Well, Bo Wallace is absolutely right about one thing...

boisnumber1

Check out the headline. Dead on:

http://sports.yahoo....-163042596.html

Bo Wallace says Alabama media are 'like fans of Bama"

Mississippi quarterback Bo Wallace passes in the first half of an NCAA college football game against …

Before last year's game against Alabama, Ole Miss QB Bo Wallace said his team could put points on Alabama (or anyone for that matter) and the matchup between the Rebels and Crimson Tide would be a close game.

He also said the week before the game that his team had better receivers outside than Texas A&M, a team that had fallen 49-42 to Alabama two weeks before.

Wallace's words were not prescient. Alabama shut out Ole Miss 25-0 in Tuscaloosa, Ala., on September 28. Wallace finished 17-31 passing for 159 yards.

His comments got a lot of attention, both before and after the game. Wallace remembers the attention.

"I was just showing confidence in our players," Wallace told CBS Sports."They just turned it around as much as they could. Their media is like fans of Bama."

It's not just an Alabama phenomenon; local media across the country can have a tendency to lean to the team it primarily covers. But you can bet that it'll be chuckled at heartily in newsrooms across the state even if there may be a semblance of truth for some.

When previewing this year's game during his media availabilty this week, Wallace made no statements resembling last years' when he was asked about the shellacking. Saturday's game is much bigger game for the Rebels' than last year's was. With a home win, Ole Miss would vault into the conversation for not only the SEC West title but the College Football Playoff as well.

"I just think we’re a different offense than we were last year,” Wallace said. “I think that our guys have matured. Our young guys, that was one of their first big tests, going into Bama and having to play them. So those guys have matured and are making great plays and we’re getting the run game together at the right time. Had a real good rushing game last week so we’re just going to go out and play ball and see what happens."

Faulkner was the last person to pass as a writer anywhere near Oxford. Including Grisham. IMO it's very, very odd that this Ole Miss team is receiving so much respect. Did any media watch them blunder past Memphis unconvincingly just a week ago?

Faulkner was the last person to pass as a writer anywhere near Oxford. Including Grisham. IMO it's very, very odd that this Ole Miss team is receiving so much respect. Did any media watch them blunder past Memphis unconvincingly just a week ago?

I did ...

Media again building up uat game that will be very much like Fla game. So very typical.

Just like when the criminal turd played Michigan that year for the first game. They built up the Wolverines like they were a top three team.

Just like when the criminal turd played Michigan that year for the first game. They built up the Wolverines like they were a top three team.

And Penn State....and Virginia Tech...and so on....

are you dissing grisham?

I know Ole Miss fans are eating up the fake love the media is giving them this week on account of their playing bama. It's rare that they get any, and ESPN is in Oxford for game day for the first time ever. I hope they enjoy the whoop tee doo. But so far the only thing Ole Miss has done to claim any accomplishments is beat Boise St, and that's the most over rated perrenially hyped team in history. Boise St spends 9 months preparing for one non conference game, always played early in the year, and then claims they should be in the NC hunt for the rest of the season for beating absolutely nobody.

I know people are saying that Ole Miss now knows how to rise to the occasion but I can't think of any occasions they've risen to in ages. And they're not likely to Sat either. It will be about like AL/FL was.

Now Miss St/ TAnM on the other hand could be a real hum dinger. It could be the best game of the 3 top 15 match ups in the SEC on Sat.

I personally hope Ole Miss rises to the occasion and leaves MissState with some EGG on their faces in a few weeks. Anything can happen in the Egg Bowl, and the timing would be JUST! ABOUT! PERFECT!

:wareagle:

Archived