Favorite Les Miles Quotes

AUpreacherman22

I thought this would be an appropriate topic for LSU week. There are so many to choose from.

The "gifted handoff" this week got me thinking about this.

I loved his "We're undefeated in regulation." From 2007.

What's your favorite Les Miles quote?

“Yeah, we call that mulling around.

Okay guys, come on now.

What we’re going to do early in this game is mull around, okay?

And later, we’re going call that monkey off our back play."

NOTE: In Auburn 2014, we call it "sandbagging". ;)

Quick question: How many posts before I can start a topic?

I forget. I think it's a topic in the help board. What did you want to post?

Just a thread talking about the great history of the series and highlighting some of the games.

Just a thread talking about the great history of the series and highlighting some of the games.

I'll start it for you. What did you want to call it? 'AU/LSU Tigers History' or something?

This thread has the potential to be epic ...

"It’d be said about my career at Michigan — it was a flop. I underplayed my own expectations. My head coach would’ve probably told me I overplayed my physical limitations. My point to you is there is no such thing as a flop that takes the field for our football team, just so you know. I’m proud of those men. How frickin’ easy it would’ve been to say it’s their night. How f---ing easy. Excuse my language. A spectacular group of men. You go find ’em, you put your arms around them and you give them a big kiss on the mouth — if you’re a girl.” — Miles went on a long post-game rant about his seniors after the 2012 Ole Miss game. The best part was the seamless transition between a raging rant and the punchline.

"I am the head coach at LSU. I will be the head coach at LSU. I have no interest in talking to anybody else. I got a championship game to play, and I’m excited for the opportunity of my damn strong football team to play in it. … There’ll be no questions for me. I represent me in this issue. Please ask me after. I'm busy. Thank you very much, have a great day!" — Numerous reports emerged linking Miles to the coaching job at his alma mater in 2007. Miles came out, delivered this short statement, and left the podium.

"I can tell you right now, here's what happens: two very quality teams take the field and compete like a son-of-a-bitch for victory. And you know what? It's not a hammer and a nail relationship. It's an opportunity for an opponent to be equal, and to raise the level of play in such a fashion that they win. And that's how this thing works. That, in fact, you respect the opponent, and he's not the hammer and he's not the frickin' nail. OK, he's the opponent. Understand? I'm just letting you know I resent that. I resent the fact that suddenly we were nailed. You got it? I mean, honest to petes.” — Miles took exception to a reporter’s "hammer and nail” analogy after the 2013 Florida game.

"As I made my way through what appeared to be a minefield of people, from the side, unbeknownst to me, there was a contact between a football player and a cheerleader, male I might add. That male cheerleader clipped me from the side as I was running full speed or slower than full speed, but generally, in the upper quadrant of speed. And I hit the ground pretty good.” — Miles was asked about his tumble coming out of the tunnel at Alabama in 2011. He broke it all down.

"Louisiana has a heritage of great players that play their high school football within the boundaries of Louisiana.” —Miles was quoted as saying this in 2005 at his introductory news conference.

http://www.tigerrag....t-quotes-at-lsu

And perhaps the all-time greatest ...

"I have a little tradition that humbles me as a man that lets me know I’m a part of the field and a part of the game, and it’s the very bottom as well as the very top. Yeah, it’s going to be all over the internet. You know what? You should’ve seen some games before this. I’ll tell you one thing, the grass at Tiger Stadium tastes best.” — Miles, on his green diet after LSU beat Alabama at home in 2010.

I'll start it for you. What did you want to call it? 'AU/LSU Tigers History' or something?

Thanks Britt. I will wait until 50 posts. Is Britt short for Brittany?

LOL. Nope.

I figured you were going for 50 posts; you'll get there pretty quickly.

Absolutely its short for Brittany. She can be a little moody at times

On defending Cam Newton in 2010:

"If I could have a spy no one could see, a guy on the field that didn't count, that would be a great answer."

Archived