Who starts at OL Danzey or Miller?

maxwere

I watched OL play quite a bit in the first few games and I actually thought Miller looked the best of the 5. I'm no expert of course but it's all about chemistry and not individual play. I'm sure the coaches know more than any of us what is the best for AU. Personally I would like to see Smith get an opportunity with the first team.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the group that started should be the group that we stick with for the foreseeable future. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread, the beginning of this season has shown that there is a difference between putting your most experienced guys out there in new positions and just playing the backup. Sure those guys have started X number of games, but they haven't started ANY at the new position, so why not go with the guy who has been practicing in that spot for a while? The play early this year has me convinced it's better to keep one side of the line exactly like it was and adjust the rest.

We now have the entire right side that was so dominant at the end of last year back together...I hope we keep it that way. Of course the coaches know better than I do so if they want to tinker some more I get it, but I think the results on the field speak for themselves. I'm still not entirely convinced some of our woes against LA Tech didn't come from Gus not showing his hand with how he'd counter K-State's gameplan. I figure Gus knew we should be able to generate enough offense to win without tipping our hand to LSU, although the line play changed once Miller left, so it also seems that the chemistry on the line began working for whatever reason (or perhaps it is coincidence and LA Tech was just fatigued around the time Miller got hurt).

Regardless of the reason, I'm pleased with the performance Saturday Night. I'm glad we have a full game's film to show the new lineup so they can learn and improve. I'm still cautiously optimistic because I'm worried LSU might not have the best of lines, but the key is we executed well and that's all we could really ask for if LSU is having a down year. War Eagle!!

Archived