Barack Ebola

AUisAll

A classic case of taking a good idea (taking care of one's health through healthy eating and lifestyle) and elevating it to a place that's out of proportion. This kooky, blanket mistrust of modern medicine is a complete overreaction. People like this weary me.

No problem. Clearly you have no idea what Im even talking about. Best of luck to you.

I have plenty of idea. I can Google as well you can. I just don't go alarmist and write off modern medicine or science as a result of what I find and read.

"Medical errors" are not the same as "modern medicine." That humans make preventable errors in treatment (giving the wrong dosage of medicine, leaving a surgical sponge inside a patient, etc) does not discredit the designated treatment or medicine used to help people recover. Logic 101.

Good. So you also have no problem with hospital error..call it whatever works best for you..modern medicine or medical error being the THIRD leading cause of death in America? OK, you depend on them. I'll make my own decisions about who and what I am going to depend on. is that OK with you?

Good. So you also have no problem with hospital error..

Another logic fail. You're batting a thousand, Mensa Candidate.

call it whatever works best for you..modern medicine or medical error

I'd rather call it what it is...human medical error. It's called being truthful and accurate rather than alarmist and irrational.

If I have appendicitis, then I'm going to have to have my appendix removed. If in the course of removing my appendix, the surgeon accidentally leaves a gauze pad in my abdomen and I develop an infection, that does not change the fact that modern medicine has identified the correct treatment for appendicitis. His human error, which is important and needs to be dealt with properly by wholesale re-evaluation of procedures, double and triple checking by multiple people and so on, does not discredit medical consensus on appendicitis.

If a child develops a bacterial infection and isn't able to kick the infection on their own with healthy eating, rest and whatever, then a course of antibiotics may be required. If the hospital administers a dose that is too much for the child based on their age and weight and the child gets sicker or dies, that does not mean that the proper treatment for that particular bacterial infection is no longer a course of a certain antibiotic. Modern medical consensus has not been discredited. Hospital procedures and checks have been called into question, but not the treatment itself.

being the THIRD leading cause of death in America? OK, you depend on them. I'll make my own decisions about who and what I am going to depend on. is that OK with you?

I never said one word about what you choose to do for yourself. You can go live in a hippie commune, manufacturer your own natural treatments from elderberries and visit a witch doctor for all I care...for yourself. I'm just calling bull**** on your blanket indictment of "modern medicine" over human error.

Evidently you dont like that because when you're not wasting a tremendous amount of time in here, you claim to work in the medical profession. Your prolonged participation in this forum doesn't provide much reassurance that the medical community can be trusted. You seem to have an awful lot of time to do nothing.

Now that's just embarrassingly sad and pathetic. :no:

Nobody has tried to fill that void with ANYTHING but taking full responsibility for MY well being.

The next time i even take an aspirin will be the first time in 25 years. I am retired and in better health than most people I know who are half my age. So take your whines to someone advocating a stupid alternative.That would not be me, but I am definitely NOT depending on any physician or hospital for my well being.

Wow, it must be amazing to be immune to random accidents! That makes you a certified super-hero - or at least a possessor of super powers.

Unfortunately, I - like most people- am not so blessed. My last visit to the ER included four fractured ribs, a fractured scapula and various contusions. I thought the level of care was exceptional. Life-saving even.

It has everything to do with what is being discussed. The ebola issue is being vastly underestimated as is everything else by this administration.

Hospitals at large are not "this administration."

Just so you know, I dont take ANY medication..NONE and I dont need to nor does a large percentage of people taking prescription drugs religiously.

I bet your mind will change PDQ if you ever require one of those evil medications to keep you alive.

I refuse to be a pawn in big pharma's racket and focus on being well not taking pills to get well. The problem you have is you believe that the only way to be healthy is to take medications. I cant fault you for that, that's the allopathic way..take a pill to remediate the symptom and if that don't work surgically remove it.

:bs: Do you actually believe the utter stupidity you just spouted? You sound like you've spent a bit too much time on homeopathy websites for your own good.

How about actually debating me instead of the caraciture in your head? I prefer to defend my own positions rather than your twisted version of them.

Hah! Good luck with that. :-\

Illegals, which are already breaking our laws by merely being here , hence the name - ILLEGAL , are still seen by the open borders crowd as being pure as the wind driven snow.

