Did I see Ellis

auburn4ever

I thought it was basically a 4-3 we lined up in a few times?

The ONLY bad thing about watching the replay is we did so good on Offense... and they were so bad on Offense, we don't hardly get to see any of our great defensive play.

We've been doing that on occasion all year.

Correct. ....it's also one of the first things he said in his presser after his hire. He wants multiple looks and to play fast and aggressive. He's developing the players to adapt to it. Just imagine in a couple of years when he truly gets to mold the incoming recruits to fit his theory.

The ONLY bad thing about watching the replay is we did so good on Offense... and they were so bad on Offense, we don't hardly get to see any of our great defensive play.

Well their shoddy is directly attributed to our fantastic Defensive play...so...to put a positive spin on your point of view, it's a good thing you didn't get to see much. LSU was 0-fer 3rd down. Gimme more games played like that by our D.

Well their shoddy is directly attributed to our fantastic Defensive play...so...to put a positive spin on your point of view, it's a good thing you didn't get to see much. LSU was 0-fer 3rd down. Gimme more games played like that by our D.

I really didn't mean anything negative re: my point of view, as I said we had great defensive play..., I guess I assumed that the fact that that lead to their shoddy / poor offensive play would be understood...

It was kinda meant as a light comment regarding not getting to see any of our great defense play on the game Replay as they CUT out half the game (this one cut's out almost ALL of our Defensive plays) I'd kinda like to see... guess I should have used a smiley face after it? ^-^

and YES give me a many more games by our D... agreed. ;)

Several years of poor tackling has been gut-wrenching for me. Above all else in this game, I was MOST excited about the tackling. This was by far the best the AU defense has tackled in years. It has taken a long time to correct, and I hope to goodness no coaching staff will ever neglect teaching proper tackling fundamentals again. I know there may be some who were not happy with CEJ, but no schemes or 3-4's or 4-3's or anything else can compensate for the poor tackling to the extent we have seen the past few years. The real genius behind this defense is CEJ and staff took the time to TEACH these great athletes how to carry out their assignments in a fundamentally sound way. JMHO of course.

I'm an Ellis coaching & gameplan over the long haul doubter. The man can recruit. We'll see come December what his gameplans have done this season with the terrific recruits he's brought in. Keep it up Ellis.

I'm an Ellis coaching & gameplan over the long haul doubter. The man can recruit. We'll see come December what his gameplans have done this season with the terrific recruits he's brought in. Keep it up Ellis.

Whew... I know Ellis is sleeping good tonight with that ringing endorsement. Is your real name Jesse Palmer? ;)

I have to agree. The fundamentals have been much better. I think CEJ and his staff have done a great job. As others have said, schemes don't mean much when you can't win the LOS, get leverage, square up, make solid, consistent open field tackles and DBs do not turn and play the ball. Yes, there is still room for growth in these areas. I would like to see the DBs play the ball more consistently and have softer hands.

But, the one thing I kept thinking to myself last night was how much our tackling, especially in the open field, has improved drastically.

AU is light years ahead of where they were last year. Fundamentals have been lacking at all levels of football. Kids weren't taught proper technique. It is starting to be done now but it will be some time yet before these kids get to college ball with that already instilled in them. The spotscenter highlight blow someone up play was what got you noticed.

I was just messing with you Canuck. Always good to have your insight on AUF.

Archived