UAT Leads SEC in Offensive Penalties

Tampa Tiger

Just a quick thought, but I was watching SEC Now on SEC Network and they were talking about UAT leading the league in offensive penalties, but nobody drew the conclusion with Lane Kiffin...

Anyone think that this is due to him being new or lack of discipline that you hear regarding Kiffin himself?

Or just possibly, with the "glow" of Saban's "dynasty" looking slightly tarnished, refs are finally calling things they've ignored with the Tide for a long time?

Or just possibly, with the "glow" of Saban's "dynasty" looking slightly tarnished, refs are finally calling things they've ignored with the Tide for a long time?

Didn't think of that either as there is so many great games with parity this year, they don't feel like they have to protect the "sacred cow"... That's an interesting perspective as well.....

My UF buddy I was watching the UAT vs Old Mrs. game with couldn't believe how many penalties they weren't calling on UAT though...

Just a quick thought, but I was watching SEC Now on SEC Network and they were talking about UAT leading the league in offensive penalties, but nobody drew the conclusion with Lane Kiffin...

Anyone think that this is due to him being new or lack of discipline that you hear regarding Kiffin himself?

That 2nd string center that had to play in the 2nd half had a couple, and IIRC they have a green LT don't they? Their oline is a liability for them right now.

The OL at spuat holds like never before - and that's saying alot. Their OL is very very suspect. It isnt "coached" holding as it usually is, it's desperation holding.

Yep - their Oline is a liabilty and they got handled on Saturday.

UAT is losing its grip as the major player. They may just start to be getting the calls that they should have always been getting.

It wasn't so tarnished (previously ranked #2/#3 without playing any tough competition) until they lost this weekend and already had plenty of offensive penalties if they now lead the SEC in that category. Not complaining, but I don't think it is because the officials have changed anything, but the lack of coaching has and it shows in penalties.

Watch film on uat...any uat game.....EVERY pass play involves an illegal pick.

Watch film on uat...any uat game.....EVERY pass play involves an illegal pick.

Yep, and more times than not, we arent talking the minor rub that you can get away with. Its an obvious pick.

On the first play from scrimmage after Coker comes in against uf, Henry makes a long run down the sideline. If uf was wearing tear away jersys one their player's jersies would've been in shreds. No penalty

Archived