Fraternities Promote Rape Culture

Texan4Auburn

Interesting piece. I was in one at Auburn during first degree. Heard rumors, especially about roofies, for a few here now. The guy is at CU, which is on the WH watch list for sexual assualts and Title IX violations. I would suspect that FSU is on this now, if they were not before, due to Winston and their Title IX issues.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29433262

The White House launched a campaign last week called "It's On Us". The initiative is aimed at encouraging male students to intervene to stop abusive behaviour.

The WH sees this is as a bigger problem than ebola or ISIS. <_<

Fraternities aren't exactly new to campus life.

The White House launched a campaign last week called "It's On Us". The initiative is aimed at encouraging male students to intervene to stop abusive behaviour.

This conclusion is based on what?

Back to the post topic:

IMO...and as is gradually happening in some places, we need to move past "No means no" thinking and toward "Only a clear and unambiguous Yes means Yes".

It's not up to a woman (or man) to say "No". "No" should be the assumed status, the "default setting" if you will, and only a clear communicated, unclouded, unambiguous "Yes" on the part of both partners signals permission to proceed with sexual activity. Silence, intoxication to the point of clouded judgement, lack of forceful resistance, prior flirtation, even nudity (i.e., "flashing"), etc. is NOT a "Yes"!

Based on the lack of attention the WH has shown either, and also that this has more to do w/ the phony 'war on women' mantra.

This is about getting out the female college votes, first and last. Nothing more.

The WH uses EVERY pop culture news item as a diversion from their persistent failures.

Based on the lack of attention the WH has shown either, and also that this has more to do w/ the phony 'war on women' mantra.

This is about getting out the female college votes, first and last. Nothing more.

Its just the way the demmys roll....they gotta demagogue to be in the conversation. Otherwise, they got nothing.

Since we are on this topic let's look at it from this angle. Yes there are guys that are sexual predators. The loosening of moral standards and the college hookup culture have contributed to this as well. http://townhall.com/columnists/monacharen/2014/10/03/women-lying-to-women-n1900135?utm_source=thdaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

Look...there's a problem with this on every campus for the most part. I have personally kicked a few frat boys out of bars downtown for trying to roofie a young lady who has had a couple too many. This is a societal problem that needs to be addressed by Greek Life and their leaders.

Starts in the home. Government does a HORRIBLE job of educating the masses. Why is this such a shock to people? A real and better emphasis needs to be placed on investing in and building up family. Mothers and fathers need to be present to teach fundamental moral values.

Look...there's a problem with this on every campus for the most part. I have personally kicked a few frat boys out of bars downtown for trying to roofie a young lady who has had a couple too many. This is a societal problem that needs to be addressed by Greek Life and their leaders.

I hear so much more about it now than when I did my first degrees. Like groups of girls in the student union going hey did you know so n so got roofied at x last night. I actually had a girl in one of my groups last year that was roofied, fortunately her friends got her out of there. But it didn't do much for her focus at our 8am meeting.

Since we are on this topic let's look at it from this angle. Yes there are guys that are sexual predators. The loosening of moral standards and the college hookup culture have contributed to this as well. http://townhall.com/...utm_campaign=nl

I agree, there are women that do put themselves in hook up situations due to binge drinking/drugs etc. But just cause they hook up doesn't mean all the way. The thing is though, there are fraternities that are keeping drugged drinks at the stand by for women now.

Since we are on this topic let's look at it from this angle. Yes there are guys that are sexual predators. The loosening of moral standards and the college hookup culture have contributed to this as well. http://townhall.com/...utm_campaign=nl

I agree, there are women that do put themselves in hook up situations due to binge drinking/drugs etc. But just cause they hook up doesn't mean all the way. The thing is though, there are fraternities that are keeping drugged drinks at the stand by for women now.

I have no doubt as to that. We have raised a generation with lax morals and boys that have not been taught how to respect women. Too many growing up without fathers. I still remember when going to pick up a girl for a date when I was a teenager. I had to go meet her mom and dad. Her dad made it clear on no uncertain terms that he expected his little girl to be back home in the same condition she left in. My dad made it clear to me that I was to respect women and if I ever did something inappropriate, he'd be all over my case.

If they can detect this drug in the victim or her drink, someone should be arrested for assault and battery or poisoning or the like. And if I am the girl's father, he'd better hope to stay in jail.

This is much more than a social problem, it's a crime.

I have no doubt as to that. We have raised a generation with lax morals and boys that have not been taught how to respect women. Too many growing up without fathers. I still remember when going to pick up a girl for a date when I was a teenager. I had to go meet her mom and dad. Her dad made it clear on no uncertain terms that he expected his little girl to be back home in the same condition she left in. My dad made it clear to me that I was to respect women and if I ever did something inappropriate, he'd be all over my case.

LOL! I liked the speech that ends with "...and her life is much more important to me than yours .....if you get my drift"

LOL! I liked the speech that ends with "...and her life is much more important to me than yours .....if you get my drift"

:big: I'll be printing out a bunch of these in my future. I also have a shotgun, and will make any boys they bring home see me cleaning it.

application.gif

Damn Ben that's good. Oh and the dad I mentioned was a deputy Sheriff, 6'6" 250 pounds and built like a Sherman Tank.

I dated the daughter of a Marine when I was in high school. He was taller than me (I'm 6'3) and carved out of wood. Meeting him was one of the most intimidating experiences of my life.

Damn Ben that's good. Oh and the dad I mentioned was a deputy Sheriff, 6'6" 250 pounds and built like a Sherman Tank.

I dated the daughter of a Marine when I was in high school. He was taller than me (I'm 6'3) and carved out of wood. Meeting him was one of the most intimidating experiences of my life.

Tell me about it. I'm only 5'7 Here I was some snot nosed 16 year old kid looking up at this mountain of a man. Funny thing though, she and I only went out like 2 or 3 times but I got to be good friends with him. Hell of a good guy. 70 years old now and he still looks like he could take on a grizzly bear and win.

So is it a societal problem or a greek problem? Im not defending anyone's attempt to take advantage of a drugged target but I definitely dont think this is just a problem with fraternities. I realize they have their issues but, issues of this kind, are definitely not limited to what is going on in the greek system.

The WH sees this is as a bigger problem than ebola or ISIS. <_</>

Bingo! Yahtzee!

Archived