So Ebola and Big Pharmacy...In Bed Together?

Texan4Auburn

Besides, a much better example would be the manufacturers of protective garments and their suppliers of such stuff as disposable non-wovens and coated non-wovens they are made from. (I have a little experience in this field.)

Everyone talks about the need for doctors and RN's. Right now, this "war" is centered around protective materials as much as anything, except for education and training. This is one of the main reasons Ebola is running wild in Africa. All they have to provide volunteers is boots and gloves. It's a joke.

If our (meaning the third world) capacity for these materials is not running balls-out, it is a sin.

Great point.

I'll bet I run through 30 gowns, pairs of gloves and masks most weeks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you actually believe big pharm. got or may get Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting, you may want to seriously consider psychological counseling for your mental problems!

You believe big Pharm has the power and means to do this despite the efforts of the CDC, the military, the State Department, Homeland Security, your Pres Barney and Democrat Controlled Senate?

Next you will tell us that you agree with Farrakhan, on Ebola was started by whites to kill blacks. http://www.washingto...ce-targeting-b/

So Barney, Reid and the rest of the Democrat controlled Senate, don't have the power or means to stop big pharm? Pretty weak leaders don't ya think?

Well yes profit is a motive. What of it? Are they supposed to lose money and just give everything away?

You tell me.....I suggested profit and motive go together and was called repulsive and despicable.

So if we are going to turn it into some moral high ground thing.... then yes. They should of lost money and gave it away and then there would already be a solution to this problem.

If we are sticking to profit is a motive, then it is fair to question a company that has already demonstrated highly unethical conduct in regards to lives for profit.

A close to home example. The Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment conducted by the US government's Public Health Service, Tuskegee Institute, and later the CDC that ran from 1932 to 1972 and only stopped when a PHS whistle blower leaked evidence to the press in the early 1970s. Penicillin was the treatment of choice as early as 1947, but it was denied to the participants. It was the Federal government and Tuskegee that pushed and continue to operate this study for 40 years until they were outed. Their was no profit motive, just a lack of government and medical ethics.

If you actually believe big pharm. got or may get Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting, you may want to seriously consider psychological counseling for your mental problems!

You believe big Pharm has the power and means to do this despite the efforts of the CDC, the military, the State Department, Homeland Security, your Pres Barney and Democrat Controlled Senate?

Next you will tell us that you agree with Farrakhan, on Ebola was started by whites to kill blacks. http://www.washingto...ce-targeting-b/

So Barney, Reid and the rest of the Democrat controlled Senate, don't have the power or means to stop big pharm? Pretty weak leaders don't ya think?

If I had the amount of money that Big Pharma has, I could get someone with Ebola into this country within a week easily. Though honestly, they don't need to do it now that one guy got through. That is all they needed. Though I know you don't believe the answer to that question is no.

Not really sure what power my president has, guy I voted for this term lost. I used a write in vote.

If I was gonna use a out of bounds bit, I would of gone with the Harvard graduate in public health that claims to be a whistle blower, that also claims that this form is a weaponized version and being used for profit by the drug companies. It is also being covered up by the CDC and the WHO.The whole black/white thing is so overdone and unoriginal.

When it comes to big pharma and politicians, I like this quote

One last assertion made in "American Addict" is that Big Pharma regularly recruits ex-cheerleaders to work as sales representatives because they tend to be successful, competitive, physically attractive individuals who know how to work a crowd.

Eerily enough, this claim

checks out as true, but as the case may be, Big Pharma has also apparently come to realize that it's not just cheerleaders who are useful at pushing their drugs on the public, but also politicians. Democrat, Republican, Bush, Obama - it matters not. Whichever of the two parties happens to be in power makes little difference, because politicians, like ex-cheerleaders, will gladly slip into their uniforms and wave multicolored pompoms in support of Big Pharma if the price is right.

http://screechingkettle.blogspot.com/2014/01/both-democrats-and-republicans-are.html

Well yes profit is a motive. What of it? Are they supposed to lose money and just give everything away?

You tell me.....I suggested profit and motive go together and was called repulsive and despicable.

So if we are going to turn it into some moral high ground thing.... then yes. They should of lost money and gave it away and then there would already be a solution to this problem.

If we are sticking to profit is a motive, then it is fair to question a company that has already demonstrated highly unethical conduct in regards to lives for profit.

Man you are out there in la la land on that one. You are treading on dangerous ground to say a company can't make any money. Why don't you just go to work for your company for free and let that money to go somewhere where it would do more good. Nobody is holding back on a treatment just so they can make money. Ok lets just not charge anybody for medical treatment. Doctors should give away their services for free. Food is just as essential to life as medical treatment but we don't have a problem with food service making a profit. You say you are a moderate. I have yet to see anything that would suggest that to me, certainly not on this issue anyway.

If this post was about a possibly injured football player it would have been locked with in 15 mins of the OP.

No links, just good ole hey what if for the fun of it?

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting? I wouldn't put it past them myself. Would be a ton of $$$$ involved.

http://www.aufamily....tion=boardrules

5) No "unsubstantiated" rumors. Rule of thumb, if you dont have a link for it, don't post it. Just don't hallucinate new rumors.

If this post was about a possibly injured football player it would have been locked with in 15 mins of the OP.

Solid non sequitur.

If this post is allowed to stay up, never again ask me to post a link to support my statements.

Momma never taught you two wrongs don't make a right.

Would anyone really be surprised if big pharm. got Ebola into the US just for the means of profiting? I wouldn't put it past them myself. Would be a ton of $$$$ involved.

First off... This is my first post on this site. Glad to be here. :wareagle:

As for the notion of "big pharma" intentionally bringing Ebola to the US.....

tommy-lee-jones-header.jpg

Nice first effort. You can never go wrong with Tommy Lee.

Thanks, I prefer to stick to the classics and in my opinion there is no better picture to convey a sense of implied "what's wrong with you?" than this picture of Mr. Lee.

Thanks, I prefer to stick to the classics and in my opinion there is no better picture to convey a sense of implied "what's wrong with you?" than this picture of Mr. Lee.

Nice to have you. Welcome to the forum.

+1 Welcome to the AUFamily.

Well, keep that gif handy. You will need it a LOT around here. "What's wrong with you" is the underlying theme of this forum.

Well, keep that gif handy. You will need it a LOT around here. "What's wrong with you" is the underlying theme of this forum.

Thats "mighty rich" coming from a guy who relentlessly calls people silly, stupid, ignorant and racist. REALLY rich!

Thats "mighty rich" coming from a guy who relentlessly calls people silly, stupid, ignorant and racist. REALLY rich!

Yes one of many rules which have not been enforced on this forum lately.

From this point forward, there is a zero tolerance policy on all personal jabs, insults, attacks, name-calling and such toward other board members.

http://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/65659-new-policy-announcement/

Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

But, but,,,,,,,, you are a stupid, ignorant, racist. And, a prolific liar. :Sing: You are king of the idiots. All hail king Blue!

Apparently I've opened a can of worms here and for that I apologize. I had no idea. :dunno:

No, you're not responsible for Blue. Do not give it a second thought. He likes to stir it up and then, play the victim.

Archived