Oregon vs Arizona

WFE12

I don't see any team that is dominate in CFB. We just need to WIN...no matter how pretty or ugly. We just need to find a way to get through our schedule with no more than 1 loss. 1 game at a time and it starts with LSWho.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arizona is a pretty solid team. That's a tough scheme to stop and Oregon's offense just didn't look like it was clicking all night. I still see Oregon making the playoffs because UCLA is extremely overrated and it looks like Stanford, Arizona State, and USC are no better than top 15 teams.

I grew to like Oregon after the BCS National Championship against them, but Oregon does this. They blow out everyone until they run across a defense with a pulse. That team is often Stanford, who generally holds their offense well below their averages. Aside from their 2010 team, they always seem to lose a game that they shouldn't.

I don't see any team that is dominate in CFB. We just need to WIN...no matter how pretty or ugly. We just need to find a way to get through our schedule with no more than 1 loss. 1 game at a time and it starts with LSWho.

Yep....and history has shown in recent years that we have too few undefeated teams at the end of regular season rather than too many.

Meanwhile,, the PAC will likely be trying to figure how they can get a one-loss team into the playoff...after watching parts of a few games, it's hard to see Ariz and UCLA going all the way and of course, like in the SEC, one or the other will lose at least one game. But, you had to figure the Ducks could be had after Wazou ( which usually has no defense), sacked Mariota 7 times last week.

The Oregon OL seems to be their downfall......along with the dropped passes......wait a minute..where have we heard that? :-\

JMO but if we take care of our business.....we won't have to pray for upsets somewhere every week. AU could not have a better route to the playoff...the chance to eliminate just about every major competitor now...except Okla.

Yep....and history has shown in recent years that we have too few undefeated teams at the end of regular season rather than too many.

Meanwhile,, the PAC will likely be trying to figure how they can get a one-loss team into the playoff...after watching parts of a few games, it's hard to see Ariz and UCLA going all the way and of course, like in the SEC, one or the other will lose at least one game. But, you had to figure the Ducks could be had after Wazou ( which usually has no defense), sacked Mariota 7 times last week.

The Oregon OL seems to be their downfall......along with the dropped passes......wait a minute..where have we heard that? :-\

JMO but if we take care of our business.....we won't have to pray for upsets somewhere every week. AU could not have a better route to the playoff...the chance to eliminate just about every major competitor now...except Okla.

We win the conference championship with only one loss, we get in to the playoff. Two losses is an iffy proposition.

Arizona is a pretty solid team. That's a tough scheme to stop and Oregon's offense just didn't look like it was clicking all night. I still see Oregon making the playoffs because UCLA is extremely overrated and it looks like Stanford, Arizona State, and USC are no better than top 15 teams.

Oregon will lose at least 2 more. AZ is not a good team. Their D is flat out bad. They needed a miracle hail mary to beat an awful Cal team. Oregon needed the refs help to pull out a win over a terrible WSU team. Oregon is not a playoff team, not a top 10 team. They dont click because they arent what the media promotes them to be. They are Mariota and nothing else.

I heard one of the talking heads on Fox Sports complain about the unsportsmanlike call on Oregon late in the game saying that bowing is a sign of respect, not taunting. While that is true, the unsportsmanlike call was not taunting but calling attention to oneself and it was definitely that. There was no reason for him to run down the field for about 30 yards then stop and bow towards his sideline. I agree with the call. What do y'all think?

I heard one of the talking heads on Fox Sports complain about the unsportsmanlike call on Oregon late in the game saying that bowing is a sign of respect, not taunting. While that is true, the unsportsmanlike call was not taunting but calling attention to oneself and it was definitely that. There was no reason for him to run down the field for about 30 yards then stop and bow towards his sideline. I agree with the call. What do y'all think?

Anyone who would say this was a bad call is an numbskull imo. The guy ran down to midfield and took some Asian-looking bow, or whatever it was. He left the refs no choice but to throw a flag. Anyone with a football pulse knows that's a penalty. Yeah it's a shame the penalty was at a criticial point, but its the moron player on Oregon's fault, not the refs. What an idiotic move by that player.

