Week 7 Polls

AUDub

You gotta think the selection committee is starting to sweat. Things are getting weird.

Yep this is some 2007-level tomfoolery...

Well here is how I see it if they had to pick today.

Without 2 sec teams making it=

1)auburn

2)FSU

3)Baylor

4)Michigan state

With 2=

1)auburn

2)FSU

3)Baylor

4)miss state

You gotta think the selection committee is starting to sweat. Things are getting weird.

Yep this is some 2007-level tomfoolery...

Well here is how I see it if they had to pick today.

Without 2 sec teams making it=

1)auburn

2)FSU

3)Baylor

4)Michigan state

With 2=

1)auburn

2)FSU

3)Baylor

4)miss state

Replace FSU with ND and that's about right.

Oct 28 is their first ranking.

Scott Wolfe, LA Daily News. This boob is the reason we are not #1 in the AP polls. He has us at 4. There are two others at 3. 23-1st, the rest second. We are 2 points out in the AP.

Top seven was exactly as I predicted with teams. I knew they would keep the turds in the mix.

Well that's ok. They'll be out of it long before we get to them.

Yeah, I don't think bama is through losing this year. Miss St, A&M, and Auburn look like likely loses, and I wouldn't count our Ark.

I honestly think the polls need to go away, but they won't due to ESPN needing to cause controversy and make up headlines.

If anybody really wants to be honest about it, ESPN is the real and ONLY selection committle for the 4 team playoff. Whoever they want in Will be in. Whoever they want out Will be out. Count on it.

The drop by Alabama is in line with most everybody else. It isn't like they only dropped a couple and everyone else lost 7 spots.

Most coaches didn't see this game... Some have simply seen someone else's highlights, others may have actually read the box scores, and a few I'm sure vote what's to their benefit. If this was the Retired Coaches Poll maybe I'd believe they've seen enough to have a realistically valid view point. Just knowing the game doesn't mean they know by Sunday morning what happened while they were hard at work.

I think they have access to more information now than they did 30 or more yers ago. With virtually every game being televised now they can at lesast see highlights and recaps of all the games. In the past they didn't have access to even that. then it really was a pointless endeavor.

K State should be rated much higher...

Agree. But... they have a big one against Oklahoma this week (I think) so they'll have their shot to prove it. I don't watch Big XII games much, but I'm looking forward to that one.

Yes, and Ark might should be in the mix also.

funny how fsu finally does what they're supposed to do and blows the lesser opponent out the same day when auburn clicks on both sides of the ball finally

I work with dozens of FSU fans and they just don't understand what's coming. The winner of the Auburn vs Miss St game will topple Felony State from #1. And it shouldn't matter how badly they beat Syracuse. But with all the respect Notre Dame is receiving, a win by FSU over the Irish in a couple weeks may make things interesting at #1 again.

Here's a subplot thought: historically Syracuse cultivates dirty play IMO and targets players. Coach after coach. Jameis' handlers need to be on the field with him because the "Orangemen's" tactics may send him to the bench.

Archived