he brings to the offense.

Archived