Fox News Picks And Chooses it's "Terrorism" Targets

homersapien

I'll get to the reply after I get my girls in bed, but why the anonymous log in, Kass?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get to the reply after I get my girls in bed, but why the anonymous log in, Kass?

Ok. Anonymous log in? I didn't know I was.

Sure takes Ben a long time to get his girls in bed.

Maybe it included putting my wife to bed as well ;)

You are. Now I am too. Join the club. :D

What if by girls he wasn't referring to children or anyone related to him? I know women that refer to their boobs as the girls!

Then you would have to give the man props for the time.... or it was 2 minutes and he rolled over and fell asleep.

hahaha....look above

:bananadance: :bananadance:

But if you really must have some examples of "Christian terrorism" here's a list that even meets your temporal requirements:

http://www.alternet....right-white-men

In which one of those examples did the perpetrator claim to be doing his crime in the name of God? Which one claimed that the Bible justified it? Which one of those organized an army and tried to take over a country in the name of God and the Bible? Oh and I find it very ironic that Eric Holder was willing to call the second example in number 1 “an act of terrorism, an act of hatred", yet characterized the Ft. Hood Shooting as "workplace violence". My moms cousin was there that day. He was getting ready to ship out and took shelter under a desk along with another soldier just feet from the shooter. I promise he doesn't see it as workplace violence.

Are you trying to suggest that Christian terrorism doesn't exist?

In the examples you gave? Yes. I don't see the links to Christianity that are comparable to what is known as Islamic terrorism. With the Islamic terrorism it is always connected back to the koran or allah. The excuse given is always because allah said so or the koran said so. Kill the infidel and all that jazz. With the examples you just posted the author chooses to capitalize Christian Right like its a religion. There are no examples of the perp saying it was due to a verse in the Bible or because God or Jesus taught this is how to deal with unbelievers. Jesus and God in my experience say Christians should witness (talk) to non believers and carry the good news. Tell them Christ died for them on the cross. Not threaten to cut off their head if they don't convert to Christianity. Christianity is all about free will, not forced conversion.

Do you know of any Christian nation who are currently fighting a war in order to force the conversion of a population into Christianity? I don't. If you do please inform me of it. I am open minded and waiting. I have nothing against muslims who wish to be peaceful. I know they exist, Dr. Qanta Ahmed is prime example. If the interpretation of the Koran that she uses is the interpretation of the majority of Muslims then Islam is indeed a religion of peace. If the interpretation used by the most visible Muslims is the correct then it is a "religion" of terror. Therein lies the problem with those who wish to paint Christians as terrorists. If there is terrorism in Christianity it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. You can't swing a cat without finding terrorism in islam.

So again, where is the proof that your examples were done in the name of Christianity?

Forget those examples. I was looking for something contemporary and I didn't know the "rules" for holding Christians responsible for their political and/or religious acts of terror. So rather than parse each of those examples I'll just offer a fairly recent example.

http://www.armyofgod...illonepage.html

Surely they provide enough Christian attribution.

Here's some general info on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia....stian_terrorism

http://www.religious...rg/tomek34d.htm

http://www.commdigin...n-muslims-9691/

Can I presume that it's unnecessary to delve further back in history to review massacres, torture, etc. done explicitly in the name of Christianity?

After all my point is to prove a point, not to establish equivalence. It is quite obvious that Islam is where the problem is. But it's not just the Koran. It's religious xenophobia in general. And the bible provides plenty of the same if one is inclined to look for it. That inclination comes from factors external to religion itself IMO.

LOL! You and 78 are like a little boys in the peanut gallery.

At least you have enough sense not to interfere with Kass. ;D

LOL! You and 78 are like a little boy peanut gallery. ;D

You can't see the forest for the trees. :-\

Not going to let those 'crickets' chirp in your absence are you? ;D

Not going to let those 'crickets' chirp in your absence are you? ;D

I picked up a 10lb rock in the backyard, spoke a few words to it and got nothing..........

Editing text on the iPad 3 sucks since I updated. I was unable to break the text up into blocks, so I migrated over to my PC.

Right, I read that and like I said its as close as any of the examples come to being terrorists using the claim of being Christians. They are terrorists, but I would label them anti abortion terrorists. The only thing they are concerned with is abortion. They are not trying to convert anyone to Christianity nor are they saying that they are following the teachings of Jesus by doing what they are doing.

Indeed. They believe they are doing God's work by killing abortion Doctors, just like the radical Islamists believe they are doing Allah's by striking against infidels.

As to your assertion that are they are not saying they are following the teachings of Jesus; they call themselves the "Army of God." Read into that what you will. :big:/>

I looked all over the internet and finally found a so called "manual" written by these people. It is crazy and sickening in the way they twist and pervert scriptures but they never claim they are doing it for Christianity. That is the difference between islamic terrorists and the Army of God. Islamic terrorists are doing it in the name of allah or to force people into conversion. They are concerned only with people not following the koran and shariah law. The aog is only concerned with abortion.

