Week 6 (Auburn vs. LSU) - SEC Teleconference

RunInRed

LSU HC Les Miles

Les Miles: "We realize a very talented Auburn team awaits us. Looking forward to that game."

Miles on QB Brandon Harris' 1st start: "We're preparing him for crowd noise and ability to communicate. Going to be a unique experience for him."

Miles on Harris: "This is a pretty special place. One that we can translate to him something he's experienced before."

Miles on Nick Marshall: "Improved tremendously, a guy who can make plays, put his team in the right spot."

Miles on #Auburn WR Duke Williams: "Those Louisiana guys enjoy staying home most of the time. ... Talented guy, having a great year"

Miles on playing frosh immediately: "If a young player can help our team be better, we play them."

Miles on frosh: "We always look for a young player to improve our team."

Miles on Auburn D: "Big, strong, mobile group. Can defend both the run and the pass. The idea that they return large # of veterans.."

Miles on offensive leader: "We like La'el Collins. Provided quality leadership offensively as a team."

Miles mentions Dillon Gordon as a leader as well and then mentions Fournette and Hilliard.

Miles asked about Arky's punter running 50 yds for FD: "Scheme was very capable. I commend that Arkansas team."

@DellengerAdv

Miles on MSU-AU similarities: "we'd best have improved from that game. Look forward to putting a man in those gaps. ... The good news is we've seen it."

@JamesCrepea

HC Gus Malzahn

Gus Malzahn now on the SEC teleconference. "I feel good about where we're at as a team. We've got a few guys that are a little banged up."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn: "We're a little banged up right now, we had a tough go of it last week and had a couple of guys that didn't finish the game."

Malzahn on DW: "When we recruited him we knew he could catch the ball and do things after that.… He's 1 of the hardest workers on our team."

Malzahn on Rhett Lashlee as an OC: "He's a winner, he's won everywhere he's been and one of the best in the business."

@AUBlog

Malzahn says they'll prepare for both quarterbacks this week from LSU

Malzahn says Cassanova McKinzy, Kris Frost and Pat Miller were all three at Tuesday practice and "did a little bit"

@ITATJason

Malzahn: Frost, McKinzy, Patrick Miller at practice, but "trying to be smart with them."

Malzahn on LSU DC John Chavis: "He's definitely one of the best in the business. He's makes you earn it."

@TheMikeHerndon

Malzahn on LSU QBs: "The young one (Harris) is extremely talented. ... (Jennings) can run their entire offense."

Malzahn: "It's possible" for Nick Marshall and Jeremy Johnson to play at QB. As it is every week.

@JamesCrepea

Malzahn: Still looking for guys to step up and rush the passer. Getting into a rhythm

@JimKleinpeter

Can someone tell me who all is banged up?

Our right tackle, Patrick Miller, and our two starting LBs, Cassanova McKinzy and Kris Frost. If there is a positive to the injuries, they mostly happened early so their backups all got a lot of reps (of course, we've gotten to play the backups a lot already this season, anyway).

Duke Williams (WR) and Jonathan Mincy (CB) got roughed up a bit, but they seem to be okay now.

Sammie Coates (WR) may or may not have recovered from his hammie issue.

Jermaine Whitehead (S) is indefinitely suspended. The guys behind him are possibly more talented, but one is relatively inexperienced and we'd love to be playing the other more at CB.

So AU equals MSU now?

If AU manhandles LSU like MSU did, then I'm fine with it.

If LSU is throwing a hail mary at the end to win it, I'll be in the middle of a heart attack.

I think Les should be looking to put 2-3 men in the gap. This way he will run out of defenders for other gaps! I do not see the game as being close. We will strike early and often for 4 full quarters. A lot of pent up frustration for the past 2 seasons.

AU 45

LSU 17

We tend to like that number "45"

So AU equals MSU now?

From and Offensive Scheme and Zone Read perspective yes, from a we do it our way not like anyone else, no. Also it has been said MSUs front 7 is having a heck of a year

So AU equals MSU now?

From and Offensive Scheme and Zone Read perspective yes, from a we do it our way not like anyone else, no. Also it has been said MSUs front 7 is having a heck of a year

I would take an msu like performance minus not taking the foot off the gas

Archived