Oregon will lose at least 2 more. AZ is not a good team. Their D is flat out bad. They needed a miracle hail mary to beat an awful Cal team. Oregon needed the refs help to pull out a win over a terrible WSU team. Oregon is not a playoff team, not a top 10 team. They dont click because they arent what the media promotes them to be. They are Mariota and nothing else.

x2

Anyone who would say this was a bad call is an numbskull imo. The guy ran down to midfield and took some Asian-looking bow, or whatever it was. He left the refs no choice but to throw a flag. Anyone with a football pulse knows that's a penalty. Yeah it's a shame the penalty was at a criticial point, but its the moron player on Oregon's fault, not the refs. What an idiotic move by that player.

yes it's a penalty but i've seen worse this year and it hasn't been called...when it gets that late in the game just let the teams play...don't decide it on a call like that

yes it's a penalty but i've seen worse this year and it hasn't been called...when it gets that late in the game just let the teams play...don't decide it on a call like that

This had nothing to do with "letting the team's play". It wasn't even during a play. It was decided on a call like that, as you say, because the UO player did it. Typical blame someone else instead of who did it response though.

This had nothing to do with "letting the team's play". It wasn't even during a play. It was decided on a call like that, as you say, because the UO player did it. Typical blame someone else instead of who did it response though.

calm down!!! i said it was a penalty...i'm not disputing that...since it's outside of an actual play why call it...i can see if he showed up the Arizona sideline by doing that...he did it to his own sideline...even if it wasn't called the result may have turned out the same way cause Oregon did not play a great game

I'm the same. It's definitely a penalty, but in that spot, I thought it was a crap call. Swallow the whistle and let the two teams decide the game. Arizona was probably going to take the lead even after the sack, and it would've made Scooby's play even bigger. By rule, it's a penalty, no question. Personally, I hated the call. I was watching the game to see the guys perform on the field. Give the kid a warning and move on.

I'm the same. It's definitely a penalty, but in that spot, I thought it was a crap call. Swallow the whistle and let the two teams decide the game. Arizona was probably going to take the lead even after the sack, and it would've made Scooby's play even bigger. By rule, it's a penalty, no question. Personally, I hated the call. I was watching the game to see the guys perform on the field. Give the kid a warning and move on.

Who knows what went on before...but if the rule is going to be in the book, the officials must have the guts to call it....no matter when it occurs. To ignore something that obvious IMO is worse than calling it....though as noted, seems the PAC officials make SEC guys look pretty good.

calm down!!! i said it was a penalty...i'm not disputing that...since it's outside of an actual play why call it...i can see if he showed up the Arizona sideline by doing that...he did it to his own sideline...even if it wasn't called the result may have turned out the same way cause Oregon did not play a great game

im perfectly calm and dont see any reason for you to tell me how to act. Maybe take your own advice?

64, I watched the game. He hadn't done anything like that all night. I think the refs flagged it because they already penalized Arizona on a similar celebration-type penalty in the first half. Apparently, the Pac-12 made it a "point of emphasis" for this season. Personally, I thought the penalty had a larger impact on the game than his action warranted. I get why they called it. It's just that I like my punishment to fit the crime. It's certainly not the reason why Oregon lost, but I bet that kid feels like it is.

That's kind of how I felt as well. If it was earlier in the game then...yea but don't let a call like that decide the game. But at the same time players have to be smarter.

Score, give the ball to the ref, and then get to your sideline to celebrate with your teammates. The Gus Bus way and you won't get a penalty period.

Personally, I hate all of the showboating garbage (just MY opinion) and wish these "entertainers" would just play football, but I digress.

I will say, though, that what he did last night was more "blatant" than whatever Fairley did in the IB that drew a flag in 2010. There is a rule. He should know the rule. ...and furthermore he should act like he's been there before.

Again, just my opinion. Not agreeing or disagreeing specifically with anyone.

That's kind of how I felt as well. If it was earlier in the game then...yea but don't let a call like that decide the game. But at the same time players have to be smarter.

Personally I thought Excessive Celebrating could of been called all game long on the Ducks if the ref's had so desired. Almost every time even a defensive player made a rather routine stop, their arms went to the sky, they paraded around for the fans, and waved their hands inward beckoning to the crowds, as if saying looky-at-me.

Who knows what went on before...but if the rule is going to be in the book, the officials must have the guts to call it....no matter when it occurs. To ignore something that obvious IMO is worse than calling it....though as noted, seems the PAC officials make SEC guys look pretty good.

No different than the call against the Arizona DB earlier in the game that helped set up an Oregon score. It's a wash. Just shows the media love affair with Oregon.

Archived