I contend the Army of God does believe they are commiting violence in the name of God. Note the text I bolded above in their manifesto. They believe the violence they are exacting is God's work. They phrased it "Godly action."

Indeed. They believe they are doing God's work by killing abortion Doctors, just like the radical Islamists believe they are doing Allah's by striking against infidels.

There was a guy I knew from college (knew him only to say "hello") who murdered an abortion doctor about 20 years ago. He was doing so "in the name of God" and was unrepentant. His pastors explained to him that his act was gross sin, a crime of the highest order, and that he should repent to the doctor's family, God and the community. He was justifiably executed for his crime. All others who act similarly should suffer the same fate.

The problem with identifying individuals as "Christian radicals" is that they are few and far between and have not had a massive impact upon America as have the Islamists. On 9/11/01 Muslims killed 3,000 Americans and because of such destroyed the US economy overnight. ISIS is a true army that has murdered thousands and seized gigantic land masses from two separate countries and put $100's of millions of dollars in their coffers from theft, extortion, and selling women into slavery. Individual "lone wolves" are beginning to emerge every so often in response to the Islamist's call to attack the great Satan and have succeeded. In contrast, "The Army of God", which is an affiliation of people, not a true army, has limited influence. The two groups do not even compare in negative impact upon America. The issue is that the Obama administration, news media and other liberals refuse to identify Islamists for who they are yet readily identify the "Christian" malcontents. Justice is not equitable by the Obama administration.

America is about 75-80% Christian and 0.7% Muslim (zero point 7 per cent). Which of the two groups has had the disproportionate destructive impact on our homeland ? The Muslims of course. Oh, I forgot, Obama has declared America a Muslim nation.

There was a guy I knew from college (knew him only to say "hello") who murdered an abortion doctor about 20 years ago. He was doing so "in the name of God" and was unrepentant. His pastors explained to him that his act was gross sin, a crime of the highest order, and that he should repent to the doctor's family, God and the community. He was justifiably executed for his crime. All others who act similarly should suffer the same fate.

The problem with identifying individuals as "Christian radicals" is that they are few and far between and have not had a massive impact upon America as have the Islamists. On 9/11/01 Muslims killed 3,000 Americans and because of such destroyed the US economy overnight. ISIS is a true army that has murdered thousands and seized gigantic land masses from two separate countries and put $100's of millions of dollars in their coffers from theft, extortion, and selling women into slavery. Individual "lone wolves" are beginning to emerge every so often in response to the Islamist's call to attack the great Satan and have succeeded. In contrast, "The Army of God", which is an affiliation of people, not a true army, has limited influence. The two groups do not even compare in negative impact upon America. The issue is that the Obama administration, news media and other liberals refuse to identify Islamists for who they are yet readily identify the "Christian" malcontents. Justice is not equitable by the Obama administration.

America is about 75-80% Christian and 0.7% Muslim (zero point 7 per cent). Which of the two groups has had the disproportionate destructive impact on our homeland ? The Muslims of course. Oh, I forgot, Obama has declared America a Muslim nation.

Too much sanity in your response for the islamic excuse makers who wont be satisfied until someone...ANYONE preferably Christian is portrayed as "just as bad". In all of this, I would ask, do those who terrorize abortion clinics lop off the womens' heads who insist on having an abortion or the Drs. heads who are performing these abotuiions?. What is interesting to me is seeing so many folks make equivalency excuses for Islamic extremists. Another question is, how do you make an equivalency excuse using an anti-abortion extremist when islamists also approve of honor killings wherein it is perfectly legal under Sharia law for one to kill their own children if they have embarrassed or humiliated their parents?

Too much sanity in your response for the islamic excuse makers who wont be satisfied until someone...ANYONE preferably Christian is portrayed as "just as bad". In all of this, I would ask, do those who terrorize abortion clinics lop off the womens' heads who insist on having an abortion or the Drs. heads who are performing these abotuiions?. What is interesting to me is seeing so many folks make equivalency excuses for Islamic extremists. Another question is, how do you make an equivalency excuse using an anti-abortion extremist when islamists also approve of honor killings wherein it is perfectly legal under Sharia law for one to kill their own children if they have embarrassed or humiliated their parents?

What a bunch of lies and distortions.

First, no one has suggested that Christian-motivated violence is as bad as Islamic violence. That's just another straw man extrapolation that is so typical of you.

The point is that "Christian violence" existed in the past (on a macro scale) and still exists - even if only a much much smaller scale. Now you may not understand the significance of that, but it serves to disarm the argument that religious extremism is unique to Islam.

To think otherwise is compounding the problem, much less suggesting any sort of solution. In fact, it caters to the xenophobic goals of the Islamic terrorists.

