Cowbells...

WFE12

maybe i need to just chill and just take this win in,i usually would want the next saturday to speed up but not this time, I'm going to enjoy everyday of this until and i'm nervous as heck again, going to also enjoy the silence of the bammers so much this week ;D

Silence is golden, isn't it!

yeah and they're the main ones talking smack to me, i just be quiet, to me it feels so much better to just look at their face and not even have to say anything

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My post in another thread:

This Miss St team is schizophrenic, everyone thinks they are great right now, but it's the same team that struggled to beat UAB, and hasn't really dominated the teams they have played tamu/LSU. So I'm not sold on Miss St being great, really good yes, but not great. I think Auburn wins on the road by at least 14.

This game will not be as tough as people think as long as Auburn plays Auburn football like they did today against LSU. It will be a win for Auburn, cowbells or not.

People were saying the same thing about AU at this time last year. We struggled the first few games last year (and this year to some degree). This MSU team has found its identity the last two weeks and will be a tough win for anybody. They have a lot of weapons on offense, and a very opportunistic defense that creates turnovers. The winner this week will have the inside track to the West.

I see Ole Miss as the schizo team. Miss. St. has been very solid throughout. I don't see any team in CFB as being great...even before today and today certainly showed that. However, I don't think Miss st. is all hype..unlike Bama, A&M and Ole Miss...I think Miss. St. is the real deal in that they can contend for the West and we're going to have to play another complete game to beat them.

^^^^This^^^^

This should be the week that let's us know if we have a passing game that can win us the SEC championship. Our defense has been something to be proud of thus far. They seem to be getting better every week. If that plays out the rest of the year, we will be the hunt for SEC champions.

AU will be the toughest game MSU has played all year too....and I stand to be proved wrong, but other than Dak I don't get too excited about their offense.

TAMU got a lot of credit for catching USCe by surprise and they were definitely over rated, had a freshman QB which can always be a problem as LSU found out. The win by MSU win was a good one for them but TAMU was never the 6th best team in college football.

Meanwhile, I expect CJ will have a plan for Dak.

Jameon (sp?) Lewis is someone to be excited about. He drops some passes, but any team would be happy to have him at receiver, He's a legit number 1. I see us as the better coached and slightly better team. It will come down to which qb plays better unless our d is stifling like it was against kst and lsu.

This is a must win for us and it won't be easy. DAK is the real deal with a great O-Line and a solid running game. Their D is solid but we can move the ball on them. They seem to tire in the 4th quarter. A few people are taliking about the UAB game as a reason we will beat them. They were not into that game mentally it happens with weaker teams at times.

I think we are a more complet team and will wear them down but it is important that we don't let them get any momentum at the beginning. As long as we keep it close or small lead in first half we should pull away but it won't be easy.

People are getting excited for MSU like TAM was a legit team. We showed what a decent team can do to LSU as well. And this time we never let up unlike MSU. If we are close in the second half its our game to lose. They are a 2.5-3 quarter team and its shown all season. we wont put up 41 against them but they wont put that much up on us.

People are getting excited for MSU like TAM was a legit team. We showed what a decent team can do to LSU as well. And this time we never let up unlike MSU. If we are close in the second half its our game to lose. They are a 2.5-3 quarter team and its shown all season. we wont put up 41 against them but they wont put that much up on us.

To be fair, we held back after halftime. The defense was lights out all night, but Gus put the offense on cruise control. We could have named the score in the second half. Smart game plan in my opinion.

I agree that we may have dialed back the O but my point is not giving up 19 points in the 4th quarter like MSU did or this week where they gave up 14 more. It was 41-17 thats a lot more impressive to me than ending 48-31. The theme that sticks out to me the most is they've gotten outscored in the 4th quarter in the UAB, LSU, and TAM games. And if it wasnt for a 21 point third quarter they lose to UAB. It may be a tough game, but i havent seen anything to show that we should be too concerned.

I agree Titan Tiger. This game will be the true test for our team. If we get by them, we can beat anyone. Just hope we have good refs because we have dumb and dummer announcing the game.

I wonder how much of a hangover Starkville will have after this morning. That was a big win.

I've got a Nachos Bell Grande that says Ole Miss face plants next weekend.

TAMU folks felt they had a Arlington Hangover from last weekend.

I agree that we may have dialed back the O but my point is not giving up 19 points in the 4th quarter like MSU did or this week where they gave up 14 more. It was 41-17 thats a lot more impressive to me than ending 48-31. The theme that sticks out to me the most is they've gotten outscored in the 4th quarter in the UAB, LSU, and TAM games. And if it wasnt for a 21 point third quarter they lose to UAB. It may be a tough game, but i havent seen anything to show that we should be too concerned.

This is what I'm talking about. It's not that they weren't up to playing a cupcake, they had to come back from a deficit to win that game, that doesn't sound like a great team. No great team should ever be down to a cupcake, much less still neck and neck in the 3rd quarter. Miss st has looked good at times this season, but I think TAMU and LSU are at their level of play, we see the difference in the 2 teams just looking at each game vs LSU. I just don't believe moo st is as good as advertised. Do they have some great players yes, the complete package, no.

I think we'll have to pass well to win this one. That makes Coates re-emergence last night SO much bigger.

This is what I'm talking about. It's not that they weren't up to playing a cupcake, they had to come back from a deficit to win that game, that doesn't sound like a great team. No great team should ever be down to a cupcake, much less still neck and neck in the 3rd quarter. Miss st has looked good at times this season, but I think TAMU and LSU are at their level of play, we see the difference in the 2 teams just looking at each game vs LSU. I just don't believe moo st is as good as advertised. Do they have some great players yes, the complete package, no.

One player, Prescott, is a game changer. He is not quite the player Cam was for us but he's not that far off.

I think we'll have to pass well to win this one. That makes Coates re-emergence last night SO much bigger.

With their weak secondary, we should be able to see some good passing numbers

Certainly their weakest spot on defense.........frontline is brutal though.

MSU has not played a team like us. We have an O and D. We hold the penalties and tunrovers. We will win. Special teams will be very important

So let's all bring cowbells to Starkville next Saturday

now wouldn't that be funny to have them subjected to that.

And shake those damn things every time Dak touches the ball.

Archived