Sick group of 2016 In State LBs

ellitor

Next year's LB class in Alabama is unusually stacked. 4 of the top 11 OLBs, and top 14 when you combine OLBs and ILBs, in the nation reside in the Yellowhammer state. It will be important for our beloved tigers to find a way to get at least 2 of these young studs.

Lyndell Wilson: Composite 5*, #2 OLB, #8 overall

Ben Davis: Composite 5*, #4 OLB, #28 overall

Jeremiah Moon: Composite 4*, #8 OLB, #115 overall

P.J. Blue: Composite 4*, #11 OLB, #146 overall

Next year's LB class in Alabama is unusually stacked. 4 of the top 11 OLBs, and top 14 when you combine OLBs and ILBs, in the nation reside in the Yellowhammer state. It will be important for our beloved tigers to find a way to get at least 2 of these young studs.

Questions

1. Which of these guys are we going after hardest and do we lead for any?

2. I am not from Alabama and the only 4 years I lived there was when I went AU... I have never heard the "Yellowhammer State" before. I would love to know what that is about.

I will shut up now and listen to a reply. Thanks

CB's heavily favor Alabama for Wilson, Davis, & Moon. This game will be the 2nd game that Wilson & Davis have both been to this year. We also have something working in our favor with Lyndell "Mack" Wilson. Even though he grew up a huge Bama fan, his best friend & teammate is Marlon Davidson who just happens to be the brother of former AU tiger Kenneth Carter. They have both expressed an interest of playing together at the college level. By all accounts we lead for Davidson. Wilson will certainly be a hard pull, but next year Jeremy Johnson will tearing it up on the plains and repping Carver-Montgomery. We'll also have the UGA & Bama games at home for big recruiting games at the end of the season.

CB's heavily favor Alabama for Wilson, Davis, & Moon. This game will be the 2nd game that Wilson & Davis have both been to this year. We also have something working in our favor with Lyndell "Mack" Wilson. Even though he grew up a huge Bama fan, his best friend & teammate is Marlon Davidson who just happens to be the brother of former AU tiger Kenneth Carter. They have both expressed an interest of playing together at the college level. By all accounts we lead for Davidson. Wilson will certainly be a hard pull, but next year Jeremy Johnson will tearing it up on the plains and repping Carver-Montgomery. We'll also have the UGA & Bama games at home for big recruiting games at the end of the season.

Cameron thanks for this info, but what about Yellowhammer?

If we ever wanted to get back at Alabama for the Foster & Evans fiasco, then Ben Davis would be the recruit to do it. He's a 5* LB that lives close to Tuscaloosa. His dad is the leading tackler in Alabama history. His dad is at the heart of their storied tradition, unlike Rashaan Evan's dad who never cracked the starting lineup for Auburn. It's almost impossible to think about, but Kharma has to start coming back around at some point. And what better way to do it than with a 5* LB. I would love for the coaches to get this kid to start thinking about creating a legacy for himself instead of following in the shoes of his father. The more trips he takes to Auburn then the better chance we'll have.

Questions

2. I am not from Alabama and the only 4 years I lived there was when I went AU... I have never heard the "Yellowhammer State" before. I would love to know what that is about.

1. Top group with the first 3 but Bama likely leads for LW and BD. Top 2 with Miss St. for Moon. Bama has not offered. 2 Yellowhammer is the state bird.

Questions

1. Top group with the first 3 but Bama likely leads for LW and BD. Top 2 with Miss St. for Moon. Bama has not offered. 2 Yellowhammer is the state bird.

BD is a bammer legacy, if I remember correctly and has been brainwashed.

Questions

I don't know about brainwashed. He MAY be keeping an open mind given this is his second AU game appearance this year.

Questions

I don't know about brainwashed. He MAY be keeping an open mind given this is his second AU game appearance this year.

My thoughts as well. Probably a long shot, but he's at least giving us a chance to impress him, which isn't nothing.

Wilson and Davis are definitely Bama leans. Our best shot with Wilson is if he really wants to play with Marlon his teammate. But with Wilson's sister going to Bama he has been making comments about being there with her and has taken many photos with SDH.. I really want Wilson but I can tell you the kid does have some real issues as well. Just hope these visits help.

We will get some of them. I have no doubt about that.

I would prefer we atleast split the 5 star linebackers. Wde

Questions

Good to know. Thanks

You can bet the Tuskalosers will do everything in their power to keep Auburn from getting any of them. How effective they will be remains to be seen. They tried very hard to keep Tre Williams and Roc Thomas from coming to AU and they failed with those two. Maybe the times, they are a' changin'.

You can bet the Tuskalosers will do everything in their power to keep Auburn from getting any of them. How effective they will be remains to be seen. They tried very hard to keep Tre Williams and Roc Thomas from coming to AU and they failed with those two. Maybe the times, they are a' changin'.

It is definitely changing. Yesterday was proof of that

Questions

Yellowhammer has something to do with sending Alabammer to hell. You'll have to ask Chris Davis for more info.

Wilson and Davis are definitely Bama leans. Our best shot with Wilson is if he really wants to play with Marlon his teammate. But with Wilson's sister going to Bama he has been making comments about being there with her and has taken many photos with SDH.. I really want Wilson but I can tell you the kid does have some real issues as well. Just hope these visits help.

While all this may be true he has also said he wants to play college ball with MD. Also he's on record saying Jeremy Johnson is recruiting him the hardest of the Carver alums FWIW.

Yes Ellitor he has said that he wants to play with Marlon, which I believe I referenced in my post. And with this ONE person I choose to take my info because mine did not come from a reporter during some interview but from a close family member.

Yes Ellitor he has said that he wants to play with Marlon, which I believe I referenced in my post. And with this ONE person I choose to take my info because mine did not come from a reporter during some interview but from a close family member.

Don't take my reply personally. I was not knocking you at all nor discrediting the info you posted in any way. I was just giving the full picture with what I posted. Me saying "yours may be true" was me respecting you and giving your info credit. Also the way you referenced MD sounded more like you did not believe it so I posted what I did there. Lastly, it's awesome and I'm glad you have a connection with his family, stating that in your OP would have been good because it would have given the content of your post much more value.

Just a guess on my part, but I don't think Bama, stacked as they already are at linebacker, would take all 4, and neglect other positions.

They certainly might if it would keep us from getting one. But then again, they might want to sign a kicker as opposed to using that scholarship to keep us from getting a blue chipper. Hopefully, they keep doing what they are doing. Just tell the guys on the chain gang to keep their eyes open because they may get decapitated by Bama's FG kicker. But hey, they have a good LB on the sideline.

Just a guess on my part, but I don't think Bama, stacked as they already are at linebacker, would take all 4, and neglect other positions.

They've only offered 2 of them so far.

Just a head's up ladies and gents. collector527 does have a connection on Lyndell Wilson so if he decides to keep posting updates on LW keep your eyes out for them and be appreciative.

They've only offered 2 of them so far.

I don't lose sleep or spend much time over UAT recruiting but I don't think there's been a recent year when they signed as few as two linebackers. Seems like i can recall them getting four or five, but never two. I could be wrong.

Archived