Targeting was the Soup Dour for Freshman in the SEC (3 ejections)

eibua12

We have discussed Nick's to death but feel free to discuss the rest. The one on Dax is tough but he lowered his head that will get called every time. Oh BTW on the pitch option he is a running back not a QB so I don't care if he plays QB they need to see that as a run play. USCe one IMHO is bs and apparently they didn't even review it

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-players-ejected-targeting-week-6-2014/

We have discussed Nick's to death but feel free to discuss the rest. The one on Dax is tough but he lowered his head that will get called every time. Oh BTW on the pitch option he is a running back not a QB so I don't care if he plays QB they need to see that as a run play. USCe one IMHO is bs and apparently they didn't even review it

http://www.saturdayd...ng-week-6-2014/

It is a run play but the rule doesn't distinguish between the types of play that is run. It doesn't matter whether its a run play or a pass play, the same rules apply. Targeting can be called on anybody on the field in any type of play.

du jour...Soup du jour.

I thought it was some kind of food poisoning metaphor.

So not bad clam chowder?

dour - adjective

• relentlessly severe, stern, or gloomy in manner or appearance.

"a hard, dour, humorless fanatic" (
    google chrome
    )
    :(

:)

du jour...Soup du jour.

I thought it was some kind of food poisoning metaphor.

So not bad clam chowder?

dour - adjective

• relentlessly severe, stern, or gloomy in manner or appearance.

"a hard, dour, humorless fanatic" (
    google chrome
    )
    :(

:)

Yup fat finger on a phone can get you in trouble.

By rule they are all automatically reviewed in the booth.

I was told they didn't review it by someone that was there.

It is a run play but the rule doesn't distinguish between the types of play that is run. It doesn't matter whether its a run play or a pass play, the same rules apply. Targeting can be called on anybody on the field in any type of play.

I haven't seen targeting called against a hit on a RB, and I can guarantee you I have seen tons of hits that are targeting per the rule, my point is more about the announcers saying well you hit a QB and your going to get that call every time and like you said it shouldn't matter who has the ball they all should be treated the same and we all know that isn't the case, so a QB running the ball has a different dynamic about the play and should be treated a bit different IMHO not oh he is the QB so let us protect him more. I would also like the media to take a course in what is an isn't targeting, or just keep their mouths shut instead of making some sensational moment for the TV. I do like the official in the booth that they can ask that as a nice add because it brings down emotion and judgement because well this guy is trained and we should trust his judgement.

I haven't seen targeting called against a hit on a RB, and I can guarantee you I have seen tons of hits that are targeting per the rule, my point is more about the announcers saying well you hit a QB and your going to get that call every time and like you said it shouldn't matter who has the ball they all should be treated the same and we all know that isn't the case, so a QB running the ball has a different dynamic about the play and should be treated a bit different IMHO not oh he is the QB so let us protect him more. I would also like the media to take a course in what is an isn't targeting, or just keep their mouths shut instead of making some sensational moment for the TV. I do like the official in the booth that they can ask that as a nice add because it brings down emotion and judgement because well this guy is trained and we should trust his judgement.

This rule, like most today it seems, favors the offensive player....so yes, you are never likely to see a QB or see CAP called for lowering his head a the point of contact. That's different IMO from situations where a DB goes high on a WR. Those kids need to learn better tackling technique rather than just try to knock the defender down by hitting him high...whether the shoulders or head. If guys want to know how to tackle, watch the replay of Brandon King tackling the LSU QB...brandon-king-hit-harris-almondjpg-57dae94f755b269e.jpg

Believe me, they need to take a course on much more than just targeting. They butcher rules every game but pass it off as fact and the casual fan doesn't know any better so they just blindly accept them as truth and they aren't.

Archived