Auburn vs MSU Score Prediction

augolf1716

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn wins 34 to 33 If it's a bad game. Statistically, we should have a good enough defense to cause a 55% decrease for state to score on us that makes it to be about 19pts. State's defense would only cause a 15% decrease in production on the auburn offense and makes the score out to be 36. Of course all of that is based on ypg and and without taking into affect penalties and turnovers.

MSU is 84th in total defense, their SOS per Sagarin until they played TAMU was 120th (TAMU was 105 just saying). MSU has lost 7 fumbles this year (2 Interceptions). MSU is giving up 10.67 yards per pun return, Auburn is at 15.65. Auburn is at 23 yards per punt return (4th in the nation) MSU is 70th at 7.67.

MSU is 12th in total offense, Auburn is 23rd. ~45 yard per game difference, however I think Auburn stats are a bit skewed because in games that we are in a comanding lead we slowed it down and ran the ball, also we may have gotten off to slow starts which hampered our yards.

Too many unknowns to really call this one. KSU game will help Auburn more people realize. 45-21

After looking them over this game shouldnt be close at all.

Southern Miss passed for 212 and run for 71 and got 2 sks they had one win in 2 yrs,no clue if they won this year.

UAB scored 34 pts passed for 435 and ran for 113 yrd and outgained State in 13 pt loss,their nowhere has good has San Jose St or La Tech

South Alabama man tough 3 games passed for 288 and ran for 57 yrds and got a sack

LSU passed for 341 and ran for 89 and Harris a mobile qb we shut down nearly beat them in 4th they got 2 sks

Tex AM passed for 365 ran for 161 got 3 sks

They have yet to play a defense to compare to LSU they got 430 on State to Auburns 280. Their defense is very small esp in secondary vs are giant recievers. Dont see how 5 ft 8 175 covers Duke at all.I think we see alot of Derrick Moncrief to take away the 6 ft 5 DeRunnya. Their o line hasnt faced a d line yet and has given up 8 sacks,compared to Auburn 3. Auburns D has 10 sacks on the year including 5 vs the big 3 teams. Their depht in back seven falls off. Offset their aggressive d line with screens to payne and grant which are glorified runs.

After looking them over this game shouldnt be close at all.

Southern Miss passed for 212 and run for 71 and got 2 sks they had one win in 2 yrs,no clue if they won this year.

UAB scored 34 pts passed for 435 and ran for 113 yrd and outgained State in 13 pt loss,their nowhere has good has San Jose St or La Tech

South Alabama man tough 3 games passed for 288 and ran for 57 yrds and got a sack

LSU passed for 341 and ran for 89 and Harris a mobile qb we shut down nearly beat them in 4th they got 2 sks

Tex AM passed for 365 ran for 161 got 3 sks

They have yet to play a defense to compare to LSU they got 430 on State to Auburns 280. Their defense is very small esp in secondary vs are giant recievers. Dont see how 5 ft 8 175 covers Duke at all.I think we see alot of Derrick Moncrief to take away the 6 ft 5 DeRunnya. Their o line hasnt faced a d line yet and has given up 8 sacks,compared to Auburn 3. Auburns D has 10 sacks on the year including 5 vs the big 3 teams. Their depht in back seven falls off. Offset their aggressive d line with screens to payne and grant which are glorified runs.

Our defense gave up huge numbers last year and based on math like that we shouldn't have won a game.

Their Offense has scored more points than their defense has allowed. Same as us in 2010 and 2013. This year our defense has done the same for us mostly.

If we don't slow down their running game and make Dak a pocket passer we will have a long game of who can score the most. If we slow their run game down we may destroy them.

I am really nervous about this game. I look at Miss State and see a good team. They took LSU down at LSU stadium and outside of getting a bit sloppy at the end when they thought the game was over, they dominated LSU just like we did.

This being a road game it may be closer than anyone likes. When was the last time we just flat out stomped Miss State? 2009 we scored 49-24. Other than that we haven't beaten them by double digits since 06 when we beat them 34-0.

oh, my prediction 34-24.

31 us-24 them. I think it will be close, but then again, we may have hit our stride. Hard to tell, because LSU looked so easy to beat. I will be on pins and needles watching it!!!

Archived