How the Country Roots for College Football-Map

Randman5000

Cool but flawed. Not enough orange in Alabama or Georgia. Especially south Georgia where I see Auburn fans outnumbering UGA, Alabama, FSU, Miami, and GA Tech, Florida fans combined at least 3-1 you would think I was in Opelika.

Cool but flawed. Not enough orange in Alabama or Georgia. Especially south Georgia where I see Auburn fans outnumbering UGA, Alabama, FSU, Miami, and GA Tech, Florida fans combined at least 3-1 you would think I was in Opelika.

yeah, those counties still have high percentages but not as much as some of the others according to facebook.

Like the other sets of maps, these were created using estimates of team support based on each team’s share of Facebook “likes” in a ZIP code. We then applied an algorithm to deal with statistical noise and fill in gaps where data was missing. Facebook “likes” are an imperfect measure, but as we’ve noted before, Facebook likes show broadly similar patterns to polls.

Below, we’ve highlighted and annotated 19 of the country’s most storied programs and rivalries. In the coming weeks, we’ll also release specific ones just for some conferences.

It's the NYTimes. More than likely completely fabricated for more clicks. Thats how they roll.

sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

have a nice day.

Wde.

Why are there no North Carolina Tar Heels fans in North Carolina? All I see is Duke, NC State, and wake forest

From the map.

Facebook has a discovered a coding error with its data for North Carolina, and we expect to have corrected data soon.

Why are there no North Carolina Tar Heels fans in North Carolina? All I see is Duke, NC State, and wake forest

I noticed that too. UNC fans outnumber everybody out here.

Oops, missed the correction above.

Think Texas AM is correct? Don't even think this state is correct, basically if you don't live in the college town there are no other fans especially if it is the name of the state.

In any case the countless polls, surveys, rankings have to show uat #1 cause the media plays to who signs their checks

This was cool, but I also feel that it's very obvious on the fans location. Not really any surprises except Oregon being in Alaska! but I guess who else would they vote for?

It's the NYTimes. More than likely completely fabricated for more clicks. Thats how they roll.

sorry, but you don't know what you are talking about.

have a nice day.

Wde.

A little touchy arent you. No need to be an crybaby a$$ Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Lighten up. I didn't realize you had no sense of humor. I will remember next time to just ignore your posts instead. But just so you know, I dont think people need an algorithmic map to figure out that the a college team's fans are mostly within their immediate geographical area.

It was more of a comment on your ignorance rather than a college football thing it was a cool map from the nytimes graphic dept.and for college football fans. Appreciate your insight. Have a nice day

Archived