Jameis Winston hearing set for week of Nov. 17

cooltigger21

Interesting. Will the testimony be made public?

Don't have any idea. I don't know whether that is allowed under Florida law or university policy.

It's a Title IX hearing, would federal law govern?

Even if there is a swift ruling, there is an appeal process that will keep infamous shameous on campus through January when he'll turn pro. Then they can kick him and his NFL signing bonus out of Tallahassee.

FSU is playing catchup with title IX. Note they blame the lack of a central IX coordinator for the problem. Some athletic department person is probably taking the blame right now, but the government shouldn't let them off.

http://news.fsu.edu/More-FSU-News/kNOw-MORE-FSU-launches-initiatives-aimed-at-prevention-of-sexual-violence

Wait until his gambling issues come to light. Shaving points ain't no joke.

http://ibnsportswrap...?articleID=1716

Oh boy now that will get the attention of the feds in a hurry. It would, I think, prevent him from entering the NFL. If that is true no NFL team will dare touch him. They frown on that sort of thing big time.

Don't have any idea. I don't know whether that is allowed under Florida law or university policy.

It's a Title IX hearing, would federal law govern?

It's a student disciplinary hearing. I'm pretty sure this will be covered by privacy laws.

Oh boy now that will get the attention of the feds in a hurry. It would, I think, prevent him from entering the NFL. If that is true no NFL team will dare touch him. They frown on that sort of thing big time.

Yep. I am not sure how true the article is, but that didn't stop FSU from piling on the Cam saga. If it was good for the goose, it is good for the gander .

Being accused of shaving points will get the Feds, NCAA, and NFL all over you. It would be ironic for him to get caught on this after all the other things.

Sort like getting Al Capone convicted for income tax invasion after all his other activities.

Like that article said, it could all be a "Coincidence". The fact that the B'ham bookie went public with the news in light of the fact that gambling and book making is illegal in Alabama will certainly raise an eyebrow or two.

Doubtful - This is a FSU disciplinary hearing on JW's code of conduct for allegations of sexual assault. School privacy laws should keep this closed to the public.

Yeah, pretty sure it will fall under FERPA - remember back when everyone was slinging mud at Cam and someone from UF released disciplinary hearing matter regarding the laptop? Pretty much everyone was in agreement that was illegal.

Nothing will happen to him, they would never mess with the golden goose until their done with him. They know he's gone after this season, keep him around and eligible until mid-January then send him on his way. Then, slap him on his wrist and tell him what a bad-boy he's been. FSU has no shame and no integrity.

I hope the NFL teams are watching closely and institute some Karma for ole' crablegs.

Got this off of the MSN website... I don't have a link to the twitter account but JW's lawyer released the victim's name on twitter... ummm... couldn't he get sued and disbarred for that?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/jameis-winstons-lawyer-releases-accusers-name-on-twitter/ar-BBd983r

Yeah, pretty sure it will fall under FERPA - remember back when everyone was slinging mud at Cam and someone from UF released disciplinary hearing matter regarding the laptop? Pretty much everyone was in agreement that was illegal.

you may also remember a release of an alleged cheating/ grade issue.

Actually, That's the one that was ringing my memory bell, but apparently not hard enough. :) Yes, that was the one that really had everyone up in arms, not the laptop, at least in terms of student disciplinary stuff. Thanks!

Actually, That's the one that was ringing my memory bell, but apparently not hard enough. :) Yes, that was the one that really had everyone up in arms, not the laptop, at least in terms of student disciplinary stuff. Thanks!

:thumbsup:

I know bookies. They would not go public with this at all. Hell they would probably want in on the next Fix.

BINGO! BANGO! BONGO!

Nobody likes getting played like that. You mess with these guys like that and they will hit back. He can go on with his life and probably get back into bookmaking but this can bring Jameis down.

Yea right. Like the pot dealer who called police to report his stash being stolen. I don't think bookies have a very complicated systems for accounts. They scribble the action in a notebook. I don't buy into this much at all, because the bookie has no incentive to come foward if he don't want to pay nobody can legally or ethically make him. Lose, lose for him. Unless he just wants his name in the paper.

I know bookies. They would not go public with this at all. Hell they would probably want in on the next Fix.

BINGO! BANGO! BONGO!

Nobody likes getting played like that. You mess with these guys like that and they will hit back. He can go on with his life and probably get back into bookmaking but this can bring Jameis down.

If that bookie let a $5,000 wager get to him then he's small potatoes in his buisness anyway. The smart way for a bookie to get back is to find a player willing to shave points and then ride him out and make a mint in the process. You don't rat out one of your customers publically and name names in his line of buisness, it's just not done. That is NOT how you handle getting played in the gambling buisness, any smart person knows that.

Yea right. Like the pot dealer who called police to report his stash being stolen. I don't think bookies have a very complicated systems for accounts. They scribble the action in a notebook. I don't buy into this much at all, because the bookie has no incentive to come foward if he don't want to pay nobody can legally or ethically make him. Lose, lose for him. Unless he just wants his name in the paper.

+1 I'm not buying this story either.

No bookie worth his salt wants his name or his "action" going public, period.

Archived