You are. Now I am too. Join the club. :D

I think I fixed it. No idea when I did it but OH Well! lol

But if you really must have some examples of "Christian terrorism" here's a list that even meets your temporal requirements:

http://www.alternet....right-white-men

In which one of those examples did the perpetrator claim to be doing his crime in the name of God? Which one claimed that the Bible justified it? Which one of those organized an army and tried to take over a country in the name of God and the Bible? Oh and I find it very ironic that Eric Holder was willing to call the second example in number 1 “an act of terrorism, an act of hatred", yet characterized the Ft. Hood Shooting as "workplace violence". My moms cousin was there that day. He was getting ready to ship out and took shelter under a desk along with another soldier just feet from the shooter. I promise he doesn't see it as workplace violence.

Are you trying to suggest that Christian terrorism doesn't exist?

In the examples you gave? Yes. I don't see the links to Christianity that are comparable to what is known as Islamic terrorism. With the Islamic terrorism it is always connected back to the koran or allah. The excuse given is always because allah said so or the koran said so. Kill the infidel and all that jazz. With the examples you just posted the author chooses to capitalize Christian Right like its a religion. There are no examples of the perp saying it was due to a verse in the Bible or because God or Jesus taught this is how to deal with unbelievers. Jesus and God in my experience say Christians should witness (talk) to non believers and carry the good news. Tell them Christ died for them on the cross. Not threaten to cut off their head if they don't convert to Christianity. Christianity is all about free will, not forced conversion.

Do you know of any Christian nation who are currently fighting a war in order to force the conversion of a population into Christianity? I don't. If you do please inform me of it. I am open minded and waiting. I have nothing against muslims who wish to be peaceful. I know they exist, Dr. Qanta Ahmed is prime example. If the interpretation of the Koran that she uses is the interpretation of the majority of Muslims then Islam is indeed a religion of peace. If the interpretation used by the most visible Muslims is the correct then it is a "religion" of terror. Therein lies the problem with those who wish to paint Christians as terrorists. If there is terrorism in Christianity it is like looking for a needle in a haystack. You can't swing a cat without finding terrorism in islam.

So again, where is the proof that your examples were done in the name of Christianity?

Forget those examples. I was looking for something contemporary and I didn't know the "rules" for holding Christians responsible for their political and/or religious acts of terror. So rather than parse each of those examples I'll just offer a fairly recent example.

http://www.armyofgod...illonepage.html

Surely they provide enough Christian attribution.

Here's some general info on the subject.

http://en.wikipedia....stian_terrorism

http://www.religious...rg/tomek34d.htm

http://www.commdigin...n-muslims-9691/

Can I presume that it's unnecessary to delve further back in history to review massacres, torture, etc. done explicitly in the name of Christianity?

After all my point is to prove a point, not to establish equivalence. It is quite obvious that Islam is where the problem is. But it's not just the Koran. It's religious xenophobia in general. And the bible provides plenty of the same if one is inclined to look for it. That inclination comes from factors external to religion itself IMO.

No that's enough. I will give you the aog but I still maintain that it is not the same as the radical Muslim groups that have popped up. I see aog as kind of like Westboro. Kooky and incompetent, more of something to scorn and laugh at than take seriously. I am sorry I thought you were trying to make them equivalent; now I get what you meant.

Even conceding though I believe the religious xenophobia is becoming very much two sided. Outside of the south and some places within now, if you say you go to church or are a Christian people look down on you and you immediately loose about 20 IQ points. It is wrong no matter which way it goes, but recently more and more people are afraid to challenge those who practice the Muslim faith, but have no problem demonizing Christians. Its a sad situation no matter how you look at it.

In the town I live in we have 3 gas stations within 150 feet of each other. One of those stations was owned by the nicest man, Saed. He lived here when 9/11 occurred but no one ever treated him differently that I am aware of. He is Muslim and his whole family was just sweet. One day about two years ago, the gas station down the road had the gall to put on their sign "American owned and operated" . The whole town new it was a dig at Saed; the man who owned that store was just nasty. I don't think I have been that angry in a long time, but it didn't take long before the town managed to make the bigoted man sell his business, we all stopped using it. That is what I am used to and it angers me to hear people say America is full of bigots. I know there are some but I refuse to believe they are the majority. To hear the dem party tell it though we are an amazingly backward nation and make North Korea look progressive.

Most violence in the name of Christianity seems to take place in less developed nations. The friction in Ireland between Catholics and Protestants has always seemed ridiculous to me. Of course earlier in American history the problem with Catholics always seemed to be ridiculous to me as well. My view is practice what you want, when you want and how you want. I may not agree with it but it doesn't offend me. As a matter of fact I think the more exposure the public has to the teachings of each religion the less bigotry will occur. Most people fear what they don't understand, and seems alien to them. Once they are exposed to it the fear lessens if not goes away. That is why I believe those who practice Islam as they claim it should be practiced, a religion of peace, should speak up and take their religion back, because what we are being exposed to is only violence and terror, hate, fear, threats against us for not being of the same religion.

LOL! You and 78 are like a little boys in the peanut gallery.

At least you have enough sense not to interfere with Kass. ;D

Aw...am I that bad? :sad2:

Translation: Libs have no reply. (Cue crickets)...

Archived