I'm Taking Cowbells With Me!

AUenginerd

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea! You will confuse their fans and they will start ringing them when their own team is on offense! Lol

Now that I think about it, it's a good idea. I imagine they'd fall victim too, especially if a large contingent of Auburn fans started rang'a'dangalang'n them annoying things.

If the visiting fans followed the SEC rules, it should be allowed. We are after all just honoring their cherished tradition.

Actually that could be quite a business in Starkville. Renting cowbells to visiting fans as they arrive.

That said, I don't remember ever seeing MooState fans with them at JHS.

Trust me, they have been there.

They are only supposed to ring the cowbells during the times the band is allowed to play. Not saying they abide by those rules but I heard it discussed by the Miss St. athletic director recently.

They are only supposed to ring the cowbells during the times the band is allowed to play. Not saying they abide by those rules but I heard it discussed by the Miss St. athletic director recently.

So, that doesn't apply to Auburn. Ring on boys and girls!

If the visiting fans followed the SEC rules, it should be allowed. We are after all just honoring their cherished tradition.

Actually that could be quite a business in Starkville. Renting cowbells to visiting fans as they arrive.

Not sure about JHS, but my husband confiscated a few of them at BDS. He would give them back at the end of the game but they had their orders to confiscate them.

Who does your husband work for that he'd be inside BDS and receive orders to confiscate cowbells?

The gate officials are supposed to confiscate the bells at JHS. But, like liquor, there are always a few that get in with them.

it looks like you are good to go with taking your own cowbells but not the bullhorn.

Davis Wade Stadium Policies

Prohibited Items- Alcohol, bags/backpacks (larger than 14 in. x 14 in. x 8 in.), balls, banners, beverages, bottles, cameras with detachable lenses, containers, drugs, fireworks, flags, food, frisbees, handheld radios and televisions (permitted with headsets), ice chests, irritants, firearms, knives, noisemakers (except cowbells), picnic baskets, signs, thermoses, video cameras or weapons are prohibited in the stadium. Gate personnel are instructed to enforce this rule. Stadium security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the stadium.

Cowbells- Cowbells are permitted in Davis Wade Stadium, but can only be used at designated times. Please visit respectthebell.com for full details. All other types of artificial noise makers are prohibited inside the stadium.

The vuvuzela! That thing will make you want to go on a shooting spree.

oh my gosh....sounds like a billion mosquitoes..

I was actually going to do this since I got my wisdom teeth taken out just a few hours ago, but my oral surgeon said he wanted to have me ready to yell by Saturday!

WDE!!

Not sure about JHS, but my husband confiscated a few of them at BDS. He would give them back at the end of the game but they had their orders to confiscate them.

Who does your husband work for that he'd be inside BDS and receive orders to confiscate cowbells?

He PREVIOUSLY worked for TPD. Last year he worked football was 2011.

it looks like you are good to go with taking your own cowbells but not the bullhorn.

Davis Wade Stadium Policies

Prohibited Items- Alcohol, bags/backpacks (larger than 14 in. x 14 in. x 8 in.), balls, banners, beverages, bottles, cameras with detachable lenses, containers, drugs, fireworks, flags, food, frisbees, handheld radios and televisions (permitted with headsets), ice chests, irritants, firearms, knives, noisemakers (except cowbells), picnic baskets, signs, thermoses, video cameras or weapons are prohibited in the stadium. Gate personnel are instructed to enforce this rule. Stadium security has the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the stadium.

Cowbells- Cowbells are permitted in Davis Wade Stadium, but can only be used at designated times. Please visit respectthebell.com for full details. All other types of artificial noise makers are prohibited inside the stadium.

Last time I went they took my shaker that had the little clacker on the handle, yet they let the MSU people clang those stupid cowbells away. Would not be surprised if they didn't try to collect cowbells from the AU fans as they enter the stadium.

I love the idea of AU fans taking cowbells to MSU. I wish it could be widely adopted for this week.

Did the "ring responsibly" crap from a couple years ago just go away? It seems like MSU fans never obliged so the SEC just gave up on enforcement efforts. Is the school fined each week like they should be? (I'm sure not...)

How in the hell does the SEC expect a bunch of raucous students NOT to ring their bells from the time the center sets up over the ball until the whistle is blown?

That is ignorance...

Guess all we need to do is show up with bells on...

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/10/auburn_preparing_for_mississip.html

MSU gets fined every year. The fines are structured so that the first offense (one offense per game) is a $5000 fine; the second offense is up to $25,000 per offense; and the third and subsequent fines up to $50,000 per offense. Last season they were fined a joke amount of $25,000 for the season. That is chump change for a major D1 football program. They break the rules every home game which would be four times every season for SEC only games and then another 3 or 4 games for non-conference games. Obviously, the SEC Office doesn't care about enforcing the ring responsible rule or the fines each year would be a lot steeper.

AU fans could get pretty creative about how to get dem bells in...

AU fans could get pretty creative about how to get dem bells in...

:blink:

Well, WFE, where there's a will, there's a way. :jossun:

... paint'em off-white and maroon an hide'em in plain sight.

There ya go! :jossun:

Archived