Even the diseases they track into our country and then disperse into our population can't be discussed, debated and no blame, what so ever, can be placed on the illegals themselves. The fine Federal govt policy makers or employees can never be held accountable. For anything.

To do so is show everyone how stupid you are, and that you lack the basic ability to read and or write.

A classic case of taking a good idea (taking care of one's health through healthy eating and lifestyle) and elevating it to a place that's out of proportion. This kooky, blanket mistrust of modern medicine is a complete overreaction. People like this weary me.

No problem. Clearly you have no idea what Im even talking about. Best of luck to you.

I have plenty of idea. I can Google as well you can. I just don't go alarmist and write off modern medicine or science as a result of what I find and read.

"Medical errors" are not the same as "modern medicine." That humans make preventable errors in treatment (giving the wrong dosage of medicine, leaving a surgical sponge inside a patient, etc) does not discredit the designated treatment or medicine used to help people recover. Logic 101.

Good. So you also have no problem with hospital error..call it whatever works best for you..modern medicine or medical error being the THIRD leading cause of death in America? OK, you depend on them. I'll make my own decisions about who and what I am going to depend on. is that OK with you?

CLASSIC BlueVue. :-\

well it is far more widespread now. TB was here too. My overall point was that these illegals are kicking it into Hugh gear.

I'm aware of how widespread it is. Our PICU is loaded with patients infected with it. There is absolutely no evidence linking the recent outbreak to illegal immigration.

Of course to the open border crowd like you no big deal.

Nice strawman.

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America. I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

Well, not according to the CDC. I wonder, who knows more about heath, Blue or the CDC, FOX and talk radio or healthcare professionals? Hmmm.

Do you happen to have a source Blue?

well it is far more widespread now. TB was here too. My overall point was that these illegals are kicking it into Hugh gear.

I'm aware of how widespread it is. Our PICU is loaded with patients infected with it. There is absolutely no evidence linking the recent outbreak to illegal immigration.

Nice strawman.

And with all your assurances, hospital error is the 3rd leading cause of death in America. I don't think I put much stock in anything the CDC or the medical community has to say about disease, where it came from or how to contain it.

Well, not according to the CDC. I wonder, who knows more about heath, Blue or the CDC, FOX and talk radio or healthcare professionals? Hmmm.

The sources are out there:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/leahbinder/2013/09/23/stunning-news-on-preventable-deaths-in-hospitals/

http://journals.lww.com/journalpatientsafety/Fulltext/2013/09000/A_New,_Evidence_based_Estimate_of_Patient_Harms.2.aspx

The issue isn't the source or the claims they make. The issue is the illogical conclusions Blue is drawing from them.

Your responses typify EVERYTHING that is wrong with modern medicine. Its total emphasis is after the fact with no attention whatsoever to avoiding the lifestyle that puts people in that compromised position of having to depend on incompetents.

There you go again. I prefer to defend my own arguments, not your twisted version.

How they ended up in the hospital is unimportant. They come in sick. We treat them. Of course we pay attention to lifestyle. My physician hassled me about my smoking up until I quit. Every doctor worth his salt encourages a healthy lifestyle.

Another issue is that I work in a children's hospital. For the most part, we deal with infections, trauma and congenital illness. Not exactly much that can be done as far as preventive care.

As an after thought, it sure is nice to hear some are going home better off than when they checked in. Fact is quite a few, to the tune of accounting for the 3rd leading cause of death in America, are not!

They would not be better off avoiding the hospital entirely. A life threatening condition isn't treatable with wishful thinking.

Nice strawman.

The sources are out there:

http://www.forbes.co...s-in-hospitals/

http://journals.lww....nt_Harms.2.aspx

The issue isn't the source or the claims they make. The issue is the illogical conclusions Blue is drawing from them.

Well maybe Blue is right for a change. The Forbes article claims 440,000 per year. That's over 1,200 per day. I'm not going to the hospital any time soon unless my condition is already life threatening.

Sorry Blue.

Odd. I only thought the kind of things mentioned above happened in VA's? Least that is what people said when I mentioned the exact same type of issues are going on in hospitals outside the VA.

Archived